Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 3:06 AM
Default Alice: Madness Returns!
Anyone else want that game as badly as I do? To me, it looks amazing, and I can't wait to try it out.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 5:19 PM Last edited by LE102071 : 28th Aug 2011 at 4:34 PM.
I just bought this for my PC yesterday.... and it is amazing!

The graphics, while odd are excellent.. I love how the different chapters give you different looks (*Steampunk Dress for the Mad Hatter chapter for example.) Game play is fun... and at times very difficult (which is nice.)

But, I 'returned' it due to the Alice: Madness Returns DLC “Weapons of Madness and Dresses Pack” ... I didn't realize the launch date had passed, so I can't get the DLC now. After contacting EA and having to tell the CS Rep about the pack (scary that a customer has to teach the support rep about stuff) and being told that while XBox and PS3 gamers can still buy the pack, PC gamers are SOL.

I got a refund, and will be buying the XBox version when I get paid again.

* Steampunk Dress

DLC Dresses

I am not bigoted for race, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, or age... I do, however, have a big problem with stupidity, and stupidity knows no boundaries.
Alchemist
#3 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 5:42 PM
I just saw it on Steam yesterday, I'm thinking about getting it
Test Subject
#4 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 1:54 PM
Can anyone make those dress and weaps?That would be fascinating and I would gradually thank to him/her!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 5:43 AM
Default Wow.
Quote: Originally posted by LE102071
I just bought this for my PC yesterday.... and it is amazing!

The graphics, while odd are excellent.. I love how the different chapters give you different looks (*Steampunk Dress for the Mad Hatter chapter for example.) Game play is fun... and at times very difficult (which is nice.)

But, I 'returned' it due to the Alice: Madness Returns DLC “Weapons of Madness and Dresses Pack” ... I didn't realize the launch date had passed, so I can't get the DLC now. After contacting EA and having to tell the CS Rep about the pack (scary that a customer has to teach the support rep about stuff) and being told that while XBox and PS3 gamers can still buy the pack, PC gamers are SOL.

I got a refund, and will be buying the XBox version when I get paid again.

* Steampunk Dress

DLC Dresses

Really? That must suck. :\ Oh, and the Red and White Dress DLC looks fascinating.

Quote: Originally posted by hir23
Can anyone make those dress and weaps?That would be fascinating and I would gradually thank to him/her!

Actually, someone did create all of that for the sims 2. It's right here.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 12:26 PM
It looks brilliant though the reviews have been: "it looks brilliant but the gameplay is deeply flawed." I'm not sure whether I should get it.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 6:12 PM
I just started playing this (still on the first level) but I just wanted to say the visuals are absolutely breathtaking. I'm still kind of getting used to the auto-target system, but I've only played for maybe an hour and most of that was not combat, so I don't want to comment on gameplay yet. I can also see where playing this on a console with a controller would be advantageous though.

@Perfectionist_Gal: I really wasn't sure if I should say anything in regards to your comment. I didn't come to this thread to debate with you so I was going to just let it go. However, since you did make a comment about this game in particular, I felt I should point out that violence in this game is a central concept. You can't possibly claim to like the idea or theme of this game, if you're against it having any violence or blood in it.

The Dawson Diaries
(A Random Legacy)
Test Subject
#10 Old 5th Jul 2011 at 5:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hir23

If you are talking about making them for the sims 2, I made 3. The London dress, the wonderland dress, and the Hysteria mode. I also made the vorpal blade too with blood stain and also a very bloody one for the hysteria mode.
A video displaying them can be found here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VILP6COmCew

Since modthesims isnt letting us upload yet, I uploaded them to my website:
http://www.simsgeneration.webs.com/

If you want to wait to download them from Modthesims (I will upload them as soon as we are able to upload again) you can if you dont trust my site

the other dresses are being made now.
Test Subject
#11 Old 5th Jul 2011 at 5:32 AM
oh and on topic, Im getting the game this week when I have time to go get it, I can't wait to try it out!