Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#26 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 9:28 PM
Can we have more? Like the full magazine. :P
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#27 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 9:29 PM
i hope driveways are usable so the sims can actually drive. and the lot size and shape seems to be more organic rather the TS3 which was long and narrow!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#28 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TMBrandon

I took this from another website, so I dont even have the mag. Hopeful, some more scans will pop up before tomorrow!
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TMBrandon

http://www.mixei.ru/showthread.php/...l=1#post2928495

nothing really new

i wonder why no one is uploading the full magazine (6 sites)
Mad Poster
#30 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Monsoon
Hasn't anybody noticed non-rectangular lot? Or am I late and you guys knew?

That's an enclosure made with fence objects, not a lot. Sims 3 even has a few.

If we had no rectangular lots, we'd have to be given wall tools of various angles to accommodate for fencing and such. EA's not that generous.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Instructor
#31 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 9:51 PM
Actually I haven't seen the page with the jackets before: http://s663.photobucket.com/user/ir.../DSM_7.jpg.html

I would try and google translate it but the writing is too small for me to read.

Ok, I did a google translate of the Russian forum in regards to that picture and not sure how accurate it is - the new CAS (the character creation mode), you can modify different parts of the character. Mouse control has also been simplified - just drag and move to create a Sim to your liking. Cloakroom - our kingdom! Concept artists have provided your Sims lots of clothes in different styles, ranging from T-shirts and ending Bothan elegant leather jackets.

A cloakroom. Not sure if that means we get a add a jacket, so perhaps layered clothing?

Love does not consist of two people looking at each other, but of looking together in the right direction. - Antoine de Exupery
Forum Resident
#32 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 10:03 PM Last edited by Tzigone : 19th Aug 2013 at 10:14 PM.
Are the jackets labeled "presets"? I can't read it. if so, it indicate recoloring tool, but we're still only seeing solids.
Instructor
#33 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 10:09 PM
I transcribed the picture to Google translate and got this, my transcription first (for German speakers):

"Im neuen CAS (Create a Sim) kannst du an viel mehr Stellen ansetzen, um deinen Sim zu verändern. Die Maussteuerung wurde ebenfalls vereinfacht, Ziehen und Verschieben reicht, um deinen Liebling anzupassen."
"In the new CAS (Create a Sim) you can attach to a lot more places to change your Sim. The mouse control has also been simplified, pulling and moving enough to accommodate your favorite."

EDIT: Also found this picture in the photobucket gallery.

"The pancakes are great and there is still not anywhere good mood - emotions affect also in the group."
Theorist
#34 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 10:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Issie
Actually I haven't seen the page with the jackets before: http://s663.photobucket.com/user/ir.../DSM_7.jpg.html

I would try and google translate it but the writing is too small for me to read.

Ok, I did a google translate of the Russian forum in regards to that picture and not sure how accurate it is - the new CAS (the character creation mode), you can modify different parts of the character. Mouse control has also been simplified - just drag and move to create a Sim to your liking. Cloakroom - our kingdom! Concept artists have provided your Sims lots of clothes in different styles, ranging from T-shirts and ending Bothan elegant leather jackets.

A cloakroom. Not sure if that means we get a add a jacket, so perhaps layered clothing?

I speak German (not fluent but pretty close...) The photo says that you can edit more places on your sim (I assume that's talking about the left) and how the mouse movements have simplified. You can push and pull to customize your sim. That's the basic gist. It doesn't say anything about the jackets (at least in the picture).

Also, the neighborhood's name could translate to Garden County, Garden Borough or maybe something completely different. Maybe the town is bigger?

Going back to the jackets, they actually held their word on having normal, simple presets! Notice they say presets... maybe CASt isn't gone?

Quote:
"The pancakes are great and there is still not anywhere good mood - emotions affect also in the group."

Better translation: The pancakes are great but not everyone's in a good mood - emotions also have an effect on groups.

Hi I'm Paul!
Instructor
#35 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 10:29 PM
Bah, Photobucket's controls are so weird. Click the zoom icon in the lower right of the image, get a popup, click it again, and...

There! Much bigger. And it clearly says "presets."
Instructor
#36 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
That's an enclosure made with fence objects, not a lot. Sims 3 even has a few.

If we had no rectangular lots, we'd have to be given wall tools of various angles to accommodate for fencing and such. EA's not that generous.

