PDA

View Full Version : Loader Gives Black Screen [SOLVED]

Lollirot
24th Nov 2010, 4:00 AM
I see the problem online, when I look but - no way to fix it anywhere. I already updated my GFX Driver - and did a PC restart. . .But it did not help.

My Launcher opens, but when I click Play - my screen goes black, and my cursor turns to a 'loading' status but nothing will happen. No crash or anything.

Could I have somehow installed something for a game other then The Sims 3 Base game . . . and that do this? I would assume it just would not show up in game.

simsample
24th Nov 2010, 4:07 AM
General - Do the Game Problem FAQ
You appear to have not gone through our main Game Help:Game Problem FAQ. Please go through and do the steps on this FAQ, including any others that it links to (for example the Game Help:Game Problem-Problem Custom Content FAQ).

Usually, in the vast majority of cases, actually going through and doing the steps (doing, not just reading) fixes issues - sometimes you may be asked to remove custom content, or to patch - please rest assured that all of our FAQs have been tested by our staff and volunteers and we wouldn't suggest you do something unless it's been known to fix particular issues.

Sounds like it could be a framework problem- try dragging your Documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3 folder to the desktop and trying again.

Lollirot
24th Nov 2010, 4:20 AM
I tried removing CC, most of all the stuff I added right before the issue. But it did nothing. However, moving to my Desktop has fixed the Black Screen issue.

Now a new one. My CC no longer works. D:

potatoehead
24th Nov 2010, 4:24 AM
To clarify, what did you move to the desktop? If it was the Sims 3 folder in Documents or the Mods folder, that would be a pretty sure sign of an incorrectly installed framework.

Lollirot
24th Nov 2010, 4:25 AM
I moved the EA folder from Documents out to Desktop, was that wrong? D:

simsample
24th Nov 2010, 4:36 AM
No, that was what I wanted you to do. What you've proved is that this is a userdata problem- meaning, a problem with the files in your Documents folder and not a problem with your graphics card. If you follow that guide I linked you to, you can work through that to find out exactly which file(s) are causing the problem, and what to do to solve it.

Lollirot
24th Nov 2010, 4:42 AM
Mm that link I had already done everything for. My CC worked fine, til the Black Screen issue. . .And to fix Black Screen I did the move to Desktop thing like suggested and the game would work but the CC did not load after the move. I moved stuff back and will see whats going on now. . .

- Test. -

Now I have Black Screen again.

No, that was what I wanted you to do. What you've proved is that this is a userdata problem- meaning, a problem with the files in your Documents folder and not a problem with your graphics card. If you follow that guide I linked you to, you can work through that to find out exactly which file(s) are causing the problem, and what to do to solve it.

I will go thru it now. - Nod nod. -

There are two files with "Late Night" on them. I believe the site never mentioned needing the expansion so I thought it was just what they called the top.
When I remove all the DL from that site, the game works again. :] I will leave the content of that site off my folder, til I get the expansion in a day or two.

Thank you all for the help, and getting my game rolling again. ~ - Purr -

simsample
24th Nov 2010, 4:59 AM
Well done for fixing it!