When Late Night came out, many players were disappointed that their pre-existing sims couldn't enjoy the features of the EP without either; a) moving to Bridgeport; or b) bulldozing lots in their existing neighbourhood to make room for the LN ones. So, I decided to edit Sunset Valley to add the main LN lots whilst also retaining its suburban feel.
I made a total of 30 changes overall: 9 lots were altered, 5 brand new lots were added, 4 lots were deleted, and 14 new buildings were added to existing lots:
- The lot that held the theatre, bookshop and grocery store has been altered. The theatre and bookshop are still there but I amended the layout of that lot, got rid of the grocery store and replaced it with the spa. Size: 64x32.
- I replaced the normal business building with the business/restaurant building. Size: 32x36.
- I deleted the spa and replaced it with the grocery store. Size: 21x22.
- I deleted the bistro and replaced it with the diner. Size: 16x18.
- I deleted the diner and replaced it with The Grind (nightclub), and made some internal alterations. Size: 30x40.
- I completely deleted the lots which held three houses and the pool on Sunnyside Blvd, and have placed two apartment buildings there; one with one bedroom, the other with three. Because these were done with the world editor tool they won't have a street name. Both sized: 40x30.
- I added a new lot next to the apartments using the world editor tool and built a dive bar there. The internal layout is the same as Waylon's Haunt, but it's smaller (I cut off all the unecessary empty space which took up most of the lot) and the outside has the appearance of an old English pub. Size: 20x20.
- I deleted the lot at 500 Sunnyside Blvd (the one to the south-west which sticks over over the sea) and replaced it with the film studio. Size: 40x40.
- I added subways to the business lot, the science lab, the theatre/shops lot, the military base, the stadium, the film studio, Skyborough Blvd, and Pinochle Point (size of subways added to Skyborough Blvd and Pinochle Point: 10x10.)
- I slightly amended 10 and 20 Summer Hill Court (the giant houses where the Alto's and Landgraab's live) to add the security gates.
- I added four small to medium sized houses on Pinochle Point and smartened up the decor. Sizes: 30x20, 30x30, 30x30, and 30x30.
- Neatened up, and improved, two starter houses on Water Lily Lane. Sizes: 30x40, and 20x30.
- I added the Langraab Brownstone from Bridgeport to Skyborough Blvd. Size: 40x40.
- I added two of my own houses: 1 to Sun Song Avenue (size: 20x30) and 2 to Redwood Pkwy (size: 25x30) - the layouts are exactly the same, but as those houses require EPs that this world does not the decor will be slightly different.
- I neatened up the gym. Size: 32x40.
- This does not affect the original Sunset Valley. This is simply a new save file so it won't show up under your list of installed worlds; it will show up as a new saved game.
- For posts providing info about each lot that was changed please check the comments.
- This was created using a fresh version of Sunset Valley and consequently has all the sims which come with it.
- As I wanted to keep this neighbourhood feeling like Sunset Valley, and not a mini-Bridgeport, there are no lounges, no skyscrapers, and no community lots which have bouncer access.
- I have play-tested it and everything worked fine, however if you come across any problems please let me know so I can fix it.
- This world only requires the base game and the Late Night expansion pack: there is no custom or store content, and no other EPs were used.
This is a multi-part download. Please see the custom installation instructions for how to install this!
I am not a Winrar/7zip/etc. expert so cannot help troubleshoot if you are having issues extracting the files.
Thanks to jonha for creating the Any Game Starter.
And thanks to all the members who gave great feedback in the Creator Feedback Forum: TVRdesigns, Gena1985, Jasumi, VampireSim, jje1000, box3d, and dolldrms1.