PDA

View Full Version : Making Sets & adding to them?

Kittylynn74
16th Dec 2008, 7:47 AM
I suppose this is an etiquette question more than anything else. Just trying to figure out how to arrange multiple, related Sets.

I made a group of Livingroom Sets a few weeks ago: Green Damask Livingroom Sets (http://linna.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=309354). I am working on making Red, Blue and Neutral Sets to round out a full collection of colors.

My main question is what to do about the wood tones? I made 4 new wood tones as well as Upholstery recolors for the Lap of Luxury sofas (to match 3 of the existing Colonial End Tables and a custom white end table).

I want to reuse the wood-tones I have already created, but if I include them in every recolor, people will end up with 3 or 4 copies of each one. Is it acceptable to refer people to the Green Set for the wood-tones? It would be extra work, but I suppose I could create separate files with just the wood-tones in them for those who don't want the green sets...is that really necessary?

CTherese
16th Dec 2008, 10:08 PM
Being new to object recolours, forgive me if my answer misses some key points.

It's my understanding that these new recolours are using the same 4 wood tones as the Green Damask Sets (which are absolutely gorgeous, btw!). If so, why not include the wood textures as a separate file in the new upload and create a link to your green recolours with a note saying something like, "for more recolours, click here".

If you include the same 4 wood recolours with every new set, they wouldn't create a duplicate set for members. Those who download the sets would get a pop-up saying that this file already exists with the option to overwrite the file.

Hope this makes sense! I'm still not quite awake. ;)