This is a featured upload!
It showcases the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
This started rather innocently: "What if I put a community shower under the BV waterfall?" ...and I ended up spending 3 weeks on this.
in 3 different rock textures, found under "plumbing/miscellaneous".
The decorative ferns have two colour options, and one invisible recolour.
- 10 different rocks
in 3 colours, available in build mode, with the shrubs.
These use the repository method so only the one with "MASTER" in the name is recolourable - the others will automatilly use the new textures.
- Sims can use the waterfall to shower of course, with a little fun and comfort bonus;
- Sims whose temperature is above average will have a "cool down" option available, with different animations. While they shower naked, they'll change to swimwear for this and won't get automatically dressed afterwards.
Much to my surprise, they'll sometimes use this option autonomously if they aren't too far from the waterfall... Big mystery, since I tried hard to find how to do that and failed (temperature can't be advertised like other motives); the interaction advertises a little comfort, but sims seem to use it regardless of their comfort level.
- all the clean and maintain interactions were stripped mercilessly, so sims won't attempt stupid things and it doesn't mess with the FT "tinker" stuff.
- all the garden and trimming stuff was also removed from the rocks.
Seems to work fine in Free Time.
HOW TO USE:
The waterfall is a big object (5 tiles by 7) but the footprint is only one tile; I didn't make it this way because I was too lazy to register 35 GUIDs, but for convenience.
The water layer is above the ground level - of course - so it will look silly if you put the object on a flat terrain; you need to first dig a hole like shown in the pic below (this is just an example, you can try different ways):
- the blue tile is where the shower's green tile will be placed, right under the waterfall itself; I lowered it by 4 clicks in the example, 3 clicks will work too.
- the red tile is where the sim will enter and exit, there needs to be a gentle slope to the blue tile so he can walk between both; this tile can still be on a slope.
- then the sides can be smoothed as you want, different heights on the edges will change the pond's shape. Just keep the edges of the water hidden! (Well, and remove the flooring is you used any)
- if the way out is blocked after the "shower" interaction, the sim will go "oops" and change back to everyday where he is - that is, in the water...
- since the waterfall and rocks all have 1 tile footprints, sims will walk through parts of them if they aren't blocked by other decoration or invisible fences.
Waterfall shower - faces 2803; vertices 3136
rock1 - faces 156; vertices 114
rock2 - faces 510; vertices 307
rock3 - faces 1240; vertices 998
rock4 - faces 90; vertices 64
rock5 - faces 509; vertices 309
rock6 - faces 90; vertices 64
rock7 - faces 156; vertices 114
rock8 - faces 156; vertices 114
rock9 - faces 1240; vertices 998
rock10 - faces 173; vertices 134
Thanks : to Numenor, Echo and Jasana Bugbreeder for their precious tutorials and explanations, to Quaxi and Peter Jones for SimPE
and the behaviour editor, to my dear Beosboxboy and Miss Doh for beta-testing.