June 1, 2007: New version is up, and old version is deleted. New version has GUID 0x00357608, and should not
override the Science career (please help me test this). New version was also altered in hours, pay, and workdays, as I started from scratch and did not have these written down. New version also includes an Excel workbook that contains all the career's requirements, pay, etc.
May 16, 2007: If you find that this career is still
conflicting with the Science career, please download version ...GUID0x00357606
Sorry for the bugs - this is my first career.
INTERIOR DESIGN CAREER
Analyze and draft interior spaces, and convert your design concepts into final models. Understand structure and interior construction; building systems and related codes; equipment and components; and plan and design space using computer-aided design software.
ABOUT THIS DOWNLOAD
- I tested this career with both a Uni-grad (who majored in Interior Design) and non-grad. Neither got special treatment, and both started as an Intern.
- This career is not intended to overwrite any preexisting Maxis careers.
- It includes a custom icon set.
- It was cloned from the Science career – so unaltered files may be associated with it instead.
- It is intended to go along with my Interior Design Major
(but is NOT required).
- The jobs and chance cards were created by me, and I would appreciate if you didn't take anything from the career without asking first. Please do not claim this download, or any of its parts, as your own creation.
- All text typed in Word (in English) in order to spell- and grammar-check.
- Please comment with feedback, problems, etc. I’d love to know how this works in your games
- There is no custom reward (yet). I don’t know if there’s any reward associated with this career.
- I have all EPs and no SPs. This may or may not have affected the download; I don't know. However, you may need Nightlife, as it changes the way .package files work or something. This is why I need testers – to determine if any EPs are absolutely required. Also, I may have missed in errors in chance cards, so if anyone spots one, please let me know.
- Is EP-ready, according to the DIY Career Repair Centre.
JOBS (in order)
Kitchen and Bath Designer
Out-of-Home Firm Owner
Focuses on Creativity(10), Charisma(9), Cleaning(8), and Logic(8).
Download and unzip into your \My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads folder.
RESOURCES & THANKS TO SimPE
& Bidou’s Career Editor http://sims.ambertation.de/
DIY Career Repair Centre http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=147886
Guide to Making Custom Career http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=25474