Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#201 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 4:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by residenteviloutbreak

If it comes out in Fall like alot of retailers are reporting, they have over a year to do it.

FALL?

But they said Q1.

Advertisement
Test Subject
#202 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 4:36 PM
Like so many, I'm really unsure how I feel. The graphics disappoint me. I know it's supposed to be 'stylised realism' but it does remind me of the Facebook game, unfortunately. Some people will prefer it, I just..don't. It's a simulation of reality, I want to be able to create unique and believable characters, with tiny nuances of features and character, not pudding people. It looks improved from ts3, but at the moment I much prefer my cc-laden ts2. I remember I was so excited for ts3, but it was just so badly executed. It actually made me cry once! So years of trying and frustration and heartbreak and one completely sims-borked laptop later, I've gone back to ts2, and frankly the only thing I miss is the trait system.
I just hope, above all, that it works. That it doesn't crash and freeze and stutter enough to make you want to scream. That it doesn't do ridiculous inexplicable things and force optimistic gamers back to 2005 just so they can play a series they love.

Plus, this might just be me, but is anyone a little creeped out by the emphasis that's being put on torturing your sims? We've all stuck a sim in the pool and deleted the ladder but I think for most of us, it's about a lot more than that. Poison? Harassment at work? Am I the only one side-eyeing hard?
Lab Assistant
#203 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 4:54 PM
Those images might be 3 months old depending on the lead time of the magazine and if EA supplied them early. So things may have changed since then. I'm trying to reserve any judgement until August 20. Otherwise I think my head will implode with all this speculation!
Field Researcher
#204 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pelouse
FALL?

But they said Q1.

Yes, but the game can always get delayed.. there may be some kind of miscommunicaton between EA, us and the retailers.. or the retailers may know something we don't
Instructor
#205 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 5:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pelouse
FALL?

But they said Q1.

Probably it's true...

EA need extra time to redesign the hair...They didn't anticipate it, a lot of outrage because of it.
Mad Poster
#206 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 6:17 PM
I hope wall decorations start out already being shiftable.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Scholar
#207 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gagafanu
I hope this Game wont suck like Sims 3 did!

Stop complaining about sims 3.It's good game just not finished enough and little buggy.
And if someone thinking that sims4 will be really good,they may disappoint.Almost the same team who worked on sims 3 now working on sims4,so don't expect very different.
Mad Poster
#208 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Wait. sims are going to be able to literally die of embarrasment if they pee themselves in public?!

It's an extra death chance added for users of Awesomemod.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Mad Poster
#209 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
It's an extra death chance added for users of Awesomemod.

I can't tell if you're being genuine or sarcastic. Besides, AwesomeMod is TS3 only, nothing to do with TS4.

Instructor
#210 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 6:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nemiga
not finished enough and little buggy.

Remove those two words and you get an accurate idea of why people think the game sucks.
Scholar
#211 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EmotedLlama
Remove those two words and you get an accurate idea of why people think the game sucks.

Every game is buggy.It's impossible to make that game don't have issue at all.The sims 4 also will have bugs.Besides I don't know,am I lucky or something,but my ts3 works almost perfectly,I saw only few bugs.

Other thing.Yes,at some point ts3 looks unfinished but it have many new cool options and interactions too,that we never saw in previous sims series,and that's makes this game unique.

So it's really rude to speak that game is absolutelly trash.It makes me think that for some people ts3 is too difficult."You wanna f*ck the system,but system f*ucks you"-like one gamer say about people,who complain about games because they don't understand how to play
Forum Resident
#212 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 7:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
I can't tell if you're being genuine or sarcastic. Besides, AwesomeMod is TS3 only, nothing to do with TS4.

I think what the poster meant was that if you have AwesomeMod, you already have that death type in TS3. So for those users, it won't be anything new. For the rest of us, though, it will be...

As for TS4... I'm cautiously, reservedly optimistic. (IK,R?) At this point, not stressing about what the finished game will look like; am more excited about the descriptions. We'll see how the demo goes at Gamescom.
Field Researcher
#213 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 8:01 PM
Sims 3 is okay, it's fun and so on, but even to this day, Sims 1 is still my favourite one out of the whole franchise. I have no idea why that is, but I had a stronger attachment to my sims. Sims 2 takes second place, and Sims 3 was a disappointment for me when it first came out and I had to persevere to begin with, I did get into it eventually, but not too seriously. I am hoping Sims 4 surpasses both 1 and 2 (whilst taking the best parts from Sims 3) somehow.
Lab Assistant
#214 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 8:06 PM
Every game is buggy.It's impossible to make that game don't have issue at all.The sims 4 also will have bugs.Besides I don't know,am I lucky or something,but my ts3 works almost perfectly,I saw only few bugs.

Other thing.Yes,at some point ts3 looks unfinished but it have many new cool options and interactions too,that we never saw in previous sims series,and that's makes this game unique.

So it's really rude to speak that game is absolutelly trash.It makes me think that for some people ts3 is too difficult."You wanna f*ck the system,but system f*ucks you"-like one gamer say about people,who complain about games because they don't understand how to play

TS3 is brutal on Mac players, even without cc. I gave up trying to play it a while ago.
Forum Resident
#215 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 8:08 PM
It makes me think that for some people ts3 is too difficult.

Not 'round these parts, it isn't.

Quote: Originally posted by lemonbutter
Sims 3 is okay, it's fun and so on, but even to this day, Sims 1 is still my favourite one out of the whole franchise. I have no idea why that is, but I had a stronger attachment to my sims.

