Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th May 2015 at 12:34 AM
Warning about the Pepsi Machine,McDonald's cart and HomeCrafter
I recently got into Sims 1 again,and tried downloading all 3 of these objects. I couldn't download them because Norton Anti Virus informed me all 3 of these downloads contained some sort of dangerous item(I think it was WS something),and deleted the downloads. I thought I would give you all a heads up on this.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 4th May 2015 at 12:50 AM
It depends on where you got them from, but I am fairly sure they are safe and that it is most likely a false positive.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 4th May 2015 at 9:10 PM
Which site were you trying to get them from? They may have been buggy from there.

My antivirus does not object to those items from this site: http://ts1depot.hfguide.net/getcoolstuff_objects.html

or from here: http://www.simechoes.org/simechoes1...ts/objects.html

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th May 2015 at 1:19 PM
I don't know what happened with those 3 downloads,,because I've tried several times from Sim Echoes and TS Depot,and Norton deletes them every time due to the "WS" thing. I don't know why this is because the Hungry Hamster Game and the Stray Away I downloaded from TS1 Depot are perfectly fine.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 5th May 2015 at 8:41 PM Last edited by VerDeTerre : 5th May 2015 at 10:00 PM.
I don't know either, but I'd probably want to play it safe if it were me. I haven't checked, but I wonder if there's anything over at CTO Sims? They seem to have a lot of archived items.
*Edit* I poked around and couldn't find anything. If I find another source, I'll post it here.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
#6 Old 9th May 2015 at 7:10 PM
What is the link you got them from? If you like, I could download them and give it a scan with my anti-virus if you like? A second opinion from another reputable virus scanner might help you?
Test Subject
#7 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 7:30 PM
I would like these. are they safe?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 7:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hellojewby
I would like these. are they safe?

The ones from SimEchoes are safe. Neither of the two anti-virus' I have report anything.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry