Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 5:14 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Into the Future
Default Can't get mods to work
Hi I have been having trouble getting my mods to work.
I downloaded Sims3 about a year ago, and at that time I used mods all the time.
Then I accidentaly got a couple mods that contradicted each other, and it basically crashed my game.
I had to uninstall and reinstall all my sims stuff, and when I did it didn't give me the mods packages folder
I looked up help someone else had, had the same issue and they were told to create a mods folder and then to put a packages folder inside it.
They said that it worked for them, however I have tried this and it has not worked for me.
I would absoulutely love some help with this as mods made the gameplay so much smoother.
Thank you for your help...
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 12:47 PM
You need a working Resource.cfg file in addition to a Mods and Packages folder. I would suggest removing the ones you have put in and use this:
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...Setup_and_Files
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 6:09 AM
Default Thank you
Thank you so so much, this was absolutely the most helpful and I am once again able to use mods.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 8th Sep 2015 at 1:39 AM
Moving to Help. Please post Help questions in the Help forums, not in Discussion.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.