Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 3rd Nov 2011 at 04:48 PM - Updated 16th Mar 2013 at 07:40 PM by Moochi : Add links in Related Pages - Viewed 21259 times. Direct link to this thread
10 Comments / replies (Who?) , 20 times favourited , 242 times thanked
This is a replacement for the standard EA material shader for floors. This floor shader provides the following enhanced features:
1) The shader will now recognize the alpha channel for floor edge textures. This means that the floor edge can now be completely invisible, or have partial transparency. For example, this mod now makes it possible to remove the floor edges completely, when combined with Mootilda's Invisible Floor Edge.
2) The original EA floor shader would reduce the brightness of any floor edge texture by half. This meant that it was impossible to create a light-colored floor edge texture. This enhanced floor shader removes that restriction, so that textures will appear as expected. You can see the difference in the "white" floor edge texture at Fairy Forest.
Please note that this mod is not useful without a corresponding floor edge texture. The EA floor edge does not have an alpha channel and will just be unnecessarily brightened. This mod can be used to brighten the floor edge textures from Fairy Forest and Psychosim, and Mootilda has a set of floor edges which fully utilize the new functionality in this mod.
For your convenience, here is a list of known floor edge textures:
There are 3 separate versions of this mod. You should only use one version of this mod:
* Here is a list of the game engines used by the various SPs:
Psychosim for "Default Wall with scale and Floor Edge grey" mod, which inspired us to make this mod:
Quaxi and Peter and Igne Jones, for SimPE, which we used to make this mod:
Numenor, for the AnyGameStarter, which allowed us to test this floor shader with various EP configurations:
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
Need more information?
The creator also recommends you check the following:
Floor Edge Variety Pack: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=459833
Floor Edge grey: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=397679
Floor Edges: http://www.feenwald.com/en/specials...s/flooredge.php
Fences with skirt for wood decks: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=490382
Floor Edge Hiders: http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...php?f=155&t=273
Modern Fences Set (ceiling rim): http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/839602
Users who thanked this download also thanked: