Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 4:22 PM
Default Pascal's Pregnancy question
Ok, so, as anyone who's played Strangetown knows, Pascal Curious starts off the game pregnant with an alien child, which he gives birth to on the first day. So, last night, I was playing the Curious household and he gave birth to a daughter. I noticed she looked, well, very Maxis aliens which was weird since I have a Multi-PT mod installed. I checked the family tree and noticed she had no PT father, just Pascal. I theorized that the Multi-PT mod interfered somehow and so I deleted the original pregnancy, did the alien pregnancy again and the new baby came out with a PT in the family tree. So, my question is, is there any chance of corruption associated with the original birth, considering the missing PT?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 4:32 PM
That happened for me as well. I think the default alien impregnator is not supposed to show up in the family tree. The ones in a multi-PT mod do show. That would also be why Pascal's alien baby still looked like a Maxis alien. Pascal is pregnant form the default alien and you need a default replacement to change his genetics. Sometimes multi-PT mods include a default replacement as well, but if not your sims can still end up with the Maxis one as their baby daddy.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 4:43 PM
Quote:
so I deleted the original pregnancy
How did you deleted the original pregnancy?

I hope you did not just delete the baby for that will cause corruption.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
How did you deleted the original pregnancy?

I hope you did not just delete the baby for that will cause corruption.

No, no, nothing like that. Before Pascal could give birth to the original baby, I deleted the pregnancy with the Reproductive Adjuster. It was born twice before, but I didn't save those times
Mad Poster
#5 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 5:37 PM
Then you are ok on the corruption other than if it is the org. Maxis Strangetown hood.
Org. Strangetown is corrupted and most players use "Clean Premade EA/Maxis Neighbourhoods" from http://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Scholar
#6 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 7:29 PM
If I recall, Pascal's pregnancy is set so that only the original PT (or a mod that default-replaces the PT with a single one) will give genetics to the baby -- no amount of multi-PTs will change that. I think if you know your way around SimPE you can repoint the pregnancy token to one of your multi-PTs; else, my suggestion would be to find a singleton PT replacement, let Pascal have his baby, then remove that single replacement PT and put your chosen multi-PT mod in.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 10:57 PM
The parenthood of the baby is set at conception, not birth. Pascal was impregnated in a vanilla game without your multi-PT mod, so the baby has the original PT as the father.

I don't think that a single PT replacement would replace Pascal's baby either, because it would already have been set that the original PT was the father. The only way to change the appearance of that baby would be to put in place default replacement alien skin and/or eyes.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#8 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 1:25 AM
Removing PTs is corruption-inducing unless you do it right, so just exchanging for a new one isn't a great idea unless you know what you are doing.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 9:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Soapsim1
...I think the default alien impregnator is not supposed to show up in the family tree. The ones in a multi-PT mod do show.

I have no alien/PT related mods. I never played them either, but I felt like it..for some reasons.
My male sim just gave birth to a cute green one, after of course, being abducted..and looking in her family tree, she has my sim listed as her parent, along with the Pollination Technician from the game. So 2 parents.
Unless I did not understand you right, I don't know why you said it is not supposed to show..?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Field Researcher
#11 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 12:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
The parenthood of the baby is set at conception, not birth. Pascal was impregnated in a vanilla game without your multi-PT mod, so the baby has the original PT as the father.

I don't think that a single PT replacement would replace Pascal's baby either, because it would already have been set that the original PT was the father. The only way to change the appearance of that baby would be to put in place default replacement alien skin and/or eyes.

Parenthood is set at conception, yes, but the genetics of the baby are created at birth. So if you replace the default PT with another one, the game will use the facial structure of the replacement for the baby.

Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I have no alien/PT related mods. I never played them either, but I felt like it..for some reasons.
My male sim just gave birth to a cute green one, after of course, being abducted..and looking in her family tree, she has my sim listed as her parent, along with the Pollination Technician from the game. So 2 parents.
Unless I did not understand you right, I don't know why you said it is not supposed to show..?

Hmm, that's odd. Pascal and Vidcund as well ended up with the default PT as the parent and for neither of the kids the alien shows up in the family tree. Nervous and Lazlo each got one of the multi-PT mod and those aliens do show in the family tree. I have no clue what is supposed to be correct then.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 2:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Soapsim1
Parenthood is set at conception, yes, but the genetics of the baby are created at birth. So if you replace the default PT with another one, the game will use the facial structure of the replacement for the baby.

Huh, OK, I didn't realise that. So in the same way, then, if you had a female sim impregnated by her husband and then the husband had plastic surgery during the pregnancy which was made genetic, the baby would look like the husband's new face rather than the old one?

I suppose that makes sense, since the baby can get different genetics if you reload the birth.

Field Researcher
#13 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 3:36 PM
I think whether the PT shows up in the famile tree or not may depend on which EPs you have. I remember installing a new EP way back (OFB-ish?), and being confused because suddenly the alien kids of two different families no longer registered as related to each other. And then later that changed back to PT being in the tree again. But since this is all based on my memory of what happened years ago, I couldn't swear to it.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 7:48 PM
Oh, I might be able to check, I have a Nightlife install and a full install. I'll let you know if I get around to it.

Mad Poster
#15 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 11:05 PM
Ok..well, I have everything Sims 2 + Store edition.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Field Researcher
#16 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 10:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Huh, OK, I didn't realise that. So in the same way, then, if you had a female sim impregnated by her husband and then the husband had plastic surgery during the pregnancy which was made genetic, the baby would look like the husband's new face rather than the old one?

I suppose that makes sense, since the baby can get different genetics if you reload the birth.

As long as you set the husband's genetics to the changes that should work, yes.

Quote: Originally posted by Felicia1066
I think whether the PT shows up in the famile tree or not may depend on which EPs you have. I remember installing a new EP way back (OFB-ish?), and being confused because suddenly the alien kids of two different families no longer registered as related to each other. And then later that changed back to PT being in the tree again. But since this is all based on my memory of what happened years ago, I couldn't swear to it.

I've been playing Strangetown with all expansions except Free Time, so I doubt it has anything to do with that.
Alchemist
#17 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 11:43 AM
Then you are ok on the corruption other than if it is the org. Maxis Strangetown hood.
Org. Strangetown is corrupted and most players use "Clean Premade EA/Maxis Neighbourhoods" from http://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html

I'm playing on EA's Strangetown because the one made by Tarla has no townies .. or that's what I've heard
Mad Poster
#18 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 2:44 PM
@ZenGarden Tarla's clean and fixed main hoods still have all the org. townies that came with the game, she fixed all the memories and reattach there families trees along with fixing all the DNA that was broken.

According to Talia's site, and the download post for the clean and fixed main 'hoods, only townies that had relationships with playables/owned businesses are included - most are not. This is the case for all of her main 'hoods, with the exception of Pleasantview.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 4:27 PM
Well blow me down I thought it had all of them. Oh well learn something new every day.

Alchemist
#20 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 9:29 PM
Yeah, and that is pretty much everyone wiped out since playables pretty much only have relations with other playables and I can't play The Sims without townies - they make the community lots and the whole The Sims world feeling alive.
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 4:03 PM
Same thing happened to me and I was wondering the same thing. No worries though as others have stated, seem it's just set up to do that with pascal where he starts out already alien pregnant. I got his brother Vidcund alien abducted and he gave birth to blonde twin alien boys (I've since deleted the town though) so the Multi-PT mods worked just fine, just the way it goes with Pascal I guess.

My Simblr
He/They
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#22 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 6:21 PM
Well, it shouldn't be an issue with townies. Unless you have the no-respawn hacks, the game will just make you new townies when you play.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc