Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#126 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 4:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
Laughter itself isn't the direct cause of death in real life either, the laughter usually causes cardiac arrest or asphyxiation. Just guessing, but I think It probably usually only happens to the elderly or those with an underlying undiagnosed health condition. I guess for realism, I could live with it if it's a rare occurrence for elders, and extremely rare for any other age group (like as rare as the meteor in TS3... I've only had that happen once in the last 5yrs).

It may be rather unrealistic, but I'm not a fan of random death by anything in my games. I always get pissed when sims I'm playing die and I have to reload. Sucks when I haven't saved in awhile.

well, my impression was that the actual laughing causes you to stop breathing.. making it a cause of death. i don't think it's completely unrealistic however it should be very rare. there might be a mod that's like "no more deaths from laughter"
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#127 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 4:53 AM
If someone laughed so much they stopped breathing they would faint and after fainting their body would resume breathing. This is what happens in children who breath hold. They hold their breath so long they turn blue and faint. Looks alarming but is actually harmless. It would only kill someone if combined with something else such as a weak heart, hitting their head, falling into water, choking on food ect.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
just a girl
#128 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 11:19 AM
Whatever it is, this is just the way of describing it. A matter of level of detail, you know. When elders die, the accurate medical term would not be just "their time has come", but it's Ok to say in game. Or when shark attaks in real life the cause of death woud be "massive blood loss" or some other special term (I'm not a doctor), but in game we say "died of shark's attak" or something like that. If this is Ok, then "laughter" is Ok, too.
Mad Poster
#129 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 12:20 PM
well, i guess that sums it up.. it's a ts4 thread and we're talking about dying, lol
just a girl
#130 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 12:29 PM
Well, it's not us who's including dying in almost every video =)
Mad Poster
#131 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 1:45 PM
Well, dying sucks
Test Subject
#132 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 10:25 PM
To switch away from the morbid topic of accurate death-naming, was anyone else annoyed by the fact that they were going on about adding 'long-standing fan requests' to the game? Perhaps we've been doing it wrong this whole time, perhaps our 'long-standing' request to them over the past decade since Sims 2 was released should have been "please don't remove basic elements of the game in the next version!" and then they would have graciously consented to include at least SOME of the things they've gone and taken out (need I name them?). Or maybe it's just me.
Do bear in mind that this is coming from someone who's actually quite excited about a lot of the new features in the game: I haven't pre-ordered it yet but chances are I'll buy it once I've had the chance to try the demo out, and even I'M annoyed with the way the 'gurus' are behaving...
Lab Assistant
#133 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 11:07 PM
The thing that got me was when they were saying how cool it was to be able to go from one area to another, like from the park to your sims house, and how awesome that was. I couldn't help thinking 'Well, we could to that in Sims 3, without the loading screen! Stop acting like it is something new!'
Page 6 of 6