This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Many people have asked me to build a base game only version of my American High School
. I hadn't really planned on it, but I finally got interested in building one when I was making a fixed version of the original AHS. Other than the roof and columns, this school is almost identical to the original, with a few exceptions of things that are either not in the base game or cc that I chose not to include or that wouldn't show up.
Without a local University, band instruments are not available to the teens of Pleasantview. Instead they hold a ceramics class in the music room that works on painting gnomes -- well, that was until the thefts began to take their toll on the budget and they had to switch to painting football trophies and vases. As you can see, ceramics cause a lot of dust in the air.
The large gym is just waiting for Free Time to bring in some basketball. For now Coach Payne (who is a former drill sergeant BTW) has to be satisfied with having the students use the obstacle course behind the school, swim in the swimming pool, and workout in the weight room for Physical Education.
Home Economics class gives students the option of sewing a stack of shirts or a Flour Sack Baby. I think that the teacher, Miss Spinster, may be feeling a bit aspirationally challenged as of late.
The school also offers classes in art, science and botany which are all taught by the same teacher, although Mr. Turnipseed prefers to call his class in the large greenhouse "herbology."Could he be a Harry Potter fan, or did he fry his brain at some point?
The lot is large, so it could lag if you try to have too many "students" or "teachers" on the lot at once. For testing purposes, I moved a clone of Headmaster BJ Ryan in, and teleported in some teens from Pleasantview using Inge's teleporter painting from Simlogical
. Simlogical also has a set of school controllers and objects that could theoretically allow you to play the school as an actual school, or you could just use the school as a set for stories or movies. If you do use it in a story or movie, I'd love to hear from you.
Want this to be a community lot?
Change Lot Zoning
If you read nothing else, for the love of all that is holy, please read this:
This is lot is a house
. I can do nothing to make it work like a school for you because the game just doesn't see it as a school. Even if you change it to a community lot, it will still not be a school
. This is not my fault - blame Maxis/EA. If you want to play this lot as a school, leave it as a residential lot and use Inge's hacks from Simlogical here:
Simlogical's forum for Sims 2 is here:
P.S. I am sorry, but I'm not Inge
, and I don't offer support on running a school. Please politely ask questions at the forums on Simlogical for support on using her awesome school hacks.
Custom Content by Me:
- "Cyclone Spirit" Brick Wall Treatment
- "Kertains in Red" - cloned for the base game
- "Almost Lockers" Wall
- Chalkboard1 recolor of "Rainy Day Main Street"
- Chalkboard2 recolor of "Rainy Day Main Street"
Custom Content Included:
- Planet Set by boblishman
- Locker Room Bench by thefuzmixman
- Office set "Cairo" - Office stuff by Solander
- "Independent Expression Set" - Single Door by MaryLou
- Planet Set "Earth" recolor by boblishman
- Soma "Wall-Eye" Large Screen Flat-Panel Television by johnr2000
- Versatile Display Cabinet Small by gromit
- "Boneapart" by gromit
- Basic School/Office Wall clock by Time of Your Life Inc., by boblishman
- Simger Sewing Machine by Everbeen Stichedup Inc by boblishman
- 50% Tinted Transparent Tile by chcknmn297
- Football Trophy by momma"b"
- Independent Expressions Inc. - Privacy Window by MaryLou
- Independent Expressions Inc. - Standard Window by MaryLou
- Independent Expressions Inc. - Standard Window Double by MaryLou
I owe many thanks to Numenor for his BaseGameStarter Pro
that allowed me to build it without any expansions.
I also want to thank Frillen for his collection of extracted objects
that allowed me to add some fun hidden game objects to decorate the lot.
1/5/08 - Added Requested Unfurnished Version
This has nothing but shrubbery and light fixtures.