Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
One Minute Ninja'd
#126 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 3:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
Why not? Scientists and militia might be interested. And correction, they're space rocks!

Eh, might not be the best idea. Between your salespeople getting abducted and probed, and the chance of attracting meteors to level your carefully constructed store, I might pass on offering those space rocks as display items. Now there's always a good market for Tiberium....................
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#127 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aGOLDENbox
I like Olive Specter's and the purple and black hair in the picture below.

Me too. I have been checking out that hair since the video came out. I am thinking about Aikea Guinea and what she may do with that hair? But yes, the style is lovely by itself.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
#128 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 7:27 PM
I can't express enough how much this world makes me happy. It's great to have something so Gothic, Victorian style and that it doesn't look too cartoonish like the horror content of the movie stuff pack for instance.
But yeah, can't wait for this. I'm already dying of overjoy.
Field Researcher
#129 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 7:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
Why not? Scientists and militia might be interested. And correction, they're space rocks!

Ooo well why didn't you say so, space rocks are a different story altogether I just have this image of myself actually setting up a normal rock shop in reality and wondering why no one is interested in all the bits of rock I've found on my travels
Top Secret Researcher
#130 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 7:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by neon_wild
Ooo well why didn't you say so, space rocks are a different story altogether I just have this image of myself actually setting up a normal rock shop in reality and wondering why no one is interested in all the bits of rock I've found on my travels

As a geologist, I LOVE rock shops! If I see one, I buy.
Field Researcher
#131 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 8:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rian90
As a geologist, I LOVE rock shops! If I see one, I buy.

So you're telling me my rock shop has a chance...? :')
Mad Poster
#132 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 9:09 PM Last edited by RoseCity : 14th Sep 2013 at 12:26 AM.
Midnight Hollow looks like a lot of fun. It might be the first time I don't wait for the world to go on sale .
Field Researcher
#133 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by neon_wild
So you're telling me my rock shop has a chance...? :')

Yep!
Theorist
#134 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 11:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Black Zekrom
Just saw this at SimsVIP

It seems that the venue will be a Toy Store...

So I wonder if the Merry Go Round is actually functional? Is that the venue PC? That's definitely not one of those made with the spring riders.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Mad Poster
#135 Old 14th Sep 2013 at 12:32 AM
I think the Midnight Hollow Voodoo Bundles are separate from the world - you get, for example, 7,900 simpoints plus the 3 items for $60.00.
Field Researcher
#136 Old 14th Sep 2013 at 12:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tangie0906
So I wonder if the Merry Go Round is actually functional? Is that the venue PC? That's definitely not one of those made with the spring riders.

It looks decorative not functional to me, although I would love an actual functioning carousel!
Forum Resident
#137 Old 14th Sep 2013 at 2:12 AM
Carousel looks like spring-riders to me (maybe new spring riders? look kinda like Capricorn). If it were a functional object, I doubt the deck would be octagonal, indicating it was made with a foundation. Still looks pretty though.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#138 Old 14th Sep 2013 at 2:37 AM
The "Merry-Go-Round" is comprised on build tool and spring riders. Same as the on in the park from Generations.

An actual Ride would be lovely for fairs and parks, though.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Theorist
#139 Old 14th Sep 2013 at 3:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
The "Merry-Go-Round" is comprised on build tool and spring riders. Same as the on in the park from Generations.

An actual Ride would be lovely for fairs and parks, though.

Well, that's a bummer.

I think it's a different spring rider, though. The horse one we have in the game now has it's legs pointing forwards and backwards; those horses' legs are curved under them.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Scholar
#140 Old 14th Sep 2013 at 10:29 AM
I've never bought a Store world. Lunar Lakes and Dragon Valley too gimicky, Monte Vista not really my style, Sunlit Tides too bright, Hidden Springs and Aurora Valley too boring and Barnacle Bay...needs not be mentioned. Lucky Palms looked nice but never enough to make me want to spend money on it.

This one I actually want. Open For Business meets a sort of Magic Town crossover with Strange Town? I'm simgasming, to be honest. Granted I hate the Store and everything about it but the world looks damn nice. Better something like this than another generic, cookie cutter Mayberry. Though on the other hand, I can also see the similarities with it to Moonlight Falls, except replace "Supernaturals" with "Angsty hipsters who pretend they're outcasts".

