This is a featured upload!
09 sept 2008
It showcases the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
- Updated the "Complete Collection" archive with the new cabinets published back in January.
20 mar 2008 - UPDATE: Fridge
The Fridge now has the FreeTime options "Serve Platter..." and "Prepare for Contest". The updated fridge is included in the archive "GrandTrianon_Kitchen_Appliances.rar", attached to Post #8
(Click image to enlarge)
07 Jan 2008 - Updated: Cabinets
Fixed a cyclic reset occurring every 18 sim-hours.
06 Jan 2008 - Updated: Fridge
Got rid of the annoying tooltip that appeared when clicking on the fridge).
23 DEC 2007 - HUGE UPDATE!
The long-awaited KITCHEN set
is finally ready! Get it from Post #8
And the is also a bunch of new WINDOWS
in the Architecture set
: see Post #6
LIST OF THE AVAILABLE DOWNLOADS:
Attached to this post, you will find the following files:
If you want to download specific files or parts of the set
- "GrandTrianon_CompleteCollection.rar" (UPD 23dec07): this is a big rar archive containing all the Grand Trianon objects, floors and wallpapers, organized in subfolders. The rar contains also the Floor Mirror (see below) and the TWO versions of the "Poster Desk & Hutch" (see Post #3 for details).
- "GrandTrianon_FloorMirror_(MUST-HAVE).rar" (UPD 23dec07): this archive contains the "Floor Mirror", that is the Repository of all the textures of the entire set. You MUST HAVE this file, otherwise the entire set will flash blue!
(Note: the Floor Mirror is already included in the big "Complete" RAR; but in case you don't want to download the entire set, the Floor Mirror can be downloaded separately).
- "CollectionPackages_(DO-NOT-PUT-IN-DOWNLOADS).rar" (UPD 23dec07): the archive contains the "Collections", that must be installed in (Documents)\EA Games\The Sims 2\Collections, in order to have all the GT objects organized in collections inside the Buy Mode catalog. Even if you don't download the entire set, you can always install all the "collections": the catalog will show only the installed objects.
, instead of the entire set in one big RAR, then you can find the various files in the following posts:
INTRODUCTION TO THE "GRAND TRIANON" SET
Mirrors have been in use since the middle ages but were made of polished metal. It wasn't until the 13th century that they were truly mirrors as we know them, glass with a metallic background. Mirrors have always been a signature of wealth and prestige since...
The original poster style Bed was introduced in the13th century and has been a symbol of wealth and prestige as well.
When we think of mirrors, our first thought is of the famous "Galerie des Glaces" (the Hall of Mirrors) which is located in the "Versailles Palace”.
The palace is not only the home of the "Grand Trianon" and the Hall of Mirrors but also a home to King Louis XIV and Marie Antoinette. It is here you can find one of the most exquisite "Poster Style" beds in the world.
With such inspiration, the “Dream Team” has created for you to enjoy, the "The Grand Trianon Collection" for the Sim's 2 game.
ADDITIONAL AND TECHNICAL INFO
Please read about the Hidden Treasures of the Grand Trianon
in the following post.
Credits: The “Dream Team”
- Expertise: CRES files and Animation.
- Expertise: BHAV and CRES files.
- Expertise: Multi-Objects, Shape and Package Combining.
- Expertise: Colour options, UV Mapping and, Package Structure.
- Expertise: Mesh creating, Project leader.
Note: All members of the "Dream Team" have accomplished a great many things during this project. The above is just their considered "expertise".
Additional Credits and Acknowledgements
: MTS2 founder, Obj Exporter author, Mesh Tool co-author.
: Mesh Tool co-author.
: MilkShape plug-ins.
Our special and hearty 'Thank You!' to:
, for the insight on cloning windows and doors;
, for creation of the GT wallpapers and carpets;
for the great effort she put in the Kitchen set;
for the 'disgustingly dirty' texture of the kitchen counters.
All objects contained in this collection are property of the "Dream Team". These objects should *never* be sold for money, nor put in “free rotation” of any pay site. Anyone can freely recolor them and use them in their lots though credits are needed, at least to the "Dream Team". This is in consideration that the lots can be downloaded free of charge. If a recolor is posted on external sites, a link should be provided to this thread (URL
The tools used to make these objects are in "beta" stage so these objects are considered to beta as well. We have performed extensive testing and present objects we believe are safe for your game as well as resource friendly.