Mod The Sims
Page 1 of 4

Mod The Sims (https://modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Social Groups (https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=546)
-   -   What is your favorite building style? (https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=314437)

GoldenSimmer 11th Jan 2009 4:14 AM

What is your favorite building style?

What types of lots have you always enjoyed building? Personally, I've always enjoyed building beach lots, since I like 5 miles from the coast. Why don't you tell us what you enjoy building, I know everyday enjoys some sort of style.

villageidiot4291 11th Jan 2009 11:56 AM

Quote: Originally posted by GoldenSimmer
What types of lots have you always enjoyed building? Personally, I've always enjoyed building beach lots, since I like 5 miles from the coast. Why don't you tell us what you enjoy building, I know everyday enjoys some sort of style.

I like building Ye Olde Elizabethan Houses with Ye Olde Flagstones. On the inside, though, strangely, everything is middle-of-the-road, modern, neutral and contemporary.

btw - love Pine Cove!

D. Jones

Deluxe Designs 11th Jan 2009 12:50 PM

I love to build modernist housing It is so unique and varied, i love anything like that, i also LOVE landscaping, it the best part of the lot for me

himawara106 11th Jan 2009 1:40 PM

I like building cottages and land houses as well as contemporary styled houses.
And I did some themed lots with custom content I created extra for them. That was much fun.
And for apartments I like the old European or modern style.

Fresh-Prince 11th Jan 2009 2:25 PM

Although, I dont build much, I love to make beach homes too.

GoldenSimmer 11th Jan 2009 2:52 PM

I usually like building any kind of lot, that you know is possible in the sims 2. Rofl. And F-P, don't you mean you like building homes by the shore. XD

Vampire_of_Death 14th Jan 2009 11:06 PM

I love building victorian homes, but I cn never get the facade or porch quite right!

Christine11778 15th Jan 2009 6:25 AM

I like castles therefore I love Victorians because they remind me of little castles. I don't know if anyone notices, but I tend to make a lot of Victorians.

QBUILDERZ 15th Jan 2009 1:21 PM

^ Yeah, i noticed, and they are awesome too! :D

I like building modern...ish homes. Really i don't think my style comes close to anything else but modern. But my favorite style that i can't build all too well is victorian, they look so grand and pretty!

Deluxe Designs 15th Jan 2009 5:12 PM

Yeah just a tad christine

Christine11778 16th Jan 2009 6:36 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Deluxe Designs
Yeah just a tad christine

You think?

leefish 18th Jan 2009 12:17 PM

I like building apartments as in Holland we have a lot of them and I see them everyday. A lot of the apartments are old mansions, so I like a shabby chic style.

Rosehill9991 18th Jan 2009 6:02 PM

I don't know if I like to build in any particular style. Most of my lots seem to be more contempo, despite the style. Usually I'll see something and get interested and try to recreate that look. One thing I know is what I can't make. Cute little victorians which I love, and big castle type lots just don't look right to me if I try them.

Thaila 19th Jan 2009 5:02 PM

Lately, I have enjoyed building apartments as well as starter homes on the smallest lots that can sometimes include quite a lot of landscaping. Particularly with the added challenge of building something affordable for the senior Sims. I have always wanted to build some beach lots, but have never really been able to get them to look right. It'll be a fun project to try and get right for the future.

RubberBoy 20th Jan 2009 1:57 AM

Real places. Preferably English ones

GoldenSimmer 21st Jan 2009 2:51 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Thaila
Lately, I have enjoyed building apartments as well as starter homes on the smallest lots that can sometimes include quite a lot of landscaping. Particularly with the added challenge of building something affordable for the senior Sims. I have always wanted to build some beach lots, but have never really been able to get them to look right. It'll be a fun project to try and get right for the future.

I love apartment lots, I really never play them but I just like the whole atmosphere it creates around the game.

musiquefille 21st Jan 2009 6:47 AM

I really like creating realistic style homes. Usually I base them on real places or floorplans I find. Like many here I love Victorian style homes. I also really love traditional Japanese architecture, but I find it hard to get it into the game just right. I have made several attempts that I'm happy with, but some of my favorite aspects are a bit harder to have actually work in the game.

xbxbeckyxbx 30th Jan 2009 5:33 PM

I love to build modern homes and mediterranean ones too, I just love the look of them all x] I don't like to build really big homes though, I like them small and functional so they don't cost too much.

Alessio^89^ 31st Jan 2009 10:12 AM

I love the American house style... like this

StynkerBell 1st Feb 2009 8:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Alessio^89^
I love the American house style... like this

That's a great house!

I like to build all types of homes. I tend to stick to the "starter" houses, the little ones. Probably b/c my sister is always asking me to build her a house, since she thinks she can't! But she doesn't like to use any cheats so she has to buy "cheap".

I have not yet tackled the beach building..yet - that's my next project!

I love to get ideas here!

stoffelsim 6th Feb 2009 5:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by himawara106
I like building cottages and land houses as well as contemporary styled houses.
And I did some themed lots with custom content I created extra for them. That was much fun.
And for apartments I like the old European or modern style.

I like old European style houses, too and despite the 'french' style I love victorians and other old English architecture styles like georgian very much, but I find it hard to build good victorians, especially without custom content -btw- I love your 4 starters set Christine, it's so nice :lovestruc

GuardStud08 7th Feb 2009 2:23 PM

Hello everyone. I'm not a advanced Sims 2 house designer but I think I'm pretty good. I love to build medium sized Residental lots. Usually 2 bedrooms 1.5 baths, and a big kitchen. My fave room has to be the kitchen. I just love decorating it. I may have only one uploaded lot but I am making more. I've just been really busy, reason for delay.

QBUILDERZ 7th Feb 2009 2:53 PM

Kitchens are my favorite along with lving rooms, too. Hey stoffelsim! I have been watching your "rue de la promenade and fleurs" for a while now! So happy for you that you got a feature!

tree4me 14th Feb 2009 6:33 AM

I just like building typical houses that you would see everyday, nothing fancy or anything.

Jasiek123 17th Feb 2009 11:41 PM

Classical. I don't like modern, antique and smth like that very much. I prefer classic and wooden *_*. Dark wood is my love xd