Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 8:21 PM
Default New Magazine Screen!! :new:

This a new shot from a german magazine, and as you can see, it needs translating. CALLING ALL GERMAN OR GERMAN-SPEAKING SIMMERS!! Your help will be appreciated!! However, it seems that the trams/trains/shuttle buses can be used in game by the concept art! What do you think?

If the image doesn't show, go here: http://simscommunity.net/wp-content...iI0CEAA5TWL.jpg
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 8:23 PM
OK, finally seen a car. I feel better about that but where does the car go? Is it a teleporting object again or does the car get driven from the driveway unto the street?

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Instructor
#3 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 8:26 PM Last edited by Issie : 19th Aug 2013 at 9:13 PM.
That looks like an open neighbourhood to me (or at least partially).

Soul Food and mardi gras for the sims - at least visually decides to move the new sims the American South, including villas and pretty garden blooming. Not without a reason is the new neighbourhood called "Garden District". (translated with google and help of shante090 to make sense).

Love does not consist of two people looking at each other, but of looking together in the right direction. - Antoine de Exupery
Mad Poster
#4 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 8:26 PM
The first picture of a car
I'm really interested about the public transportation and how that will work.
Instructor
#5 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 8:28 PM
Well I can't read German, but "Soul food und Mardi Gras fur die Sims" is pretty clearly "Soul food and Mardi Gras for the Sims" or something similar, and since it then goes "amerikanischen Sudenstaaten" which I'd guess to be approximate to "Southern American state," it looks like our guesses of a New Orleans-type town is correct. Whether or not the Soul Food and Mardi Gras stuff is literal or not, I wouldn't know.

Also, note the foundation, two stories, and friezes (I think that's the right word?) on the house. Either that whole roof stuff doesn't count towards the story count, or we're probably looking at more than three stories for a house.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 8:31 PM
In previous shots, the ceiling was a tad larger than a standard wall, so the friezes could just be attached to the wall or some other form of black magic, idk.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 8:33 PM
i hope you finally get the option to create a driveway for your car, which will leads up to the road. expectations, expections...
Forum Resident
#8 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 8:34 PM
I spy with my little eyes, a few objects recycled from The Sims 3.
Instructor
#9 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 8:34 PM
This image was in GAMES magazine, but was much smaller.

Is that a lake behind the house?
Field Researcher
#10 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 8:35 PM
Playing the sims 2 the other day for the first time in years, I shed a tear when they drove their car out from the driveway and on to the street..
Forum Resident
#11 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 8:36 PM
maybe you can park the car anywhere, or doesn't have to be coloured. you can see the space there for the car to get near the house from the street.

edit: also, we can see again the trolley on the black& white picture. is it possible a city without taxis and have to wait for transportation on a " trolley stop" ?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 8:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vss2eip
This image was in GAMES magazine, but was much smaller.

Is that a lake behind the house?

it seems so.
Alchemist
#13 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 8:48 PM
I'm not digging the shade of green on that grass, but the trees and bushes look nice to me.
Instructor
#14 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 8:50 PM
Plugged it into Google translate because I was impatient.

"Soul food and mardi gras for the sims - at least visually decides to move the new Sims in the South American countries, including beautiful villas and lush gardens. The new neighborhood is not called Garden District."

I may have mis-transcribed some words, and Google translate is obviously flawed, but that gives us a rough idea.
Instructor
#15 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EmotedLlama
Plugged it into Google translate because I was impatient.

"Soul food and mardi gras for the sims - at least visually decides to move the new Sims in the South American countries, including beautiful villas and lush gardens. The new neighborhood is not called Garden District."

I may have mis-transcribed some words, and Google translate is obviously flawed, but that gives us a rough idea.

I guess I missed a bit. :P

Love does not consist of two people looking at each other, but of looking together in the right direction. - Antoine de Exupery
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Issie
That looks like an open neighbourhood to me (or at least partially).

Soul Food and mardi gras for the sims - at least visually decides to move the new sims the American South, including villas and pretty garden blooming. The new neighborhood is not called (google translated up to here).

"Not without a reason is the new neighbourhood called "Garden District" (there's probably a better name for it in English xD).

PS. I don't speak German but that's what I've come up with with the help of a dictionary :-P
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 8:58 PM
There're two sims in front of the house...i hope that means that we CAN have multiple sims, unless the second sim is just their neighbor...i mean, why else would there be a house so big and filled with many rooms if it was only meant for one whole sim? Unless every Sim we meet is single and rich-for-no-reason with a huge mansion and expensive cars despite having an average job lol
Instructor
#18 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shante090
"Not without a reason is the new neighbourhood called "Garden District" (there's probably a better name for it in English xD).

PS. I don't speak German but that's what I've come up with with the help of a dictionary :-P

That certainly makes sense. I edited the post, thanks!

Ohh! I just realised it said "garden district". This could mean open district area of a neighbourhood??

Lab Assistant
#19 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 9:02 PM
there seems to be room for a cardrive/garage right in the middle of the screenshot where the lawn is completely empty and the grass on the sidewalk breaks up... one can dream, right?
Scholar
#20 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 9:08 PM
This neighborhood looks so nice, im ecited ot play it. My only worry is it looks to Upscale and not suburban enough, I dont want al my sims to live in fancy ass houses, I want some to be "average" or poorer. O well.
Also, I think lots and cars will be the exact same concept as ts3. In one of the shots (the overview of the blue house) you can see the lot outline as a thin bright gren line, that stop at the sidewalk. So unless they make a driveway that can magiccaly cross lot lines nad whatever, Im not expecting anything. Cars were pointless in ts3 anyway.
Also, I dont even think that car has opaque windows, so why even bother.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 9:09 PM
If those black-and-white pictures are part of the neighborhood, then my like for TS4 went up a bit.

TS2 Challenge Addict.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 9:17 PM
The black-and-white pics are most likely concept art.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 9:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Night Racer
This neighborhood looks so nice, im ecited ot play it. My only worry is it looks to Upscale and not suburban enough, I dont want al my sims to live in fancy ass houses, I want some to be "average" or poorer. O well.
Also, I think lots and cars will be the exact same concept as ts3. In one of the shots (the overview of the blue house) you can see the lot outline as a thin bright gren line, that stop at the sidewalk. So unless they make a driveway that can magiccaly cross lot lines nad whatever, Im not expecting anything. Cars were pointless in ts3 anyway.

Yeah i noticed that too! In the sims 2, there was a lower class, middle class, then upper class. THEN in the sims 3 it was middle class or upper class (but mainly upper class, almost everybody my sim met was rich ) i hope the sims 4 isnt made up of just rich sims. And hopefully making money won't be so easy this time!
Forum Resident
#24 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 9:18 PM
I think the English name would be closer to "Gardenborough" since borough came up in google's alternative for "bezirk"

Kudaku lari gagah berani~
Instructor
#25 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 9:21 PM
Hasn't anybody noticed non-rectangular lot? Or am I late and you guys knew?
Page 1 of 2