PDA

View Full Version : where do I post a mod request?

elegant shadow
31st Aug 2011, 4:02 AM
I am just wondering where I would post mods I would like anyone to make me?

I want a Wiccan Sims family. I wanted to ask some one if they could make these, or at least some of them
+ crystal ball (kind of like the one from the first sims game)
+tarot cards (i would like them to be able to function, but they can just be objects)
+ a round wooden table with a pentagram on it for an altar
Or a round table with a pentagram tablet cloth
+small cauldron to sit on the counter on on a table
+small candles for the altar (recolorable? :) )
+old looking broom to hang over doorway or lean on the wall
+ decorative colored jars

I do not really know if this is to much or anything. I do not mean to ask for a lot, If someone could tell me where to get the programs I would do it myself :) :luff:

BenC0722
31st Aug 2011, 5:31 AM
On MTS, you may not post requests. Also, this particular forum is for those who are interested in making their own mods for TS3, and may want some help in achieving that goal.

The skills needed to make the things you have mentioned basically involve meshing, except for CAS (unless you also want custom clothes, which will also involve meshing).

An alternative is to look for appropriate CC that someone else has already made. If you really have trouble finding something, you can try posting here, though I can't promise anything. http://www.modthesims.info/fd.php?f=559

You should also note the sticky thread on the top of that forum, which contains a list of TS3 creators who are actively accepting requests.

On the other hand, if you are really interested in learning how to mesh for yourself (basically, making objects and clothes), then the appropriate forum is called "Meshing." Though before posting there, I would encourage you to look through a few tutorials and try to follow them as best as you can.

I will warn you though. While meshing in and of itself really isn't difficult, it can be somewhat time consuming, especially at first as you are trying to figure out the basics. So you will need some patience in making them.

As for directly answering your question, I'm not able to create those things at this time. I have too much on my plate as it is. Sorry.

I do not really know if this is to much or anything. I do not mean to ask for a lot, If someone could tell me where to get the programs I would do it myself :) :luff:

You can use several programs for meshing. Basically anything capable of creating a 3D model. Many folks seem to like something called Milkshape 3D, with many tutorials centered around the assumption you are using this program. Other programs include Blender (which some folks like), and Wings 3D (another program some folks like, and I even use personally).

To keep things simple, it's best to use Milkshape. The downside to Wings 3D is the fact it doesn't, in any way, directly support creating files suitable for TS3. So you need to import it in MS (short for Milkshape) and then export.