Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 6:58 PM
Default Is there a mod were you can change hair?
I got a child but her hair is ugly. Now I want to change it.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Jan 2015 at 1:32 AM
You'd have to change the whole head. Sims Wardrobe has a program called Sims Metamorphoser under programs. I can't seem to get it to run on my newer computers and it requires some extra programs. If you can get it going, that's your answer, if not, then I suggest creating a family that includes your desired child, then going to your lot and, using the move-in fern from Simlogical to move in the desired child. You can also use the fern to remove the unwanted child and to turn the rest of the family (that you created with the child) into townies. You may need to move them into your household first, before you make them townies. If you don't want to use mods, let your child go to military school (keep him home until his grades tank) and then try again with a new child. Your Sims will have no memory of children that have left the nest.

There's also a trick or two you can use to avoid this situation in the future:

*Some of the head files can be pulled from the gamedata/skins folder so that they never show up in the game. Skin files use three parts, the painted image and two that give it shape and assign it (a cmx file and an x-skin file), you can find all three easily by searching the number in your folder. If the mesh uses more than one image, then only remove the painted file. If there's only one image file, you can remove all three.

*It takes three days for a Sim baby to become a child. Before the event, like a couple of hours before, save your game. When the child emerges, if you don't like the head, exit the game without saving. Go back in and play again, but do something slightly different when you play it. Your game will randomly rotate through the available heads.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
#3 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 1:45 PM Last edited by janawilliamson : 21st Feb 2017 at 7:12 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
You'd have to change the whole head. Sims Wardrobe has a program called Sims Metamorphoser under programs. I can't seem to get it to run on my newer computers and it requires some extra programs. If you can get it going, that's your answer, if not, then I suggest creating a family that includes your desired child, then going to your lot and, using the move-in fern from Simlogical to move in the desired child. You can also use the fern to remove the unwanted child and to turn the rest of the family (that you created with the child) into townies. You may need to move them into your household first, before you make them townies. If you don't want to use mods, let your child go to military school (keep him home until his grades tank) and then try again with a new child. Your Sims will have no memory of children that have left the nest.

There's also a trick or two you can use to avoid this situation in the future:

*Some of the head files can be pulled from the gamedata/skins folder so that they never show up in the game. Skin files use three parts, the painted image and two that give it shape and assign it (a cmx file and an x-skin file), you can find all three easily by searching the number in your folder. If the mesh uses more than one image, then only remove the painted file. If there's only one image file, you can remove all three.

*It takes three days for a Sim baby to become a child. Before the event, like a couple of hours before, save your game. When the child emerges, if you don't like the head, exit the game without saving. Go back in and play again, but do something slightly different when you play it. Your game will randomly rotate through the available heads.

A very helpful answer I appreciate your endeavor

Article Rewriter Tool
Field Researcher
#4 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 11:04 PM
Sims 1 is so limited for choosing heads and bodies, haha! There was an unofficial expansion pack that would allow you to create a head based on whoever you want from taking webcam photo. (Correct me if I am wrong).
Field Researcher
#5 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by XxCTxX
Sims 1 is so limited for choosing heads and bodies, haha! There was an unofficial expansion pack that would allow you to create a head based on whoever you want from taking webcam photo. (Correct me if I am wrong).

Aha, do you mean The Sims Creator? That's still available with the deluxe edition (I'm not sure on triple deluxe). I can give anyone a link if they'd like it.

lemonade