TS1 remains the most immersive to me, and somehow is both the wackiest and most realistic across a number of aspects. I barely even notice that the lots end in a grey void when I play...very, very alive game.
Field Researcher
#216 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 8:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tempscire

TS1 remains the most immersive to me, and somehow is both the wackiest and most realistic across a number of aspects. I barely even notice that the lots end in a grey void when I play...very, very alive game.

I really feel like playing Sims 1 again just for a walk down memory lane. I remember my sims fighting a lot, there seemed to be more drama....I cared more when they died! I still remember my sims from Sims 1, I don't remember any of them from Sims 2 and Sims 3 well...I didn't care enough.

I hope all this talk about emotions in Sims 4 is really delivered. I want to feel attached to my sims again.
Mad Poster
#217 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by writerchick
I think what the poster meant was that if you have AwesomeMod, you already have that death type in TS3. So for those users, it won't be anything new. For the rest of us, though, it will be...

As for TS4... I'm cautiously, reservedly optimistic. (IK,R?) At this point, not stressing about what the finished game will look like; am more excited about the descriptions. We'll see how the demo goes at Gamescom.

But I DO use AM and have never heard of that before. I've certainly never had it happen in my game anyway.

Back on topic though, there need to be real consequences to the actions our Sims take for us to become more emotionally attached to them. That's how I feel anyway.
It doesn't really seem to matter what you do in TS3, it's all a bit too easy, especially accumulating money. I want my Sims to have to struggle sometimes.
I have only ever seen the repo man TWICE in TS3. Once was during a move-in event when I requested he remove the ghosts haunting my lot and the second time I randomly came across him wandering around a community lot. Not once have I ever actually had a Repo man arrive to actually repossess something because my Sims get too rich too quickly.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#218 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 8:44 PM
Updated the title and first post to reflect on recent developments.
Field Researcher
#219 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 8:54 PM
I'm very interested in this emotional depth thing. If executed well it could be a lot of fun. Currently, I'm so happy to see CAS expanded, especially on the body. The houses remind me of New Orleans.

I've been so focused on sims stories, I haven't actually played the game in ages. Thinking about Sims 4 makes me wanna play. Can't wait for the trailer!
Theorist
#220 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 8:56 PM
This thread feels like a duplicate of Things I've Seen/Heard/Read about The Sims 4...especially now that you've changed the title, as the facts, images, and info are also shown there.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#221 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 9:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TMBrandon
This thread feels like a duplicate of Things I've Seen/Heard/Read about The Sims 4...especially now that you've changed the title, as the facts, images, and info are also shown there.

Not entirely. The other thread is mostly speculation. This one is with info from EA servers. (So basically, official).
Test Subject
#222 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 9:29 PM
Me, personally, am really upset that the graphics seemed to have taken a step backward. It really disappoints me that the sims 3 didn't go in a direction with more realistic graphics, and I had hoped that the sims 4 would (should have known better). I just hate that they look so cartoonish. And the hair is just a joke, it's like they don't even know their fans. I think the whole game is just going to be the sims 3 with more features (hopefully!) and the exact same look and gameplay. Why has the sims turned into such an unrealistic experience? It's supposed to be "play with life" not "play with dolls". The game NEEDS to look more realistic, not even MORE plastic.
Field Researcher
#223 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nanette37
Why has the sims turned into such an unrealistic experience? It's supposed to be "play with life" not "play with dolls". The game NEEDS to look more realistic, not even MORE plastic.

Because zombies, vampires, aliens and ghosts are the most realistic of experiences

I don't know, I don't want to play around with Sims that look way too much like humans. Also, TS4 sims actually seem to have more realistic proportions then the previous games.

Seriously though, the Sims has always been a parody of life, not life itself.
Forum Resident
#224 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 9:35 PM
So far, my impression from the pictures is hesitantly favorable. I really like how they've added a lot of nice architectural details right from the start. It seems to me the first world is going to be very French Quarter-New Orleans, between the majority of the housing and that screenshot with the trolly car and track. I'm hoping that's the 'taxi' for this world.

It seems like we get a lot of things under our control that we've had to mod in, like the sliders - even if it does look like the bendy-pully system is going to take some getting used to. The art style is still cartoony Sims cannon, even if it does look a little off from what we've grown to expect. I'll want to see actual gameplay video before I make any decisions there.

I have to wonder if THIS is where all the Maxis staff has been hiding. Remember when EA started slapping Maxis logos on things, but nothing really changed? I get the old Maxis feel from the game description and the things we get to play with. Emotions? Soul Mates?

On the hesitant con side of things - I'm a little scared that we're given more than one 'Hood to choose from at the start. Does that mean it's a locked system and we can't make our own? I'm going to be upset if they start taking away our custom creation abilities after so many years of sandboxing. Sure, we had to mod in what we weren't given before, but having to do so takes soooo loooong.

Over all I'm going to say that nothing I see here is going to make me abandon my previously stated stand on staying with Sims3 for quite some time. I want the first expansion pack to come out for 4 at the very least, so I know whether it'll be worth the long-term investment that all Sims games end up being.
Mad Poster
#225 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by residenteviloutbreak
Not entirely. The other thread is mostly speculation. This one is with info from EA servers. (So basically, official).

I don't do speculation. The discussions are speculative. Until gamescom, however, I wont update add any information of the first page.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Page 9 of 32