This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
You all know what today is, right? It's July 19, my Creator Anniversary! This is the day I take to look back on the past year and reflect on my growth as a creator. In the past year I've earned three more of my stickers
, was responsible for this year's Great Idea's Day pranks, and had an important project
of mine Featured.
I'd like to celebrate that with you all this year by putting out a personal project I'd been working on and off for the last 2 and a half years or so. In my hood Alexander Goth's wedding to Estella DeMeine is the social event of the season. To do it proper, I wanted to give them a lovely church wedding, but I didn't find anything quite like what I had in mind when I looked around MTS. Real cathedrals took decades to build, mine took 2 years. This cathedral (or church as my Aunt informs me that it isn't actually a cathedral unless it is the Seat of a Bishop) was never intended to be uploaded, but because Lee and Q and Dal said I should I am. This is the second version of St. Bestine's Cathedral, the first one
was one I did for my first attempt at a medieval hood, the Kingdom of Elsen. This is a huge difference and a big improvement I think. The St. Bestine Cathedral, or The Cathedral of the Lady in Grey is a large community lot set up to hold your largest weddings. With a tad bit of tweaking, you can hold Baptisms, Confirmations, First Communions, or weekly services there as well.
For the Goth-DeMeine wedding, all of Pleasantview was invited (all the playables at least). They all nicely sat down by family on the proper side of the aisle, groom's was on the left, bride's on the right. I managed to get 80 sims on the lot before I crashed my computer. I don't recommend you try it, but I highly recommend you get Inge's Teleporter Cat
to summon and arrange all your wedding guests. Also, turning Free Will off while you usher your guests to their seats helps out bunches. Just don't forget to unselect all your guests before the happy couple leaves for their honeymoon or you might just crash your lot. Believe me, Alexander and Estella have had more than enough 'rehearsals' to have figured that one out as well.
She watches over us, protecting our children from peril, she is Our Lady, St. Bestine. Keep to the faith, follow the path. Pray the Lady watches over you always.
P.S. Leave a comment, its a party thread!
I had a bit of trouble packaging the CC in this lot, so you are going to have to go out and fetch it yourselves, sorry
Custom Content Required but Not Included:
- Independent Expressions Window Completer Set by MaryLou
- Out Of The Dark Ages - 2 Story Church Style by Moon_Ez
- Perfect Pediment Window Completer Set by Leesester
- Shrubby Shrubs by HystericalParoxysm
- Spiral Stairs right, left, fence, and animation by Marvine
- Open Timber Stairs by Reyn
- MaxisRoofMatch02 Floor by Rapsheba555
- Snapdragon Bouquet by Monique
- Masterfully Medieval Loveseat by Ailias
- Festive Foldy Chairs Non-Festive Edition by Menaceman
- Shiftable OMSP 1 by SilentLucidity
- White Pinegultcher Fence by Numenor
- Tiny Tikes Modular Playpen Fencing and Gate, Sleepy Mat, and Lil' Jailbird Wooden Crib by Phaenoh
- "Gussie" - Toy Mirror for Toddlers by BobL-Numenor
- Toy Drum Kit by Carmilla
- Plush MooMoo Toy by windkeeper
- FunkeyMonkey by MaryLou
- Buyable Maxis Jack-in-the-Box and Firetruck by Ailias
- Formal Sign by Inge Jones
- Short Bunny, Tall Bunny, Toy Bunny, and Koonzilla by lmhwjs
- Pennelle by Top Shelf Toys by Lord Darcy
From Dead Sites:
- Giant Oleander by corvidophile2
- 3-Tile Celebration Party Table by NoFrills
- Baby Bounce Chair and Dangle Monster by EA Store
- Lil' Teddybear by FairyWitch
- Honey Bee Toy Blocks and Xylophone by NoFrills
- Animated Caterpillar Rocker by SnowStorm
Creds to Lee and Q for poking me to upload this
Super big creds to Dal for supplying me with a clean copy of the Goth house when I managed to bug my own. Alexander and Estella's wedding is the event of the season!