Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 10:12 PM
Default WCIF: Bigger Bills
Back again~

All the TS4 ranting and raving has me really missing TS2 so I'm back. I'm looking to make my game a bit more challenging since my sims always end up super rich.

Where can I find a mod that can increase the bill amount for my sims?

I'm aware of Cyjon's Bigger Bills mod but I'm not sure if it can be tweaked to be twice a week (as far as I can tell, you receive a bill six days a week if you're on a house lot!).

Are there any other mods out there for increasing the bill amount?

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 10:41 PM
You can always use the Mortgages shrubs to get rid of the extra money, just use the familyfunds cheat to get rid of what they add and you will now get extra payments automatic taken out each day.
http://www.drealm.info/simlogical/s...2_Mortgages.htm

You can also use the moveobject cheat to stack them all in 1 place if you don't want to see to many.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 10:50 PM
Thank you for the response, Marka93!

This isn't what I really had in mind but I might end up using it if there isn't an alternative closer to EA's bills. Thanks for the info!

Was really hoping there was some sort of "Bill amount increase" mod or something. Cyjon's Bigger Bills could be okay if there was an option to adjust the amount of bills in a week.

Mad Poster
#4 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 1:28 PM
Does Cyjon have a forum anywhere that you can ask him about his hacks? There are a couple I'd like to ask about.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 2:07 PM
I use halved wages instead of bigger bills.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#6 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 2:36 PM
I have a custom override of the bills so they are bigger than the default ones (I have set them to 250% of the default bills) but they do not change the billing system at all (twice a week as default).
Never shared them but if you'd interested in such a setting just let me know and I'll upload them here to MTS. Or if you prefer another amount I can make a custom one for you.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amura
I have a custom override of the bills so they are bigger than the default ones (I have set them to 250% of the default bills) but they do not change the billing system at all (twice a week as default).
Never shared them but if you'd interested in such a setting just let me know and I'll upload them here to MTS. Or if you prefer another amount I can make a custom one for you.

This sounds amazing, exactly what I'm looking for!

If I can make a suggestion, could you upload this with separate files for varying percentages, to give people options? Say 50% more expensive, 100% more expensive, 150% more expensive, etc. This sounds right up my alley.

@Charity I have no idea, I think Cyjon's mentioned they don't support these mods but I'll take a look.
Edit: No, Cyjon does not offer any kind of support, or forum for their mods.

@joandsarah77: This sounds interesting, I'll search around! I hadn't thought about doing this.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 11:12 PM
It only affects Maxis careers http://modthesims.info/d/304457 If you want to change a custom career you need to do that in simpe. It's quite easy though, I did this with a social security 'job' and lowered it from $600 to $200. Many of my sims struggle to pay the bills and afford other items using those wages.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#9 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 4:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by siletka
This sounds amazing, exactly what I'm looking for!

If I can make a suggestion, could you upload this with separate files for varying percentages, to give people options? Say 50% more expensive, 100% more expensive, 150% more expensive, etc. This sounds right up my alley.

I'll add a vote for this too. 6 days a week is just too much for me and besides Cyjon says that his mod conflicts with buyable mailboxes because it changes the bills routine and I have a few buyable mailboxes.
Scholar
#10 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 8:45 AM
Sounds like a good idea :D
I'll get to it later today and I'll upload it here to MTS, so hopefully in a few days it'll be an approved download for any of you who want such a thing,
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 11:29 PM
Hooray! Really excited to add this to my game. At last, my sims won't be paying $40 bills and earning $400 a day!

Scholar
#12 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 8:38 AM
Well, I ended up doing 10 different versions, which range from rather cheap to quite expensive, and they are already in the queue.
If everything goes ok, you should have them very soon :D
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 10:39 AM
Wow 1o, I'm going to have to check those out, thanks Amura.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#14 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 11:59 AM
Nice! Let us know when they're accepted.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 2:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Amura
Well, I ended up doing 10 different versions, which range from rather cheap to quite expensive, and they are already in the queue.
If everything goes ok, you should have them very soon :D

Wow, thanks so much! I was hoping for maybe one or two options, but ten? You really went the mile!

I can't wait to get this into my game. >3<

Edit: Here's Amura's download to Custom Bills! REJOICE! \o/ http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=532460

Scholar
#16 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 8:36 AM
I guess so, but when I started working on it I was not sure which other options people would like, and I got carried on xD
First ones are rather close to each others, so you can one and if you still want it harder you can move up to the next one, and the next one, etc.
Last ones are just for people who want it really hard. I'm sure there might be some, or at least I can imagine than if your hood is going thru certain situations they might be useful temporary (a war? a lockout? whatever).

This is my very first experience at sharing one of my mods (I'm rather new at modding and only create very simple things) but this is indeed encouraging ^o^
Mad Poster
#17 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 1:02 PM
Cool, thanks! This looks brilliant, especially with the amount of choices.

Just to clarify. Are the amounts listed per week or per billing session (so twice as much per week)? And are dorm bills the same as normal bills?

Also, you might want to check your spelling.
Scholar
#18 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 1:43 PM
Yes, per billing session.
Those were just examples, so if your Sims are usually getting §160 bills twice a week and you get the 300% mod then they'll get (300% of §160 = ) §480 bills twice a week.

I have just checked, thanks, found one typo. There might be more; English is not my native language and sometimes it's try hard to notice my own mistakes ^^;
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 9:14 AM
I know it's been like five months since the last post, but I wanted to report some stuff.

1) This works flawlessly. Using the 500% variant and it's sadistically awesome. I might even go higher.
2) @Amura has since released a separate "Expensive Bills for Apartments" mod, found here:
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=537689

Scholar
#20 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 8:41 PM
Your poor Sims will end up homeless LOL

I'm really glad people liked my little mods and that they are working as they are meant to
For someone like me (who learnt that the game could be modded at all only one year and a half ago) it's quite a huge success :D

Thank you for all the support <3