Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#26 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 6:12 AM
I had crash when a adult male aged to elder and that borked one of my elder male outfits, it would crash as soon as I tried to go to the window it was on. I had the outfit for some years but the crash somehow must have borked it. Once I found and removed it the problem went away.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 8:12 AM
I would go through the clothing again, and I recommend starting with any defaults you have. Defaults have caused crashing and some glitches in my game. Perhaps just remove those first, if you have any.
Also, I agree with Jo, sometimes a random outfit just gets borked.

Pescado's clothing tool is just a object that enables buying/changing clothes and appearance on a residential lot - it is part of the Director's Cut on MATY.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 1st Sep 2016 at 9:01 PM
thanks for all of your replies and I'm sorry for my late reply, I've been moving. Anyway, my crashing was a one off because my computer was left on all day and also on the sims 2 cas page for 2 hours before I actually made a sim and it crashed. I checked all my clothes and cc but it never crashed again. I tried the cas again, as soon as I turned my computer on and it never crashed. So I guess it was just a random one for now
Mad Poster
#29 Old 2nd Sep 2016 at 9:59 AM
Good news then
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 6:44 PM
Default Windows 10 Was The Problem
Heyy everyone, this is a formal update on my issue and the closing of this thread. After a few weeks of playing with no issues, it started crashing again even when my computer was freshly restarted. I got sick and tired of these problems and figured that it must be windows 10 causing the issue. I've never crashed before on my previous windows 8 & 7 computer even when I had glitches and broken cc. So I decided to buy windows 8.1 pro and completely wipe my computer clean and install it using a flash drive. After hours of backing up my files into an external hard drive and going into the Bios to reset my computer to windows 8.1, I finally did it. I installed all my games and programs back on my now windows 8.1 computer and started playing the sims 2 like how I normally would. I messed around with so many things that had caused my computer to crash before but it didn't. I added the cc that I thought was the problem back into my game and it still didn't crash, lag or glitch. I added new custom content to my organised downloads folder and it still didn't crash, lag or glitch. From doing all of that trial to see if it will crash for the past 2 weeks, I've come to the conclusion that it was windows 10 that caused my game to crash. I'm happy that I've returned back to my beloved windows 8 and never again will I buy a computer that has windows 10 or upgrade. I just want to thank you all for the help and advice on all of the threads that I've opened about my crashing issue, it means a lot and if I have a further issues, I'll know where to come (hopefully not)
Till then I bid you goodbye and I hope to be back uploading again

Mary x :P
Page 2 of 2