Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st May 2016 at 5:47 AM Last edited by Qahne : 21st May 2016 at 7:27 PM.
[WIP - Outfits] Faun/Satyr for TSM
I made this a couple of months back, thought it was amusing that we didn't have any fantasy creatures for TSM, but loads for TS2, so I converted my favourite one! The faun is an outfit available for all professions, and it comes with the horns. I find that making him a drunken bard is in-keeping with the mythology, but you can do whatever you will with him!
  • Fully recolourable: three channels - fur, hooves and horns
  • Bump-mapped - fur and ridges on horns have depth
  • Fat and fit morphs
  • Uses TSM upper body mesh for perfect animations line-up
Get it while it's hot! One note - he will lose the outfit when nude, I've not yet figured out a solution to this.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  Qahne_TSM-amBodyFaun.7z (1.16 MB, 582 downloads) - View custom content

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
If this succeeds, then we will have driven a stake through the metaphorical heart of pudding.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 1st Jul 2016 at 4:46 PM
I don't know if I'm allowed to reply here since no one has done it before ?

I just wanted to thank you a lot for these, as they are really nice in game, and I'm having a lot of fun playing in the Kingdom I've placed them.

Also, do you think it could be possible to have something like this for children ?

Thanks a lot !
Field Researcher
#3 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 2:34 AM
These are wonderful, thank you!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 1:05 AM Last edited by RoryAusten22 : 31st Jul 2016 at 1:26 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Qahne
I made this a couple of months back, thought it was amusing that we didn't have any fantasy creatures for TSM, but loads for TS2, so I converted my favourite one! The faun is an outfit available for all professions, and it comes with the horns. I find that making him a drunken bard is in-keeping with the mythology, but you can do whatever you will with him!
  • Fully recolourable: three channels - fur, hooves and horns
  • Bump-mapped - fur and ridges on horns have depth
  • Fat and fit morphs
  • Uses TSM upper body mesh for perfect animations line-up
Get it while it's hot! One note - he will lose the outfit when nude, I've not yet figured out a solution to this.

I'm having difficulty with how this looks in game. When I'm zoomed in fairly close, it looks great, but when I zoom out it goes away, leaving, from the back, a brown pair of pants and from the front, a nude colored mesh of a female shirt with collar and short skirt. Are my sim quality settings too low? Any help much appreciated.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 7:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoryAusten22
I'm having difficulty with how this looks in game. When I'm zoomed in fairly close, it looks great, but when I zoom out it goes away, leaving, from the back, a brown pair of pants and from the front, a nude colored mesh of a female shirt with collar and short skirt. Are my sim quality settings too low? Any help much appreciated.

Nope, I have the same issue and I have all settings at max.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Aug 2016 at 4:51 AM
Ahh, it seems I forgot to do the LOD meshes! I made this primarily for my own use, and I didn't really expect anyone else to use it, but I'll try to carve out a little time to create some LOD meshes for it this week.

And I'm not sure if I can do it for kids - can you even access the CAS for kids in Medieval? These legs did take quite a bit of work, not sure I want to repeat that for kids, but there are child versions available for TS2 that you can download, and I'd be happy to help you out with converting them yourself if you'd like to give it a go, it's just not a project I really have to time to do alone right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
If this succeeds, then we will have driven a stake through the metaphorical heart of pudding.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Test Subject
#7 Old 3rd Aug 2016 at 12:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Qahne
Ahh, it seems I forgot to do the LOD meshes! I made this primarily for my own use, and I didn't really expect anyone else to use it, but I'll try to carve out a little time to create some LOD meshes for it this week.

And I'm not sure if I can do it for kids - can you even access the CAS for kids in Medieval? These legs did take quite a bit of work, not sure I want to repeat that for kids, but there are child versions available for TS2 that you can download, and I'd be happy to help you out with converting them yourself if you'd like to give it a go, it's just not a project I really have to time to do alone right now.

Hi !

Actually, you can change children's clothing in game through the dressers !
I understand totally that you don't want to do it yourself, and I'd be more than happy to be able to convert them myself, especially if you can guide me a little, as I'm not really experienced with doing things like that.

Thanks again for the adult versions, they're really awesome
Field Researcher
#8 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 3:13 PM
Ah! Finally a chance to see the NPC sims for the animals they truly are! My hero sims can now have their revenge on those NPC's who maltreated them for years, before mods entered their world, that is. Watch out Master Builder, you're first to be turned into a faun, for life! King Xylan Darksword, this is your opportunity to have some justice! Oh, and me, too!

Thanks so much Qahne!

Xeny

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 4:37 PM
[QUOTE=Xeny]Ah! Finally a chance to see the NPC sims for the animals they truly are! My hero sims can now have their revenge on those NPC's who maltreated them for years, before mods entered their world, that is. Watch out Master Builder, you're first to be turned into a faun, for life! King Xylan Darksword, this is your opportunity to have some justice! Oh, and me, too!

Xeny, someone converted a bear costume for TSM and my builder is now made to wear it for life. There's something very satisfying about this.