[Neighborhood] | Vacation Destination
for The Sims 2
FI40 - Minor update 2016/07/29
Hi. Please read the yellow part, it's kind of important.
The lots and the island itself have no roads. This means you cannot put new lots down, you cannot move existing lots around in-game, and you shouldn't bin lots, as you won't be able to put them down anywhere. However, you have nearly 40 empty lots at your disposal, and you may rezone them, or resize them using Lot Adjuster. I recommend you use Sim self menu/Walk to Lot command to navigate to lots.
You need to have one in order to see all the lots of the island, given that some of the lots are placed near the very edge of the world. My personal pick is GunMod's Camera Mod 3.1, but you may use any other mod.
Needed to avoid the great amount of lag that could happen on big lots, the waterfall, or in neighborhood view (because of lots of trees).
Custom Content Required
The items on the following list are required in order to play this island.
- Castaway Stories CC Bundle compiled by DJ. (me)
- Cellar - suitable for your shipwrecked/Apocalypsed/medieval sims by Jasana_BugBreeder
- Default Replacement Community & Residential Trash Barrels by Sophie-David
- Designable modular stone stairs, with shape options by marvine
- Mod Stairs (Found, Clean Lumber, Energy Efficient) by devilsrope
- Moi's fence collection: Invisible Meshless TS2-compatibe Fence (...) by niol (note: you only need to download "Moi_FenceInvisibleMeshless-r.rar" from the collection)
- -Open Coals Rotisserie Spit- For Cavemen and Campers Alike! by Phaenoh
- Use Inaccessible Beds by Inge Jones
A BRIEF SUMMARY
I got the idea of creating Felicity Island from the same-named neighborhood from The Sims Castaway Stories. What got me into making this big island is, among many other things, the limited real estate EA provided us with in their Felicity Island.
So, here's mine, with 80 lots in total.
The island has eight districts: The South Village, The Highlands, The Valley Village, The Grasslands, The Aurora Glade, The Hot Springs, The Outlands, and The Jungle.
You can find several different maps of this island and a list of all lot names and positions at the end of the gallery (at the top of this page).
EMPTY LOTS: 36
STARTER HOMES: 4
TOTAL NUMBER OF RESIDENTIAL LOTS: 59
PURPOSEFUL COMMUNITY LOTS: 8
DECORATIVE COMMUNITY LOTS: 11
TOTAL NUMBER OF COMMUNITY LOTS: 21
The images at the top of this page give you an overall idea of what this island is about. You can find more pictures that I took while I was building this island in this thread.
FI40 folder (found in FI40.rar) goes to Documents\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods.
Required CC goes to Documents\The Sims 2\Downloads. Watch out for special installation instructions of modular stairs.
A modded neighborhood camera file (Gunmod's, for example) goes to Documents\The Sims 2\Cameras.
- When traveling by vehicle, the vehicle will just appear on lot instead of driving and pulling over. It will also disappear when traveling off lot. This is due to lots having no roads and vehicle portals being placed on non-flat terrain.
- Saltwater Pools - reported by ApplezNBananaz:
Quote:Originally Posted by ApplezNBananazI went to the Staltwater Pools and the terrain there has made a cluster of sims end up stuck on the edges or in some of the far corners.
This issue happened probably because I forgot to replace the portals once I tweaked the lot's elevation in Lot Adjuster.
ADDITIONAL CUSTOM CONTENT
The required custom content is listed at the top of this page. Do not play this island without the required bits in your Downloads!
There are also things I recommend having alongside the required CC.
Not included, recommended:
- BO - No Birthday and/or College Warnings by BoilingOil (note: version 2 recommended)
- BO - Phones for All by BoilingOil (note: found under Personal Favorites, first post)
- CS Tribal Clothes Without Tribal Tattoos (based on packages found in Tarlia's bundle) by DJ. (me)
- Fixed_CSFelicityIsland_SavedSims by Jawusa
- NoMemoryUneducated (from "Squinge's Mega College Pack" collection by Chaavik) by Squinge
- nowantsatisifyuneducated (from "In Testing:Teens To Young Adult Without Going To College" collection) by Squinge
- No more clothes changing at doorways by MogHughson (note: version C recommended)
- Perfect Plants by twojeffs
- Pond & Sea Water Overhaul (CS water!) by Voeille **
- School's Out Forever! No school, No school Bus! by Carrigon
- (TSR) Tiki Match Livingroom Add-ons 3 - Chess table by simaddict99
- TS3Store Sunlit Tides objects converted to TS2 by Crisps&Kerosene
I think I managed to mention it all. Hope you enjoy.
A very big thanks to our late Mootilda, without whom the Lot Adjuster wouldn't exist today, and without which this roadless neighborhood with unique-looking beaches would not be possible to make.
Thanks to Inge Jones for her Portal Revealer, which was also a much needed tool in making the lots look more natural without roads.
Another big hug and thanks go out to Lauratje86, who's been so thorough in testing the pre-release version of this neighborhood.
Thanks to EA and Maxis, for creating The Sims: Castaway Stories. Without the game, I would not have ever got to know Felicity Island, and I wouldn't become so obsessed with it.
Thanks to Quaxi, Inge Jones, and numerous other contributors who made possible.
Thanks to all of the creators whose content I used in the process of making this island.
Also, thanks to Jawusa, for her heart-warming words she sent my way when the island hasn't even been published yet, and for taking her time to extract the Sims' appearances (and fix them!) from EA's Felicity Island.
Finally, a pat on the back to Prah, who was the person that suggested I posted pictures of this island wayyy back in November '15. If it wasn't for him, this island would have remained for my private use only!
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
|FI40.rar | Description: Neighborhood - No Sims (minor update 2016/07/29)||26.99 MB||2,678||29th Jul 2016|
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Users who thanked this download also thanked:
Expansion/Stuff packs required:
+ 1 SPs
78 Comments / replies (Who?)
44,757 ViewsAlso recommended:
Check out the vacation destination version of this island: Felicity Island (Tropics)
Want to add the original Felicity Island inhabitants, such as Fangaloka Manave, Rainui Heimata and others to this world? Check out Jawusa's extracted fixed CS Sims! Put the packages in SavedSims folder instead of Downloads. Sims are found in CAS in-game, in Sim bin (not the neighborhood Family bin).
Remember how sexy CS water looked like? Voeille made Sims 2 water sexy, too! Check it out here. Make sure you add a 1x1 pool to all non-beach lots!