Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Oct 2016 at 1:25 AM
Default I made a compilation video of glitches that I ran into.
These are just a bunch of glitches that I ran into while playing The Sims 4. I can pretty much say that TS4 is very buggy. I do have some mods installed but it's still very buggy even without mods.

(This is my 1st time starting a thread on this site.)
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 27th Oct 2016 at 5:21 PM
The most annoying thing must be to being forced to listen to the music for hours
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 27th Oct 2016 at 5:59 PM
That space-time bending, hovering sim glitch is hilarious
Instructor
#4 Old 27th Oct 2016 at 7:30 PM
The load screen music does that alot in my game I always have to restart my game.

You only live once make the most of it..:)
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 28th Oct 2016 at 8:18 AM
Extract? There's a ton of TS4 soundtrack videos on YouTube. Just download them for yourself...
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 28th Oct 2016 at 10:52 AM
Listen it in the backround... idk. I listen to my favourite post rock instrumental albums when I build in TS2 and TS3... though I love to get back to TS2 music from time to time.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 28th Oct 2016 at 12:12 PM
The last 2 are hilarious, i.e. the guy not fighting back and winning just from being awesome lol; and the freaky sim moving while paused.
I thought the loading game music bug have been patched a long time ago, I kept having it constantly in the beginning. Yup, so annoying. Are you missing some patches?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 28th Oct 2016 at 6:41 PM Last edited by Bailey1014 : 28th Oct 2016 at 7:30 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
Are you missing some patches?

Nope, as far as I know I have the latest version. (1.23)
However, this is a compilation video so some parts of the video are from different versions of the game.
You can also kinda tell which version I was playing in if you see the button for the "Day of the Dead" tab in certain parts of the video.
If you see the button for that tab then it's from the latest version.

EDIT: I just found out that version 1.24 came out so I guess I don't have the latest version right now.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 28th Oct 2016 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
That space-time bending, hovering sim glitch is hilarious

Yep, he just kept going around in a circle, lol.
He instantly went back to normal as soon as I unpaused.
Test Subject
#12 Old 28th Oct 2016 at 11:46 PM
Some of these I have experienced too, but...wow. Just wow. XD

- The non fighting winner is hillarious and deep; that has to be my favourite.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 30th Oct 2016 at 11:47 AM
Just before the latest patch came out the game was really super-glitchy. I had the double music too .. had to go all out of the game and get back in.
Then I had the thing with the pause - they did not float slowly like your sim .. but they just continued doing whatever they were doing.
Then the game was so laggy I have never experienced it laggy before. After the new patch .. everything went better it seemed .. but .. still some lag though.
I really hope it will be better soon - wondering what will happen when I install City Living - hopefully it will work ok.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 30th Oct 2016 at 1:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bailey1014
However, this is a compilation video so some parts of the video are from different versions of the game.
That explains it!
BTW the 1.24 patch is probably gonna be patched lol as a lot of ppl are reporting freezes and crashes.
Scholar
#15 Old 30th Oct 2016 at 2:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
Extract? There's a ton of TS4 soundtrack videos on YouTube. Just download them for yourself...

For the best quality music without any generation loss, I recommend extract the raw sound (AUD) straight out the game then use EALayer3.exe to convert to MP3, which is easily done with S4PE.

Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Anyone know how to extract TS4 music and insert it in TS3 or TS2? ...

TS2 already has custom options to replace build music, but TS3 to TS4 or vice versa, in a way it is possible, they both use the same type of AUD files, but replacing them is a different story, I had some success, that if you don't mind your game crashing every 1 out of 5 times, there is still some code/signature in TS3 and TS4 AUD files, no one has yet been completely been able to work out. More trouble than it's worth...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 30th Oct 2016 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zoozeegirl
Just before the latest patch came out the game was really super-glitchy. I had the double music too .. had to go all out of the game and get back in.
Then I had the thing with the pause - they did not float slowly like your sim .. but they just continued doing whatever they were doing.
Then the game was so laggy I have never experienced it laggy before. After the new patch .. everything went better it seemed .. but .. still some lag though.
I really hope it will be better soon - wondering what will happen when I install City Living - hopefully it will work ok.

Yeah, they thankfully patched some annoying bugs.
I don't have any crash issues but my game does have a bit more stutter/lag.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 31st Oct 2016 at 3:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Anyone know how to extract TS4 music and insert it in TS3 or TS2?

TS2 likes .MP3 files. If you can manage to convert your music into that format, just drop the files into your favorite category folder under My Documents > EA Games > The Sims 2 > Music. (I'm not sure what folder that would be if you have the Ultimate Collection.)