Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

UPDATED! Clutter-Free Hair: Messy Pigtails for the Masses

by Nathia Posted 6th Jul 2012 at 8:14 PM - Updated 29th Jul 2012 at 7:16 AM by Nathia : Updated with additional files.

76 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 34 Feedback Posts, 41 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Interstellar Traveler
THANKS POST
#2 Old 6th Jul 2012 at 8:35 PM
Ooo! Awesome job on your first upload! Thank you! I've always wondered why EA added all of that crap to a nice hair mesh.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 6th Jul 2012 at 9:13 PM
It's actually a cute hairdo without all the hair deco thanks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 6th Jul 2012 at 9:17 PM
aww thanks awesome, hair is great without all the extra "fluff" from store, thanks a million
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 6th Jul 2012 at 9:37 PM
Oh, so cute, and so much better without all the accessories. Thank you!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#6 Old 6th Jul 2012 at 10:31 PM
This is cute as an alternative, and I totally agree with your reasoning behind this creation. I think you did an excellent job.

By the way, have you ever considered de-cluttering the other female hairstyle from that set? I love the bows of the other one, but an alternative to that style would be nice. It would end up looking similar to that Sims 2 Lolita hairstyle by Nouk. If not, it's not a big deal. It doesn't hurt to ask.

Once again, great job!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 6th Jul 2012 at 10:42 PM
Love it! Thanks!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Jul 2012 at 10:48 PM
Default Re: Dolly Darling Hairstyle
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
This is cute as an alternative, and I totally agree with your reasoning behind this creation. I think you did an excellent job.

By the way, have you ever considered de-cluttering the other female hairstyle from that set? I love the bows of the other one, but an alternative to that style would be nice. It would end up looking similar to that Sims 2 Lolita hairstyle by Nouk. If not, it's not a big deal. It doesn't hurt to ask.

Once again, great job!

Actually yes, I've been working on that one as well! I've got the mesh sorted out, but there's some texture distortion I'm working to fix. Once it's been thoroughly spiffed up and tested, I'll submit it for upload, so keep an eye out!

And thank you for the kind words
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#9 Old 6th Jul 2012 at 11:00 PM
No problem! Yay! Thank you!
Test Subject
#10 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 12:08 AM
Dances all around!
Quote:
"but when you've got 12 Sims running around Sunset Valley with identical 'couture' hairstyles, you know something is amiss."

YES YES YES YES YES

Hooray! Thank you! I am going to try my hardest not to give this to every simlady. No promises though.

Greatly looking forward to future uncluttered hairs! Keep up the amazing work!
Field Researcher
#11 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 12:56 AM
Your version does look much better. However, I don't suppose you would make a version without the... knobs, I believe you called them? I just don't think they would look right on adults and elders.

Human beings are a very irrational species. Some of them are even afraid of pickles.
Test Subject
#12 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 2:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by whoden
Your version does look much better. However, I don't suppose you would make a version without the... knobs, I believe you called them? I just don't think they would look right on adults and elders.

I think it looks really cute on adults and elders myself, under the pictures section there is an image of an elder with the hair. But I do agree that a knobless version would be nice, for sims to wear while sleeping and the like.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 2:39 AM
I love you so much right now. <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 3:10 AM
I love this!

And your one model is adorable!
https://thumbs2.modthesims.info/img/...549-Summary.jpg
Is she just some random sim you made? is she up for download?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 3:13 AM
OMG! I love this! it was defiantly one of my favorite hairs! ach! and I can now use it for my sims other than them having a quirky personality. Thank you SO! much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 3:20 AM
Thank you so much! This looks so much better without the ears and barrettes.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 3:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by whoden

A knob-less version is certainly possible, though the textures might be a little rough, as they were not intended to be noticeable under all the other accessories. I suspect these pigtails will always look a little immature, even without the knobs, if only because of the shape.

I will definitely add it to my to-do list and update this post with a knob-free version for those who want it just as soon as I get the chance, so keep an eye on this page!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 4:11 AM
I never realized this hair was so cute. Many thanks!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#19 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 2:23 PM
If possible--I think the hair is even cuter this way! Great idea!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 4:29 PM
Wow, didn't realise how cute the hair would be without all that crap on it!
Tartan McBadgerface
THANKS POST
#21 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 5:46 PM
I was just looking at this today and thinking "This would be cute without the disaster area!" and then I saw that you had removed said area Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 7:31 PM
This hair does not replace any other hair, and does not require the original mesh to work.

Does this mean I can download your version without having bought the original from the EA Store? Sorry, just a bit slow this morning! Thanks...it's a beautiful hairstyle!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 8:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by blue ring boy
This hair does not replace any other hair, and does not require the original mesh to work.

Does this mean I can download your version without having bought the original from the EA Store? Sorry, just a bit slow this morning! Thanks...it's a beautiful hairstyle!

Correct, this hairstyle operates independently of the store hair. You don't need one to get the other, and you can have both in your game at the same time. You can just drop it in your game and it should work!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 10:18 PM
Thank god! Mucho mucho appreciation.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 12:23 AM
I was just wondering yesterday if someone made this..Thanks so much!!!
Page 1 of 4