Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#1676 Old 17th Aug 2013 at 12:08 AM
Anyway, I feel like wishing for weather or more than one re-color of furniture is sort of irrelevant for now.

The hair. THE HAIR. Lego called and wanted their blocks back.

Let's all hold hands and sing kumbaya, and pray that they improve the hair.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1677 Old 17th Aug 2013 at 12:12 AM Last edited by matrix54 : 17th Aug 2013 at 12:24 AM.
I'll be sacrificing an entire school of virgins for the entire game.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Theorist
#1678 Old 17th Aug 2013 at 12:13 AM

IDK about you guys but id rather have block hair than hair that sticks out a good 3 inches from the body and is basically see through.
Test Subject
#1679 Old 17th Aug 2013 at 12:13 AM
Busier lots are what I really want...
Lab Assistant
#1680 Old 17th Aug 2013 at 12:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lovcat
People are speculating about the rocket-like machine.

How many of you would flip out of weather was included in the base game?

In the picture of the bedroom, there's something that looks like a space heater, which could also indicate weather. I'd be elated if weather was in the base game. It would be a big selling point.
Test Subject
#1681 Old 17th Aug 2013 at 12:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KISSESfromCARIE
In the picture of the bedroom, there's something that looks like a space heater, which could also indicate weather. I'd be elated if weather was in the base game. It would be a big selling point.

It would help gain back anyone they've lost because of the graphics. Weather is a very popular aspect.
Theorist
#1682 Old 17th Aug 2013 at 12:22 AM
I wonder if there are any render easter eggs. *looks around* The guy with the UFO on his shirt.. I hope we get aliens in the base game.

EDIT- the space heater actually looked like a fan to me. One of those tower fans.

Forum Resident
#1683 Old 17th Aug 2013 at 12:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KISSESfromCARIE
My first thought was that it looked like an air purifier. But I'd like weather in the base game.
Test Subject
#1684 Old 17th Aug 2013 at 12:24 AM
I wonder if there are any render easter eggs. *looks around* The guy with the UFO on his shirt.. I hope we get aliens in the base game.

Although I've never been too obsessed with the aliens, that would be a good feature. I know a lot of people really like having them.
Field Researcher
#1685 Old 17th Aug 2013 at 12:38 AM
If weather was in the base game I swear I'd never complain again :D.. I'd also pee on my pants a bit

I personally don't mind the hair or the clothes that much..I know that people will create some amazing CC sooner or later
Test Subject
#1686 Old 17th Aug 2013 at 1:04 AM

looks like a city in Germany
Forum Resident
#1687 Old 17th Aug 2013 at 1:10 AM
BTW, can anyone tell if the tower clock matches the clock on the bottom on the screen? Th e23 for the minute hand looks right to me, but the hour hand looks like it's between 12 and 1 to me. But I could be wrong.
Theorist
#1688 Old 17th Aug 2013 at 1:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tzigone
BTW, can anyone tell if the tower clock matches the clock on the bottom on the screen? Th e23 for the minute hand looks right to me, but the hour hand looks like it's between 12 and 1 to me. But I could be wrong.

Looks right to me.

Anyone know where I could buy Games Magazine? I can't find a page for it online. So confused.
Lab Assistant
#1689 Old 17th Aug 2013 at 1:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsFan89

looks like a city in Germany

It reminds me of Veronaville, which was my go-to 'hood in Sims 2. I really like the look of it! I hope we have multiple towns in the base game.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1690 Old 17th Aug 2013 at 1:27 AM
*looks at picture closely*

Another era of ugly ranges. *sigh*

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Test Subject
#1691 Old 17th Aug 2013 at 1:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54

What do you mean by 'ranges'?
Field Researcher
#1692 Old 17th Aug 2013 at 1:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54

I can't believe were in the 4th iteration of this series and we still don't have counter-top stoves and separate ovens

Quote: Originally posted by Simmer2009
What do you mean by 'ranges'?

Stove/Cooker
Test Subject
#1693 Old 17th Aug 2013 at 1:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BubbelsDarling
Stove/Cooker

Ah, ok, thanks. I thought that might've been what they meant but I wasn't sure.
Well, you never know, there might be some other options.
Forum Resident
#1694 Old 17th Aug 2013 at 1:51 AM
You know what would probably help CAS a bunch? Bare bones clothing options available in CAS while the rest of the clothing options would be bought. Most of the clothing is hidden while you create your sim so it won't lag when you accumulate a BUNCH of clothes. Also when you install CC you can go out and buy it instead of taking a trip to the wardrobe.

