Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
#51 Old 8th May 2015 at 7:55 PM
You can put them in magnolia promenade. Just because those lots start as retail doesn't mean you can't change them to anything else.
Advertisement
Instructor
#52 Old 8th May 2015 at 9:01 PM
I put my schools in magnolia promenade, they worked fine
Alchemist
#53 Old 9th May 2015 at 8:35 AM
Why do I have the feeling EA will try to shut this down? Because they are gonna want to make money on a thing this big
Instructor
#54 Old 9th May 2015 at 1:09 PM
I doubt they will try and shut it down. They've never done that before. Maybe they will catch on and make something similar in an upcoming expansion, maybe something like Generations.
Scholar
#55 Old 9th May 2015 at 3:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by itsamariokart
I doubt they will try and shut it down. They've never done that before. Maybe they will catch on and make something similar in an upcoming expansion, maybe something like Generations.

Yeah, and epically fail at it while doing so...

It's kinda sad on EA's part that a modder - who is not getting paid big EA bucks - can produce something brilliant, and EA themselves can't. 'Cos, y'know - it might have been 'too hard' to implement or program. In other words, they couldn't be bothered. They'll just wait for a modder to do all the hard work, then come along to pick apart the mod themselves and release something similar for a profit....

Anyway, I have the mod - and it's very interesting so far. I have not played around with the kids yet; I'm more interested in playing Teens but I think Zerbu mentioned that Teen stuff wasn't done yet? I'm not sure... But I did try it out; made an empty lot a High School and took a test teen to it once school started, and all the other teens in my neighbourhood showed up - I don't have the student generator part of the mod. It was nice seeing them interact with each other on that empty lot, which got me thinking - I wonder if there's a way of having teen only or kid only venues using this method somehow? Like a hangout or youth club type of thing... Anyway, it's a very cool mod and I look forward to more updates

...Titanium white...
Field Researcher
#56 Old 11th May 2015 at 10:29 AM
I've been playing around with this mod a bit and I have sort of mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, I really like the idea of what he's trying to do. It's really, really cool to be able to watch your kid go to school. I really like that there's a social setting where I can take my kids that also gives them a story purpose to be doing all of that skilling up. The field trips are kind of neat too, because it gives a purpose to lots like the library that was really kind of lacking before. From the few days I've played, the elementary school seems to have better balance with the goals than the high school scenario does, and I find it really hard for my teens to get their goals done in the short period of the school day. Which really wouldn't bother me so much, I not really a goal oriented player, but it do like it when I can get at least half of their stuff done while still spending the other half of the day screwing off and doing story stuff. So it seems like the mod could really use some fine tuning - which to be fair, is totally expected in a super ambitious project like this.

I think the biggest drawback is how many freaking townies this mod generates. My town's population went from 170 to 325! And all of the households generated are single moms with two kids and two teens or single moms with two teens. I haven't noticed any performance issues other than it takes a while for the unplayed household tab of manage households to load, but it's really overwhelming to someone like me who likes to keep tight control of her townie population and edits them obsessively so they fit in with what I want my town to be. A smaller problem is how the kids are instantly drawn to any computers on the lot. I had to delete most of them to get them to anything else but be on the damned computers all day. This might be fixable though, because I thought I read somewhere that there's a mod that makes the computers less attractive. I'm going to have to go see if I can hunt it down.

Anyway, I think it's really awesome that someone made this. I'm not sure yet if it's for me, but I think I'm going to keep messing with it for a few more days to see if I want to keep it.
Scholar
#57 Old 11th May 2015 at 6:41 PM
Default There is an update.
Quote: Originally posted by Silly Merricat
I've been playing around with this mod a bit and I have sort of mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, I really like the idea of what he's trying to do. It's really, really cool to be able to watch your kid go to school. I really like that there's a social setting where I can take my kids that also gives them a story purpose to be doing all of that skilling up. The field trips are kind of neat too, because it gives a purpose to lots like the library that was really kind of lacking before. From the few days I've played, the elementary school seems to have better balance with the goals than the high school scenario does, and I find it really hard for my teens to get their goals done in the short period of the school day. Which really wouldn't bother me so much, I not really a goal oriented player, but it do like it when I can get at least half of their stuff done while still spending the other half of the day screwing off and doing story stuff. So it seems like the mod could really use some fine tuning - which to be fair, is totally expected in a super ambitious project like this.

