Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Apr 2020 at 4:27 AM
Default Question about pregnancy buffs and the replacement thereof
I'm trying to create a new trait for 100 Baby Challengers, which would equalize a lot of the ups and downs of parenthood due to them being the norm for this Sim. One of the things I want to do is turn the Happy pregnancy buffs into Fine ones, similar to how Sims that Hate Children become Tense. Is pregnancy controlled by the buffs as I suspect they are, and if so, does Mod Constructor support replacing them without messing the system up?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 7th Apr 2020 at 7:54 AM Last edited by Iced Cream : 15th Apr 2020 at 9:55 PM.
Pregnancy is controlled by an invisible stat commodity_Pregnancy which is given to a sim when they become pregnant. It starts at 0 when the pregnancy is started and applies the three pregnancy buffs and the labor buff to the sim as it increases.
The buffs are just visual indicators of the pregnancy's progress and shouldn't be too difficult to replace as long as you include the animation and interaction overrides in your buffs.

The hates children trait overrides the 3 pregnancy buffs with its own buffs with this bit of XML:
Code:
<L n="buff_replacements">
    <U>
      <T n="key">12561<!--Buff: buff_Pregnancy_Trimester1--></T>
      <U n="value">
        <T n="buff_type">97309<!--Buff: buff_Pregnancy_Trimester1_HatesChildren--></T>
      </U>
    </U>
    <U>
      <T n="key">12562<!--Buff: buff_Pregnancy_Trimester2--></T>
      <U n="value">
        <T n="buff_type">97310<!--Buff: buff_Pregnancy_Trimester2_HatesChildren--></T>
      </U>
    </U>
    <U>
      <T n="key">12563<!--Buff: buff_Pregnancy_Trimester3--></T>
      <U n="value">
        <T n="buff_type">97311<!--Buff: buff_Pregnancy_Trimester3_HatesChildren--></T>
      </U>
    </U>
  </L>

Your trait should be able to override the pregnancy buffs by including that bit of tuning and replacing the 3 "buff_type" values with the values of your 3 pregnancy buffs. I suggest you take a look at the tuning of the 3 base pregnancy buffs. I haven't used mod constructor in a while, so I'm not sure if it will support everything you need. You will probably need to do some manual editing of your tuning files.

Just be aware that "fine" buffs will cause the "fine" mood to overpower any other emotions that fail to add up to +2. Even happiness is no match for being fine.
Quick example showing what happens when the default 1st trimester pregnancy buff is changed from happiness to fine:
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 12th Apr 2020 at 5:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Iced Cream
Just be aware that "fine" buffs will cause the "fine" mood to overpower any other emotions that fail to add up to +2. Even happiness is no match for being fine.

You know, that might actually be a bonus. I'm playing the 100 baby challenge too, and having gotten into a groove it's almost too easy to keep my matriarch happy.