Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 7:15 AM
Salutations!
As the title suggests, hello MTS community!
I thought I would do this in the morning, but alas, my anxiety is keeping me awake.

My name is Emily, which you can call me, or a variety of any of my nicknames. (Grem, Gremily, Em, Stumpy Giraffe...) I've made a few posts around the site already, but I didn't know there was an introductions thread until 10 minutes ago! It's nice to officially meet everyone! :~)

I've been playing The Sims for about 10 years now, give or take a year. I started out with TS1, then bypassed TS2 and went straight to TS3. (I missed a great 5 years when TS2 was released and in full-swing.) Oddly enough, I now pretty much only play TS2. I'm working on installing TS1 back onto my laptop, mostly for nostalgic purposes. And I don't think I've played TS3 in a year and a half by now...I think it's safe to say that my Sims 2: Double Deluxe disk has made a nice home out of my disk drive.

I'm a high school student (*does school cheer with a man in a cow costume*) so I have these few summer months off, so hopefully I won't disappear as soon as school starts up. I'm really liking everything here already!

Up until April, I had heard many horror stories and spooky tales of CC corruption, games crashing, hard drive malfunctions, and toaster oven explosions. Thus, I never really got into modding my game until recently. (I always thought of modding as if I were signing a death warrant for my precious sims and laptop. ) But MTS has really taught me that mods can be very safe and very fun. So thanks!

I have yet to learn to mod objects or anything worth uploading, but I really have a knack for designing and building towns for sims. I have a really nice town now that I wish I could share, but it already has sims, houses, and a lot of CC 'hood decorations. It's a truly beautiful place.

*ahem* Anyways, I plan on eventually getting around to building some "naked" maps along with full, base-game compatible neighborhoods. I almost did today, but the first map didn't display right when I went to test it in TS2. So I just went to my main family and played with them for a solid 7 hours.

Okay, hopefully this isn't too long of an introduction...bear with me.
So far the MTS community seems very nice and I can't wait to establish myself here more! I was a little intimidated by everyone at first, but nobody seems to bite.

Sooo...yay! Glad to meet you all, and to finally break out of my shell and become apart of a simming community. It only took ten years!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 8:27 AM
Well hi Emily!
Quote: Originally posted by Gremlet
*does school cheer with a man in a cow costume*
...and a hearty "Vo Girbits" to you too.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 11:42 AM
Heya Emily!
I decided to answer here, so first a thank you for your nice comment.
Lots of people have fear to start modding their games, cause they heard horrible things about, what can happen. In Sims games you always will put mods into your documents folder. IF there ever will be a problem, rename your game folder and EA will create a new one without problems... And the most other games work the same way.
The most annoying thing you will have to face with mods could be a corrupted save file. But to be honest: this problem you will have in Sims 3 in the first place without mods. I really recommend nRaas mods to clean your safe files and your game. The master controller, the Overwatch, the Error Trap - really helpful tools for us players. And I donĀ“t want to miss the unbelievable awesome Story Progression. All nRaas mods are actualized to any patch level, so there is no reason not to use them.

And I am really surprised, that you never played Sims 2 . Although I love the CAW, and I like to play with my Sims 3 dollies, I prefer Sims 2 cause of the gameplay itself. I miss a whole lot of things in Sims 3 like real apartments or the abillites, that came out with Open For Business.

And I am really curious to see pictures of your world.

Greetings, Carl
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#4 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 8:34 PM
Hello Emily! Welcome to MTS! Don't worry we don't bite (even the vampires ) I hope you have a nice stay

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Mad Poster
#5 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 11:35 PM
Hey there Emily, welcome to Mod The Sims. I hope you enjoy your stay

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam