PDA

View Full Version : Non User Controlled Sims and Houses

h0sti1e17
13th Mar 2012, 3:02 AM
I want to replace all the pre-made families with ones of my own. But if I keep the homes furnished, I can't afford some of the homes. And in some cases, I don't want to keep the homes furnished. So here is my question.

1-Is there an easy way to increase their money to move them into furnished home? I know about Motherload, and Kaching, but I think I need them in a home first (although I could be wrong).

2-If I leave the home unfurnished, will the non-user controlled Sims furnish it?

3-Or do I just need to custom furnish each home and keep it within budget?

Thanks in advance.

Zokugai
13th Mar 2012, 3:27 AM
Try the cheatcode "freerealestate". You may need "Testingcheatsenabled true" entered first, I don't recall. You can turn TCE back off by replacing true with false.

If they then have too much cash for your tastes, you could then do a "familyfunds (the family's name) (the amount of money you want them to have)". For instance, "familyfunds johnson 2000". That needs to have TCE turned on before you enter it, too. That will set how much actual cash they have on hand.

babele44
13th Mar 2012, 10:37 AM
Just as Zokugai said, using the "freerealestate" cheat while in Edit Town will give those families their home for free, without touching their funds.
And unless you use a mod like AwesomeMod you needn't worry about their bills because they won't have to pay any if you do not play them actively.
And to answer your other question: no, non-controlled Sims won't buy any furnishings on their own.
I wouldn't recommend to leave their houses unfurnished, therefore, they'd need at least the basics, like a functioning kitchen, bathroom and bedroom.

ThomasRiordan
13th Mar 2012, 2:44 PM
You can also start a trash neighborhood. Move your family onto a lot and use Master Controller (http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController) to set up their skills, jobs, celebrity level and finances and then copy them back to the bin, delete the original non-edited family and move the edited one into your real neighborhood. They'll retain everything except for relationships outside of the household and maybe jobs if they're in a career you don't have established in that neighborhood. It gives you a little more control over your neighborhood since you don't start with a bunch of Sims with no skills and no direction in life.