If you're not already aware, broken spots in the routing is what causes Freezes and Lags in your game, as explained in Game Help:Intermittent Freezeswiki
FAQ. To permanently solve this, the routing need to be repainted over in Create-A-World. This is the result of that exercise. You can find the full guide on how to use this in Game Help:World Routing Lagswiki
So, here is the Moonlight Falls.world file with the FIXED Resources imported, for people who don't want to mess with their files in S3PE.
Please read this download thread Resources for Moonlight Falls.world's various Fixes
for the stuff that has been done. It might even be worthwhile to take the time to read the Comments of that thread, especially if you encounter issues, just so you can check if it has been discussed and addressed before.
Heed that backup
instructions in Game Help:World Routing Lagswiki
, really! You've been warned!
- Just in case, but not really necessary, as per past experience with EA's patches.
- Go to the path above
- Delete the *.world file. Or if you want to reuse it after patching, rename it with a ".fixed" extension, so the filename becomes "Moonlight Falls.world.fixed"
- Rename the "*.orig" copy by removing the .orig extension (or from whatever you have renamed it to).
- Delete caches before starting game. Game Help:Sims 3 Delete Cache Fileswiki
As always, feedback is welcomed.
Notes & Changelog
As and when I get reports of any issues, or new spots, or patch changes (if any).
- Made while on Patch 1.38. Would most likely be compatible with any patches in the future as well, as EA has never ever modified a .world file in the updates.
- Confirmed Patch 1.39 has no changes for the Moonlight Falls.world file, as predicted.
- The fixes contain 34 modified resources, imported from the other download thread, including the MoonlightFallsRoadIntersections.zip.
- Would conflict with any other download that make changes to the .world file that changed the above named resources.
No multi-parts. Please feedback any issues on this thread as I log in to MTS more often than on Wordpress. This is an experiment; if the account gets flagged for high traffic and exceeds the allowed bandwidth, I have to take it down. So please do download from MTS as a first choice.
Additional Credits: S3PE
and CAW forums here and elsewhere.