Bates' Motel, mirite?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#141 Old 14th Sep 2013 at 1:14 PM
Looks like that houses from Magic Town. "Alfred B&B", so I guess it's a reference to Psycho.

Mad Poster
#142 Old 14th Sep 2013 at 1:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12
... and Barnacle Bay...needs not be mentioned.

I wonder if I'm the only person who likes it - reminds me of Block Island, RI.
Test Subject
#143 Old 14th Sep 2013 at 3:23 PM
I'm loving the look of this town! Halloween being my favorite Holiday I can see this being Halloween all year long for me!
Scholar
#144 Old 14th Sep 2013 at 3:41 PM
Oh my God, that house from Sims 1. Look how dull it looks compared with Sims 3, but when I was a kid I had so much creativity that this house was so much more.
Top Secret Researcher
#145 Old 14th Sep 2013 at 5:22 PM
This has some features from open for business in it. The outfits look okay but I am unsure if this is good or not.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Alchemist
#146 Old 14th Sep 2013 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12
Better something like this than another generic, cookie cutter Mayberry.

We actually have yet to have a generic cookie-cutter Mayberry type world. Others keep insisting that all we get are Mayberry worlds, but that is not the case. Lately, it's been nothing but anti-Mayberry after anti-Mayberry.

Midnight Hollow
Dragon Valley
Aurora Skies
Monte Vista
Sunlit Tides
Lucky Palms
Lunar Lakes
Hidden Springs
Barnacle Bay

Riverview is probably the closest to being Mayberry and that came out years ago.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#147 Old 14th Sep 2013 at 5:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by juansfalcin
Oh my God, that house from Sims 1. Look how dull it looks compared with Sims 3, but when I was a kid I had so much creativity that this house was so much more.
This was actually my favourite pre-made house. It just needed a bit extending by one tile towards the front and then it was just perfect for me. I think I had used it in three different games, once for a Harry Potter-like wizard, then a couple of dark elves and then some evil witch. The Bonehilda coffin fitted just right between the staircase and the outer wall. Ah, nostalgia!

Quote: Originally posted by RoseCity
I confess, I like Barnacle Bay, too. It used to be my default town for a while and my longest running game is situated there.
Mad Poster
#148 Old 14th Sep 2013 at 5:52 PM
I'm really excited about this, I know excitement is a sure way to get disappointed because it's EA we are talking about but I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that this time the PC will not suck ^_^

For clothe shopping, I doubt we will get that in here, the gold edition lot looked like a toy store. I hope toddlers can use the toys too, not just kids.

I just wish OFB would have been an EP, not a store set but I take what I can. Most likely I will be skipping IF because I was only getting it for the shopping at currently it looks like this is going to be better than what IF comes with. For clothe shopping, I can always update my mod with IF codes after the patch.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#149 Old 14th Sep 2013 at 6:38 PM
A toy store implies that we're getting new toys. I'll throw this around at you guys:

Technically, there's an object that children can use in buy debug that can be played with. They could, maybe, add a few of these for sale. Large, decorative toys? Sure, why not. A big plush bear to chuck in a corner or on a big display. A "Collectible" toy in boxes with a few stencils, to give them impression of it being many of something, for variety. They could add a few a couple of these, for simulated depth. Maybe a new kind of teddy bear to accompany the original. Maybe even have it look like a baby doll. They could bring back a few minor objects to flesh out the purchases, like the pet objects (rocks, bricks), music box, port over some of the widgets animations for new things.

They could even add those display type shelves from OFB, which would alleviate the stress of specific shelving from the original set, if they model them plainly enough.

Being honest, they could do a lot with toys, if they get creative, being it functional or decorative, but we'll probably get a chair, a painting, a sculpture and some other stuff that misses the mark. The entire set could be a great collection of good things, but I believe they'll miss the mark. Like, they always do. ._.

Alchemist
#150 Old 14th Sep 2013 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoseCity

No, Block Island has way more style than Barnacle Bay.
Page 6 of 31