PDA

View Full Version : Career reward object and GUID

bootsbrisket
6th Feb 2005, 11:24 PM
Could someone please give me advice on an object I'm working on? I made the lecturn/podium (which is a career reward object) into a spooky altar. Thanks to Carrigon and o_O, reward objects are available as a package you can put in the sims2/collections folder, and they become available in a collections folder in the game. The problem is, they're not like regular buyable objects. If I give the altar a unique GUID, it no longer exists in the collections folder in the game. If I keep the GUID the same, the altar is there but the lecturn (original object) isn't. So my question is, how can I turn a career reward object into a regular buyable object so that I can give it a unique GUID?
Any help would be much appreciated.

Eric
6th Feb 2005, 11:43 PM
Could someone please give me advice on an object I'm working on? I made the lecturn/podium (which is a career reward object) into a spooky altar. Thanks to Carrigon and o_O, reward objects are available as a package you can put in the sims2/collections folder, and they become available in a collections folder in the game. The problem is, they're not like regular buyable objects. If I give the altar a unique GUID, it no longer exists in the collections folder in the game. If I keep the GUID the same, the altar is there but the lecturn (original object) isn't. So my question is, how can I turn a career reward object into a regular buyable object so that I can give it a unique GUID?
Any help would be much appreciated.

in the "Object Data" file, set the following "elements" (please note that this will place the object in "electronics/all")...

0x008E: room sort flags = 0x0080 - 128
0x0090: function sort flags = 0x0008 - 8

if you want it to show in community catalog set the following "element" (again this will place it in electronics i think)...

0x0108: 0x00000108 = 0x0080 - 128

if you dont want it to be in electronics then just open object data file of an object listed in whichever category that you wish to see your object and use the room & function sort flags instead of the 128 and 8 that i listed above.

i hope this is the answer you were looking for?

eric

bootsbrisket
7th Feb 2005, 6:56 AM
Cool, thank you so much! I'll try it right away!

Psion
21st Feb 2005, 3:41 AM
If you have a look in the career tutorial section, the details on how to make a regular object into a career reward are listed there, both in the forum and in the docs.

Sir Ignitus Blowtorch
22nd Feb 2005, 12:25 AM
On the other hand, you could use my one that is already buyable as a base: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=42686

Just download the one you need. Hope this helped!