That's kind of how TS1 was, largely because the ability to have more than one of any piece of clothing was added with an expansion pack.

Quote: Originally posted by QueenJimmyIV
So far, it looks like Sims 3 with Sims 2 hair, Windows 95 UI, scrapped CASt, and an upgraded Sim Social.

Speaking of TS1, that's what the hair looks like to me. Or early, pre-release TS2 hairs. And of course I can't find good illustrative pictures now, but a couple of the most noticeable ones were the base game pigtail braids and the Bella Goth hair, which started out as solid rubbery blocks but by release had little feathery fringey detail added, which I'm sorely hoping will also be the case with the TS4 hair.

Quote: Originally posted by BubbelsDarling
I can't believe were in the 4th iteration of this series and we still don't have counter-top stoves and separate ovens

And speaking of TS1 again, it has a countertop stove in it. Came with the first EP, Livin' Large. No separate oven, though.
Forum Resident
#1695 Old 17th Aug 2013 at 1:52 AM
i wonder what the studio is saying about this whole thread, now that i saw a guru's post a few pages back i feel observed!

i think we are really going to get used to this new UI after a few plays, i only hope for a really really good game if they're taking so many things out.

EDIT: talking about renders..

the first one looks sooo so pretty (sims 3). The second one is what u were talking about? the blocky hair? (sims 2)

Instructor
#1696 Old 17th Aug 2013 at 1:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simmer2009
Ah, ok, thanks. I thought that might've been what they meant but I wasn't sure.
Well, you never know, there might be some other options.

... in the TS4 Store, for only $19!
Test Subject
#1697 Old 17th Aug 2013 at 1:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pelouse
... in the TS4 Store, for only $19!

Unfortunately I can't argue with that.
Theorist
#1698 Old 17th Aug 2013 at 1:59 AM
Honestly, I'm very impressed. I hated S3 sims at first (I grew to accept them, but still don't like them without CC and even then it's really iffy) but the S4 sims look great! They aren't pudding anymore. The hair isn't great but it's an improvement from TS3. CC will come so that's a nonissue. Multitasking sounds wonderful. Emotions will be interesting in conjunction with traits (I think I saw vaguely mentioned that they're still around?)

I understand where they're coming from with Build Mode. I enjoy building sometimes but it takes a loooooonnnnnggg time. Something to speed up the process will make it more enjoyable for me. I love that you can add a foundation after building something. I think it will probably be fine, we don't have very much information about it yet. The article seemed to say that the "easier mode" was in addition to the powerful build tools we already had.

Truly, everything they're saying is hitting the right notes for me. It's EA so they're going to screw some things up majorly, but I like the direction they're headed: the focus is on the sims themselves and their relationships/stories. The only thing I don't like is if CASt is really out. That would be disappointing (though not a deal breaker). It could be true though... look at the hair, no way you can control roots/highlights/tips. Hopefully not. Otherwise, I can't wait to try it. I'm not a TS3 hater but I miss TS2. TS4 looks like it combines the best things from both games. Like I said earlier, EA WILL make mistakes, but at least my first impression is good

Hi I'm Paul!
Forum Resident
#1699 Old 17th Aug 2013 at 2:06 AM
Seriously if they ditched CAST ,they are gonna lose a lot of fans.
We are supposed to go forward not backward!

Check my tumblr:
http://eliasctifler.tumblr.com/
:)
Forum Resident
#1700 Old 17th Aug 2013 at 2:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by missgothika
The second one is what u were talking about? the blocky hair? (sims 2)

Me? I was thinking of the hair they actually put on Bella for the game's release and the gameplay images that were shown as previews (you can also see a lot of them in the backstory screenshots and dead ancestor pictures in the family trees in TS2). The better version of it is visible in this picture, which also features the unimproved version of Cassandra's pigtails. It's hard to make out, but they're also blobbier than the final version.

But still, in the pic you found, you still get that pre-2000 sense of rubber block hair that TS4 is apparently echoing. Of all the admirable things in TS1, hair is not it. :p
Locked thread
Page 68 of 817