I think the biggest drawback is how many freaking townies this mod generates. My town's population went from 170 to 325! And all of the households generated are single moms with two kids and two teens or single moms with two teens. I haven't noticed any performance issues other than it takes a while for the unplayed household tab of manage households to load, but it's really overwhelming to someone like me who likes to keep tight control of her townie population and edits them obsessively so they fit in with what I want my town to be. A smaller problem is how the kids are instantly drawn to any computers on the lot. I had to delete most of them to get them to anything else but be on the damned computers all day. This might be fixable though, because I thought I read somewhere that there's a mod that makes the computers less attractive. I'm going to have to go see if I can hunt it down.

Anyway, I think it's really awesome that someone made this. I'm not sure yet if it's for me, but I think I'm going to keep messing with it for a few more days to see if I want to keep it.

There is an update, or if you have it already there is an option to remove the pack called student generator. If you take this out, then the game will only use the neighborhood teens. In my game it didn't even bring in townies at all, but I play multiple houses and I have a lot of played teens. I like the mod as it is, and I don't really worry about completing the goals. It doesn't affect anything. The mod does not touch the core programing so your teens grades are not dependent on it.
Field Researcher
#58 Old 11th May 2015 at 6:48 PM
Oh thank god. I just fired up my game again and had a population of 456 sims! Which... made me sort of morbidly curious about how many it would spawn and how many the game could handle, before I chickened out and shut it down. So yeah, I'm definitely going to have to figure out how to update it or remove the student generator, because it's gotten out of control.
Forum Resident
#59 Old 14th May 2015 at 3:14 PM
Can someone who is actively playing an elementary school with this mod kindly please recommend an elementary school for me to download?

Here at MTS since 2008; avid S2 player/blogger; didn't care for S3; bought and hated SimCity 2013; am choosing to remain upbeat about Sims 4....

My Sims 4 blog: Veil's Utopia House Challenge Blog
Field Researcher
#60 Old 14th May 2015 at 3:39 PM Last edited by Silly Merricat : 14th May 2015 at 3:53 PM.
I use budgie2budgie's Willow Creek Elementary, because I was going for that older school building look:

http://budgie2budgie.tumblr.com/pos...-to-go-with-the

S/he also has some really awesome cc to on their tumblr that is school themed too. I like it so far, although I've only messed with it a bit and just started decorating it. One suggestion though is to cut down the number of computers (unless there's a mod out there that makes them a lot less attractive) or all of the kids just end up on them.

Zerbu has a more modern one that's smaller if that's the style your looking for instead.
Instructor
#61 Old 14th May 2015 at 4:41 PM
Can you have a combined grade school and high school ?

You only live once make the most of it..:)
Field Researcher
#62 Old 14th May 2015 at 7:33 PM
I don't think you can. When you download the mod you also have to download the venue list mod too so you can mark the venue. I'm pretty sure you can't tag a lot as an elementary and a high school at the same time.
Instructor
#63 Old 15th May 2015 at 5:26 PM
I have 2 families with 3 children in each if I follow a child will I see the other 2 at school and the 3 kids from my other family as they are all friends ?

You only live once make the most of it..:)
Scholar
#64 Old 15th May 2015 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eman72
I have 2 families with 3 children in each if I follow a child will I see the other 2 at school and the 3 kids from my other family as they are all friends ?

Yes if you take out the student generator it will use all the Sim children in town, including the siblings. They wander around a lot so you might have to look to find whoever you want to interact with. I love the schools being made, but many of them are so large! I prefer smaller schools and so I have been working on making the one I use for my high school smaller. Otherwise if you don't use the Student Generator, and you don't have many teens of children, it ends up looking quite sparse.
Page 3 of 3