You're probably right, the fact that the fence lines up with the sidewalk so nicely misled me.
Test Subject
#37 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 10:37 PM
The Garden District is a well known, upscale area in New Orleans. It's several blocks wide, not a whole town or county. The actual Mardi Gras celebrations are in another part of the city.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 11:47 PM
I am guessing there will be a CASt type of thing in sims 4 I studyed those first pictures that was released and you can see that in the render that the hat has patterns and that one west has a striped pattern pattern. That hat and that west is shown in more than one picture, and dont forget the really red bedroom, hehe

mjau
----------
Known as Elevinia on simscave and GoS
Forum Resident
#39 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 12:05 AM Last edited by Tempscire : 20th Aug 2013 at 1:29 AM. Reason: typo
Quote: Originally posted by Monsoon
You're probably right, the fact that the fence lines up with the sidewalk so nicely misled me.

The road definitely curves slightly (not at a 45 degree angle), and that fence does seem to follow it, though... How hard would that really be, anyway? Set up fences and walls to form like a line in Photoshop: click to make starting and end points, and a straight line forms in between. Biggest problem would be allowing Sims to walk on or use squares that had only a little bit of fence across them, and maybe roofs.

I have this vague recollection of a picture from some months back that was mostly blurred over and obscured by some text, I think, but at the bottom you could make out a flatiron style road junction visible...? Was a TS4 thing or TS3? Or fake? Or a false memory I've invented now?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#40 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 12:09 AM
I really hope that fences and walls can now be more round.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 12:30 AM
It looks like we also have a brown-colored street, now. Wonder if that's customizable, or if it's just part of the render and we still have the grey cement streets.

TS2 Challenge Addict.
Scholar
#42 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 12:51 AM

Another one of my favourite things from past games returning in the Sims 4. First the violin and now the New Orleans neighbourhood (Old Town or whatever it was called). I was excited to see the Tudor houses in another screenshot, but this is even better.

I've walked through the Garden District and it certainly is fantastic; I hope they do it justice. I'd love to see some of the French Quarter too. Would make sense with the trolley since it runs from the edge of the French Quarter out to the Garden District in RL (with some big modern buildings and some run-down areas in-between).

For all the panic that is going on, I've yet to see anything that would suggest to me that CAS is no longer part of the game. Changed, certainly, but not removed. Where are people getting this from?

The only thing that I'm really not loving right now, is all the modern furniture. Yuck! I hope its not all like that.
Mad Poster
#43 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 1:07 AM
My only worry about the French Quarter theme is how it will apply to other towns and districts. How much French Quarter Stuff exists, and will the remaining objects be versatile enough elsewhere.

Scholar
#44 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 2:02 AM
non rectangle lot? where?
Do you mean the fencing that goes along the curve of the road? I think thats a neihborhood object, the open grass to the left of the house, with the big tree, is part of the open world, and the fence is an object, its not an empty lot. Would be nice though
Oops this was a reply to the last comment on page 1 I think, I knew I should have hit quote. Whatever
This is starting to upset me. I think 75% of the clotihng is gonig to be mesh copy-paste from TS3. The jacket in the managzine panel is COMPLETELY ripped, along with that tshirt mesh. It even has the same default color (1) that it either comes in the panel, or one of the pre made bin sims has it on. I](The one with the cowboy hat?)[/I]I think white/pink is ripped out too.[ And its a fugly jacket too. The mesh pisses me off, I dont know why. Maybe with the new art style the meshes will look better on these sims, but like, most of the meshes in ts3 are just...ugly.
Mad Poster
#45 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 2:52 AM
I see no evidence that the fence in that screeny is curving together with the road. It looks to me like a straight piece of fencing at the bottom, and a straight piece at the top. A large area, where the two pieces meet, is being blocked by that tree, so you can't see this curve, or lack thereof. I think it's 2 pieces of straightness, hooked together behind the tree, like at the corners of the lot.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Mad Poster
#46 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 2:55 AM
I don't think "curving" meant a literal curve.

Scholar
#47 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 3:48 AM
I meant that. Sorry I didnt know we were going to get so literal. I remember that next time.
Forum Resident
#48 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 4:01 AM
I think y'all are right after all. Probably just straight fence segments as world objects with a well-placed tree. Oh well.

The blue area is what I was referring to about the curve in the road. I didn't think the fence curve as in was rounded, but I thought that maybe the lot roughly followed the road in a polygonal shape.
Page 2 of 2