Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 7:51 AM
Default Dissociative Identity dissorder and Post Traumatic Stress Dissorder
After years of therapy and being on medicine after medicine from the age of 11, I've been diagnosed with D.I.D (dissociative identity disorder) and PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) . My question I guess is, is anyone else dealing with the same and do you have any ways you know to ease it or help get it under control? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 12:27 PM
All I can contribute with is eating disorders and panic attacks, sorry. Is that a poro in your avatar?

Quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

- poof gone -
Forum Resident
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 11:09 PM
I'm sorry to hear you're in a bad headspace, but maybe with the new diagnosis, you'll be able to start a more effective treatment. I've got run-of-the-mill depression so I don't have any advice specific to your situation, but I hope you're able to get yourself to a better place soon.

"If I be waspish, best beware my sting."
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 5:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by StupidFlanders
All I can contribute with is eating disorders and panic attacks, sorry. Is that a poro in your avatar?

Yessum Poro! :P
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 5:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mammal
I'm sorry to hear you're in a bad headspace, but maybe with the new diagnosis, you'll be able to start a more effective treatment. I've got run-of-the-mill depression so I don't have any advice specific to your situation, but I hope you're able to get yourself to a better place soon.

I found a work book for it someone recommended called " Coping with Trauma-Related Dissociation: Skills Training for Patients and Therapists" It has helped tramendously.
Test Subject
#6 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 7:41 PM
I have PTSD. I struggled for years before finally finding a good therapist who specializes in trauma. EMDR can help, although I've only done a little of it. Going to group therapy now and it seems to be helping most of all. One thing that can help with dissociation is to carry around something that smells good, like some essential oil or whatever, and when you start to dissociate sniff it and it will help "bring you back". It works really well! (For me at least).
I'll have to check out that workbook you mentioned, thanks!