PDA

View Full Version : I have a feeling they're trying to reject my uploads on purpose?

TheWolfBanana
8th Feb 2012, 11:41 PM
I uploaded some eyes I made myself for Sims 2 and I got a PM saying there are changes need to be made. It says my pictures are blurry/crunchy - no they're not, they're in great quality!! It says I need to cut my model's hair because it's covering the eyes - no it's not, the eyes can easily be seen! It's not telling me how it doesn't go with the guidelines.

My pictures are in good quality, and the eyes are not covered! Can somebody tell me why they're doing this? I'm gonna go crazy because I worked hard on those eyes and I'm never ever gonna upload anything to this site if it keeps it up! I'd rather upload to The Sims Resource! And that site runs very slow! HELP?!? :!: :!: :!: :!: :cry: :cry: :cry: :faceslap: :faceslap: :faceslap:

Nysha
9th Feb 2012, 12:22 AM
This forum is for questions regarding fixing problems and bugs with your game. We also have a Creator Issues forum, which you can find under the Create menu, where you can get specific help if there are parts of a changes required PM which you don't understand. You can also, as the PM says, ask questions in the Notes box on the upload thread itself. :)

In this case, the sim's hair is covering about half of her left eye, which is why the hair needs to be changed.
The close-up pictures look very blurry; you can see pixels (a kind of grid) very obviously, which makes it look like you might have taken a small(ish) picture ingame and then made it bigger in photoshop - this will always make your pictures blurry. It also looks like you've resized some of the pictures without keeping "constrain proportions" ticked, so some of the pictures are stretched horizontally. To fix that, take new pictures with the camera zoomed in - so you don't have to resize later.

There is some more specific information, including two links to pages containing tips and instructions on taking fantastic pictures, at the bottom of the main section of the PM. I know it's a lot to read through, but make sure you at least look over the whole thing, since otherwise you might miss useful information. :)

I hope this clears things up. If you still have questions which aren't explained by me, the Creator Guidelines, or the PM you received, the best thing to do is make all the changes you can, then tick the "I'm ready for this to be reviewed" box on the upload, and add any remaining questions you have into the Notes box. If that fails, head over to Creator issues.

Good luck!