Rub-a-Dub Toddler Tub
So in light of TS4's recent news, Simblr is hosting a Toddlers & Pools month - and that seemed like the perfect encouragement to finish one of my zillions of works in progress. Quite a lot of my sims don't have baths, and can't afford one - or simply don't want to totally replumb their bathrooms for the three days of toddlerdom... but toddlers do get so very grumpy when they stink.
There are a bunch of objects out there which raise toddler hygiene - some of them are in the Related Downloads tab - but none of them are quite what I've been wanting: a modern, portable, toddler bath, in which adults can wash small smelly things. So, I made one!
The Rub-A-Dub Toddler Tub costs ยง45, and can be found in Misc -> Kids, Plumbing -> Baths and Bathroom -> Plumbing.
Despite my somewhat misleading catalogue photos (), toddlers can't use the bath on its own - they need to be bathed by an adult, just like in a normal bath. The bath can only be used to wash toddlers!
I cloned Michelle's Bare Toddler Bath to make this, and as the water on Michelle's bath is always there and doesn't fill up, the same is true of the Rub-a-Dub. I have made a few tweaks, though - most noticeably, I got rid of the tap turning animation and the water gush effect. Sims will now route to the tub, spin the toddler into nudity, and get on with washing, as per the gif:
The tub has two subsets: the main bath colour, which comes in five colours, and the decal - there are five decals and a no decal option. You can see them all in the attached pics.
Please note that, in order to make the decal identifiable in the thumbnails, I had to make an icon object. This means that if you just grab the tub out of the catalogue, it won't be recolourable using the swatch tool. If you want to recolour it later, you'll have to pick recolour options in the catalogue. I figure this is still less clicking than having to apply every single decal to the object in order to work out which is which.
Huge thanks to
Michelle for the Bare Bath, and rebecah for the objects Michelle based her bath on.
Jasana_Bugbreeder and MogHughson for their invaluable insights into icon objects and other infuriating things...
The artists whose work I used in the decals: Rana
for the frogs (1, 2, 3); zcool for the space stuff (1, 2) and the marine animals; anonymous TitanUI artist for the fairytale stuff; and sccnn for the animals!
iCad and other simblrs for prodding me to keep going.
And spladoum for getting this totally inappropriate object name into my head back when freaking Generations came out, which has taken up such a powerful residence there that I literally cannot think of anything else to call this (and yes, I do mean literally).
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
|Rub-A-Dub Toddler Tub.7z | Description: Mesh and all recolours||357.4 KB||24,731||14th Jul 2014|
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Windows Vista/7/8: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
4. Place in Program Files: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your appropriate Install folder:
- Windows XP: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 (Your Latest EP)\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
- Windows Vista/7/8: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 (Your Latest EP)\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
- Windows Vista/7/8: C:\Program Files(x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 (Your Latest EP)\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
- Origin: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
- Mac: APPLICATIONS FOLDER -> THE SIMS 2 -> TSDATA -> RES -> CATALOG
Need more information?
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR. On Mac, use Stuffit.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Users who thanked this download also thanked:
Expansion/Stuff packs required:
86 Comments / replies (Who?)
59,892 ViewsAlso recommended:
The Toddler "Bare" Bath by Michelle
New Mesh-Toddler Bath! by feeEssen
Toddler Bath by PC Sims at the Graveyard
Sail Boat Tub by rebecah
Toddler Country Bathroom Set by rebecah
Toddler Sink by Morganthe
Toddler Sink New Mesh by rebecah