In Memory of Georges Wolinski
In Memory of Georges Wolinski
Here's what Google says about this man:
Georges Wolinski was a French cartoonist and comics writer. He was killed on January 7, 2015, in a terrorist attack on Charlie Hebdo along with other staff.
This Mini Theme-Set contains:
- 5 cute cartoony paintings
- Georges Wolinski himself, as an elder sim
- Some Bodyshop items - greying stubble, a chin mask and more
All the artworks used as textures are by Georges Wolinski, at the exception of one painting based on Cabu's art.
The 5 Cute Cartoony Paintings
EP REQUIRED: Nightlife
- 4 paintings behind 'Pineapple' - Cartoon art by Georges Wolinski
- 1 painting behind 'Two Dogs and An Olive' - Cartoon art by Cabu (co-worker of Wolinski, and another victim of the events in Paris)
It's not much, but you can decorate your sim houses with this! Unfortunately not your real houses...
French text on the first one (Gifle) :
Man in the blue and white striped shirt says Won't you do a little something for me?
Woman responds What about a slap in the face?
French text on the second one (Ouvriere) :
Title says There's nothing too good for the working class.
French text on the third one (Diminue) :
Woman holding the little guy says I hate being belittled!
The woman refers to how Wolinski depicts and treats women in his cartoons. He is... not kind. The little guy in the third painting is Wolinski drawn by himself. He's in many of his own cartoons.
This one is by Cabu
One more picture!
I was not sure about this one since it's a bit kinky. But moderators said yes!
Vous en êtes encore là, vous? means 'Is this where you're still at?', in the sense of someone offering a clear opportunity that another person doesn't take (yet) because they are hesitating or are overly polite.
Georges Wolinski himself, as an elder sim
Because I can revive him at least here.
If you decide to not use the glasses, I suggest you remove my pockets-under-eyes (costume make up) from his face. Glasses sometimes add a shadow around that area, so with glasses it's fine, but without glasses it looks a bit too dark.
Many thanks to the Moderators Karen Lorraine and justJones, and many more thanks to CaliBrat, marka93 and Zarathustra at the Creators Feedback Forum for the help!
If you want him to have the Artist University career, or another cartoon-related or art-related custom career that doesn't suck (like most elder careers do), make Wolinski the sim as an adult, get the job while he is an adult, then you can turn him back to elder age if you prefer (I prefer).
Have fun with the sim.
And with the rest of the stuff.
Everything you see on the sim is included, no mesh or anything else needed,
except maybe for the glasses. Sometimes you pack a sim and accessory meshes just don't follow. From what Google image tells me, Wolinski didn't always wear his glasses, so, it's your call.
Bodyshop goodies - For old and semi-old sims only!
Because maybe they are usable by other sims?
Look at the pictures with chins on them. There's 4 items in that kit:
- His stubble
- His skin condition
- His stubble with the skin condition
- His chin mask
All the stuff available only for sim males, adults and elders. 3 first items are in Stubble, the chin mask is in Costume Make up.
All made by me.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
|BillieLith_InMemoryOfGeorgesWolinski_1MorePainting-Wolinski.zip||112.9 KB||96||18th Feb 2015|
|BillieLith_InMemoryOfGeorgesWolinski_1Painting-Cabu.zip||198.7 KB||88||18th Feb 2015|
|BillieLith_InMemoryOfGeorgesWolinski_3Paintings-Wolinski.zip||257.4 KB||88||18th Feb 2015|
|BillieLith_InMemoryOfGeorgesWolinski_BodyshopKit.zip||1.72 MB||80||18th Feb 2015|
|BillieLith_InMemoryOfGeorgesWolinski_GeorgesWolinski_Sim.zip||7.07 MB||104||18th Feb 2015|
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Windows Vista/7/8: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
4. Place in Program Files: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your appropriate Install folder:
- Windows XP: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 (Your Latest EP)\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
- Windows Vista/7/8: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 (Your Latest EP)\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
- Windows Vista/7/8: C:\Program Files(x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 (Your Latest EP)\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
- Origin: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
- Mac: APPLICATIONS FOLDER -> THE SIMS 2 -> TSDATA -> RES -> CATALOG
Need more information?
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR. On Mac, use Stuffit.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Users who thanked this download also thanked:
Expansion/Stuff packs required:
15 Comments / replies (Who?)
8,347 ViewsAlso recommended:
PAINTINGS, PAINTINGS, PAINTINGS
Looking for something to hang on your walls? Here's all the paintings I did :
1) Wolinski (and Cabu), cartoon art (this set)
2) Bon Jovi
3) Robert Plant
4) Slash and Duff McKagan
5) Axl Rose
6) Alfred Hitchcock