Seeing Spots - Recolors of Dragon Slave's Basic Horse
This is my first upload to MTS and I thought what better than some recolors of Dragon Slave's awesome basic horse mesh (it really is lovely, isn't it?). I have recolored it before and I have found it's a really rewarding practice. I'm very happy to share these two appaloosas with you; I think they turned out quite nicely!
-Blood Bay Appaloosa-
The base for this coat recolor was made by DS (the blood bay color). I searched for appaloosa recolors via google and found a horse that looked something sort of like this:
So I drew on the white portions with the spots to try and recreate him.
Funny title, but they really do resemble Dalmatians. I thought maybe the mane should be black, but after finding images of horses like this one, 90% of them had solid white manes:
-Both recolors shown together-
-Reqs & Whatnot-
(a) I have all Expansion Packs; However, Dragon Slave's mesh is base game compatible, so I don't see why recolors wouldn't be also.
(b) You will need to grab Dragon Slave's basic horse mesh if you don't already have it. There should be a link attached to this post.
(c) I have included a link attached to this post for my "Paint" recolors of this same mesh. Check it out if you're interested
I'm happy to share these with you! I hope you find a good use for them
The Vintage Sim
Dragon Slave at MTS
Fairy Forest (for the additional poses)
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
|AppyRecolorSet.rar||735.7 KB||8,944||16th Oct 2010|
This download requires one or more meshes to work properly. Please check the Description tab for information about the meshes needed, then download them below:
|The Only Horse Your Sims Will Ever Need by Dragon Slave|
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Windows Vista/7/8: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
4. Place in Program Files: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your appropriate Install folder:
- Windows XP: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 (Your Latest EP)\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
- Windows Vista/7/8: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 (Your Latest EP)\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
- Windows Vista/7/8: C:\Program Files(x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 (Your Latest EP)\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
- Origin: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
- Mac: APPLICATIONS FOLDER -> THE SIMS 2 -> TSDATA -> RES -> CATALOG
Need more information?
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR. On Mac, use Stuffit.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Here is a list of some other recolours of the same meshes:
These recolours may or may not be endorsed by thevintagesim.
Users who thanked this download also thanked:
Expansion/Stuff packs required:
21 Comments / replies (Who?)