Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 19th Jun 2012 at 03:24 AM - Updated 21st Feb 2013 at 11:09 AM by missyhissy - Viewed 29306 times. Direct link to this thread
60 Comments / replies (Who?) , 34 times favourited , 405 times thanked
For this custom career to show up in game, you'll need Twallan's Careers Mod
Requested by blueshreveport.
20/02/13 ~ Added Polish translation
19/01/13 ~ Added Swedish translation
11/01/13 ~ Added Portuguese translation
17/11/12 - Added Russian translation
07/09/12 - Add New EA Match Icon
28/07/12 - Added German translation
24/07/12 - Added French translation
Russian ~ Thanks kesik!
French ~ Thanks lilyputienne!
German ~ Thanks Swan_Dive!
Portuguese ~ Thanks Giovanna_Pires!
Swedish ~ Thanks Simki!
Polish ~ Thanks Chomiczka!
You only need to download the MissyHissy_AstronomyCareer file. The Language Strings file is for translators.
Only the Base game is needed for this career to work. This was made with 1.33. I don't know if it works with levels below 1.33 but I don't see why it shouldn't. It works with 1.34-1.50.
The career is in English but I'll include instructions on how to translate at the bottom of this post
The career is based at the Science Lab. It has ten levels and focuses mainly on the Handiness and Logic skills and uses the Charisma and Writing skills.
At the moment, there are no uniforms, but you can edit career outfits with 1.31 and above. I may add uniforms at a later date
Again, right now there are no opportunities and at the moment, I'm not planning on adding any, although I may in the future.
There are two custom tones:
Stargaze ~ Boosts logic skill
Record Findings ~ Boosts writing skill
1. Equipment Engineer ~ It doesn’t sound like anything to do with Astronomy but it really is. Without you, nobody can use the telescopes and nobody can use the fancy computer systems. You observe the workings of the telescope and can start to sound like a real Astronomer by using fancy technical terms.
Hours: 8.00am ~ 3.00pm
Days: Mon, Tues, Wed, Thur, Fri
2. Stargazer ~ Something that actually sounds like you’re an Astronomer. Gazing at stars by night sounds easy but it will take its toll on you. Memorise the names of the stars and their positions in the sky and you could be on your way to promotion. If you don’t, you’ll probably be back to trying to sound smart and technical as an Equipment Engineer.
Hours: 9.00pm ~ 3.00am
Days: Mon, Tues, Thur, Fri, Sat
3. Pluto Researcher ~ The world argues about this; Is Pluto a real planet, or is it just a floating rock in space, fooling everyone? Well it now rests on your shoulders to determine the truth about Pluto. Just don’t be offended by the critics who will tear you to pieces when you make your decision. But don’t let that stop you.
Hours: 1.00pm ~ 7.00pm
Days: Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri, Sat
4. Nibiru Analyst ~ Once again, you’re in the middle of a lively discussion but this time, it’s about Nibiru. Does it really exist, or is it just a figment of everyone’s imagination? If it does exist, is it connected to Doomsday or is that pure fiction to spook everyone into thinking the world will end? So many questions, and only one person to answer them.
Hours: 3.00pm ~ 10.00pm
Days: Tues, Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat
5. Galaxy Researcher ~ If you’ve made it this far, you’ve got some determination. So becoming a galaxy researcher shows you’re still determined; or it shows you’re completely insane. But either way, you’re studying the entire galaxy in detail and spending all your spare time gazing at the night sky and researching on the internet.
Hours: 7.00pm ~ 12.00am
Days: Mon, Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat
6. Universe Researcher ~ As if researching the galaxy wasn’t enough, you now want to study the entire universe. Your colleagues probably think you’re mad but you’ve gone past caring. You’re determined to unlock the secrets of the great universe and to make new discoveries so you’ll be remembered for all eternity. Or at least for the next century or so.
Hours: 2.00pm ~ 8.30pm
Days: Mon, Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat
7. SETI Researcher ~ The for Extra Terrestrial Intelligence is on! The world wants to know if we’re the only planet with life on it, or whether there are life forms on other planets and it’s up to you to find out! Keep your eyes peeled for Unidentified Flying Objects and try to convince the world it wasn’t just another aeroplane they saw fly above their houses.
Hours: 10.00am ~ 5.00pm
Days: Tues, Thur, Fri, Sat
8. Astronomy Journalist ~ After dedicating all your working life so far to studying the sky beyond our planet, you feel ready and confident enough to formally record your discoveries. You spend your spare time writing and worshipping your hero Carl Sagan and wondering if one day, you’ll be as famous as he. Probably not, but you just never know.
Hours: 9.00am ~ 3.00pm
Days: Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri
9. Project Head ~ Stunned by your discoveries, you’ve been appointed the head of a top secret project that nobody must hear about (you ignore the fact it was announced in the paper last week). You’ve shown promise in your field and so long as your thoughts are clear and well organised, you’ll prove to the world that you know your stuff. Either that, or you’re still using fancy words to sound smart, in which case you’ll soon be found out.
Hours: 9.00am ~ 2.00pm
Days: Mon, Tues, Wed, Thur
10. Astronomy Professor ~ You’ve spent years and years researching and writing and banging your head against the wall and it’s finally paid off. You’ve published papers and discovered new secrets of the universe and shared them with the world. Now you can share your knowledge by teaching astronomy to those who share your fascination and enthusiasm for the unknown. Of course, keep up your research; you never know when you’ll discover something completely unexpected! Go get ‘em, tiger!
Hours: 9.00am ~ 5.00pm
Days: Mon, Wed, Fri
I've included the Language Strings for those of you wanting to translate into other languages.
To translate, download the Language_Strings file and open it up in Notepad.
<STR>Translate This Text<STR>
Do that for the entire file.
I'll be happy to include translations but I'm not fluent enough in any other languages, so any help would most definitely be appreciated If you send me the translated file, I can include it
I've fully tested this and it works for me, but if you do have any issues, please don't hesitate to let me know
Creon for his tutorial on creating custom careers
ThomasRiordan for his assistance with the STBL strings
Blueshreveport for requesting the career and assisting with the career levels.
The creators of
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
This is a Custom Career
This download is a custom career. This means that you will need the NRaas Careers mod installed in order to use the download in your game.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
See: Game Help:TS3 CC Basicswiki for a full guide!
Users who thanked this download also thanked: