Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 5th Dec 2010 at 11:09 PM - Updated 4th Dec 2010 at 03:05 PM by *Offc - Viewed 16407 times. Direct link to this thread
3 Comments / replies (Who?) , 7 times favourited , 92 times thanked
So, I've been out for awhile since I had some technical issues but now I'm back with Lana Turner. Through her rich career she was called The Queen of MGM. To me she was not only a stunning woman but a great actress too. And one thing is for shore, being around her was never boring.
So, she was born as a Julia Jean Turner in Wallace, Idaho on February 8th, 1921. Until her film career took off, she was known to family and friends as "Judy". Hard times eventually forced the family to re-locate to San Francisco, where her parents soon separated. Her mother worked as a beautician to support them. After Turner was discovered, her mother became the overseer of Turner's career. Turner's discovery at a Hollywood drug store is a show-business legend. As a sixteen-year-old student at Hollywood High School Turner skipped a typing class and bought a Coke at the Top Hat Cafe located on the southeast corner of Sunset Boulevard and McCadden Place (not Schwab's Pharmacy), where she was spotted by William R. Wilkerson, publisher of The Hollywood Reporter. Wilkerson was attracted by her beauty and physique, and referred her to the actor/comedian/talent agent Zeppo Marx. Marx's agency immediately signed her on and introduced her to film director Mervyn LeRoy, who cast her in her first film, They Won't Forget (1937). During her life, she was married 8 times if we don't count that she was married twice for the same man. With Joseph Stephen Crane she had a daughter, Cheryl Crane which was raped at age of 10 by her mothers husband Lex Barker. Also, she stabbed Turner's lover Johnny Stompanato to death. A coroner's inquest brought considerable media attention to Turner and concluded that Crane had acted in self defense. All those happenings almost ruined her career but every time she managed to survive because of enormous talent that she had. Turner made her final television appearance in 1991, and died from throat cancer in 1995.
If you want to read more about her here's the link: http://www.cmgww.com/stars/turner/index.html
The hair is from JustSims 2: http://www.justsims2.ru/index.php?M...erySection=hair
And the clothes are from All About Style: http://www.all-about-style.com/themes_1940's.html
The earrings are made by Liana: www.lianasims2.net/
And the hat is from All About Style:http://www.all-about-style.com/hats_4.html
The dress is from JustSims2: http://www.justsims2.ru/index.php?M...=Designer gowns
The hair is from XMSims: http://www.xmsims.com/sims2/ehtm/hair/hair23.htm
And the hair bow is from PeggyZone: http://www.peggyzone.com/Object.htm..._03_00&member=2 The bow can be found under sims 2 stuff, free, accessories, hair accessories, page 4 - it's the black bow.
Only the first picture showcases how this sim is packaged. Others are just for picturetaking.
Also, I have a permission from Vindicatedmess to use her wonderful skintone. It's her Megan Fox skin.
Custom Content by Me:
- The Queen Of MGM - Lana Turner
Custom Content Included:
- brows by Barcelonista@JustSims2 by JustSims2
- eyes - Barcelonista by Barcelonista
- lipstick by icedmango
- Rensim - Facekit - Eyebags 2 by rensim
- F-IN nose glow by navetsea by navetsea
- F-IN cheek glow by navetsea by navetsea
- by La_Exotique by La_exotique
- Rensim - Facekit - Nose Button by Rensim
- Rensim - Facekit - Nose Sides by Rensim
- Rensim - Facekit - Nose Bulb 2 by Rensim
- Rensim - Blush - Circonflex Anti-Shine by Rensim
- Hollow of the Cheek by A.S.K. by AtomicSpaceKitty
- Just Shadow - Fair - Bruno@MTS2 by Bruno
- thesimssi2 by the simssi2 at MTS2
- EphemeraNose by Anva
- Rensim - Facekit - Teeth, Eyebags, Lashes by Rensim
- LianaSims2 by LianaSims
- byVindicatedmess by Vindicatedmess
- Just Sims2 hair by JustSims2
- FA40uniform_AAS by All About Style
- MESH coat by All About Style
- HatUniform_AAS by All About Style
Thanks to all creators whos CC I've used!
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
This download requires a mesh to work properly. Please check the Overview tab for any descriptions of meshes needed. The mesh is available here:
Note: MTS cannot guarantee any off-site links will be available
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .sims2pack file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Install: Double-click on the .sims2pack file to install its contents to your game. The files will automatically be installed to the proper location(s).
Need more information?
Users who thanked this download also thanked: