Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Zombie Socks
#26 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 1:39 AM
It took me 170 hours (or more) to beat Final Fantasy XII because I have HAVE to talk to the NPC's. All of them. Especially the Viera, even though all they pretty much say to you is "We hate you. Get out of our village. Now."

Does anyone else have this problem?

(It's worth noting that I had played the first half of the game on slow mode and liked exploring, so I don't completely fail at life.)

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 2:56 AM
I talk to all the npc's in zelda games.

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Mad Poster
#28 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 3:14 AM
Same here
Mad Poster
#29 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 3:40 AM
i just have to. I'm always afraid I'll miss something.

Mad Poster
#30 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 3:56 AM
It annoys me when they say something completely random like "Look! a bird!"
Mad Poster
#31 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 4:55 AM
Same here.

Zombie Socks
#32 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 8:36 PM
I think it would be hilarious if one of those bland NPC's that everyone ignores, (like that fat farmer who always complains about people burning his crops/killing his family/raising taxes but never DOES anything about it) gives you some super-awesome secret to getting an ultimate weapon or something equally cool after rambling on about his cow for several parts. And then, when you're all like: "Wait! Lemme write that down!" he refuses to say it again and goes back to talking about the flooding problems he's been having.

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Mad Poster
#33 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 8:45 PM
I think there was one like that on windfall island...

Test Subject
#34 Old 1st May 2009 at 12:22 AM
I don't think I have ever talked to an NPC in a game (except, of course, ts). I have done that in MORRPG though, and I don't think he/she/it/whatever-it-was could say more than two or three phrases, and those were totally irrelevant. It always got me more than a bit mad when I clicked in one, since the game lagged a little, and people could kill me. On the other hand,sometimes NPC's saved you from certain death.

... I don't think I have ever played N64. I was somewhere in my teenager years when it came out and I was more interessted in dating than playing something.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 1st May 2009 at 3:51 AM
i've given up on dating until I get out of this town and into a place that might have people interested in similar things to me.

Mad Poster
#36 Old 1st May 2009 at 6:30 AM
what's ts?
Test Subject
#37 Old 1st May 2009 at 7:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rapsheba555
i've given up on dating until I get out of this town and into a place that might have people interested in similar things to me.

You just made me a bit happier about living in a big city. When you have few million people living in the same place it gets easier to find someone "datable" people. And, of course, it gets easier while you get older (but not too old). As everyone always says, "it gets better after high school". (although I had no problem at all dating/socializing back them, hidding the geek inside)
Banned
#38 Old 1st May 2009 at 1:56 PM
Y'all might think I'm really old, but I not only remember 64 I remember the 1st nintendo! The classic 80's game is still the best. I might see if I can find it on ebay, and the old super mario bros. game too. They tried to redo it I think with SNES and gameboy advance, but it still wasn't the same as the original Super Mario Bros. 1 and 2.
Test Subject
#39 Old 1st May 2009 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joninmobile
Y'all might think I'm really old...

... but I used to play Atari (my uncle had one)

The first (and only) video game I owned was a Master System.

And the only game I've ever played in N64 was a Star Wars pod race one.

"And underneath my lips, thou wert perfect".
Typical
#40 Old 1st May 2009 at 5:29 PM
Star wars Battlefront 2 is good *Dreams*...
Instructor
#41 Old 2nd May 2009 at 1:49 AM
I have this issue and because of this, takes me forever to beat RPGs. Especially stuff like the Star Ocean series... So many NPCs plus the game got private actions between characters, which affects relationships between them... Takes a loooooong time! XD

I had over 100 hours on a single game... Without the optional dungeons after you beat the main story.
Mad Poster
#42 Old 3rd May 2009 at 1:40 AM
You should try Hoshigami for the DS then, takes probably about 500 hours to beat on easy...
Zombie Socks
#43 Old 3rd May 2009 at 2:17 AM
N64 pod racing game? I played that game! I OWN that game! It sucks. No really. It was bad. The controls were awful, the levels were boring and the whole thing was pretty lame. It's just my opinion, obviously, but I think it's a very bad example of video games. Now Kingdom Hearts... I LOVE that combat system! (FFXII probably has the worst combat system on earth though. If you ask me about it, prepare for a rant!)

Mad Poster
#44 Old 3rd May 2009 at 2:45 AM
Wait... Where did you get pod racing from?
Mad Poster
#45 Old 3rd May 2009 at 2:52 AM
does anyone remember the crusin' series? That series sucked so bad. Horrible framerate, bad collision sensor...etc...

Mad Poster
#46 Old 3rd May 2009 at 3:57 AM
Never heard of it
Mad Poster
#47 Old 3rd May 2009 at 7:16 AM
oh, umm here: http://www.klov.com/images/10/1051865013.jpg

Mad Poster
#48 Old 3rd May 2009 at 7:46 AM
Hmm, looks... bad.
Test Subject
#49 Old 3rd May 2009 at 8:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by whitewaterwood
N64 pod racing game? I played that game! I OWN that game! It sucks. No really. It was bad. The controls were awful, the levels were boring and the whole thing was pretty lame. It's just my opinion, obviously, but I think it's a very bad example of video games. Now Kingdom Hearts... I LOVE that combat system! (FFXII probably has the worst combat system on earth though. If you ask me about it, prepare for a rant!)

I agree, it totally sucked. AND I always found very hard to deal with the N64 joystick, it seamed too big for my tiny tiny hands. I guess I might also have played some Pokemon Stadium, on rainy days. Very rainy days in a really small town and no one to hang out with but my younger cousins/younger sister. I found it really amusing specially because I never watched a single episode of pokemon and had mostly no idea what they could do. *giggles*

"And underneath my lips, thou wert perfect".
Mad Poster
#50 Old 3rd May 2009 at 8:39 AM
Yeah, the N64 controller just makes me go "WTF?"

Page 2 of 3