Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 31st May 2009 at 11:26 PM
Shall I post it here or make separate thread? I do no think it is illegal since he bought a legal copy and I played it....
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 31st May 2009 at 11:30 PM
sounds bad. Sounds like playing it=bad, building on it=fun.

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Mad Poster
#28 Old 31st May 2009 at 11:55 PM
Lol Typical Raps
Mad Poster
#29 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 12:03 AM
I will post my review here.
Well story goes like this: My friend called me up and said his Sims 3 came in the mail today. I said can i come over and play? This way I will know if I should buy it. he said of course so I got dressed and went there. Every sim Starts in CAS, so I will start with that.
Good Stuffz:
You can tweak almost anything. and I mean anything. Nose can be however big you want it to be, ears, eyes and yadda yadda.
Color Customazition: No need for gothic custom hair! want lime green high lights on your emo boy? Or add light brown streaks to you high school diva? YES! Fell free to do so! Same applies to clothes. You can make patterns and patterns of any color imaginable, quiet literally. A lot of fun. I spend few hours doing this. :D
Shoes! teh ossumness! The choices! you can even have sock and stoking!
They made absolutely hilarious expresions when you were picking their traits. I liked it.
Bad Stuffz:
THEY LOOK THE SAME! no matter how much I tweaked them or anything, they look like twins. Sure, this sims had wider eyes than that sim, and this sim had wider lips than that one but they looked very very very similar to each other. In sims 2, both sims with 1st face template looked different.
I don't know if it is bad stuffz, but there are no face templates. There are face part templates, but not actual already-made-face-that-you-can-tweak-however-you-like.
Voices: They sound very similar. Or maybe I am deaf. Yes you can tweak them to a very squaky to very manly, but they kind of sounded the same.
beards: There is no separate stubs and beard. they are together and choces aren'tt hat great.
Eventually I made one sim( i could not stand family of twins) and moved her into a trailer house.
Game play, Good Stuffz:
very interesting. You see what your neighbors are doing next door. Sadly you do not see furniture until you visit. So if they sit on the bench to you they float in the air. Or maybe my friend didn't quiet play with his setting yet :/
You can buy a bike and go around the neighborhood.You can get a car too.
While this sim in your family is at home, you can go to the sim on the other side of town and control his action. F.U.N you can carry stuff in your inventory. I defiantly know with guitar you can take it out and play in the park.
You can only fulfill 4 wishes and you can chose(or as game referred to them as promise) which ones you want to. Like for example sims want to go to the park. You can confirm, and it will go into the wish bar or you can cancel it and it will disappear.
There was no fears D: Or my sim simply didn't roll any for me to full fill.
Lights: Adorable. from sunrise to sunset. I am speechless.
bad stuffz: A lot of rabbit holes. the only 2 places that I know of that you could go to were park and beach. Park is decent but beach is boring all you do is sit there you can't swim in the ocean(lake, sea, pond, call it whatever you want) SO you can only go and do nothing there. There are probably plenty more, but those, I am sure you can visit.
Kind of blunt. yes you can visit friends and others, you go to work, you improve skill...Speaking of that. it took forever to just improve one skill point. in sims 2 first five points are fast to improve(usually) then it gets slower. There was nothing much to do...
I did not build, so I don't know how that works.

Any questions: ask ahead I will try to answer. Over all, the game was good, many deferent aspects that made it better from sims 2 but there were many that didn't. For now I am sticking to sims 2 and I shall perhaps get sims 3 when first EP comes out. I also want to add: plain base game of sims2 was much more fun, even though it maybe didn't have half of the features.
Theorist
#30 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 12:08 AM Last edited by Captain THPS4 : 1st Jun 2009 at 5:57 AM.
Before I even start the game I hope to have Riverview and some other downloads installed. I'm also supposed to get the bonus Datarock song so I'd want to download that too (anyone know what the song actually is?) I'm going to remake two of my favorite characters from Rock Band. One is a guy who's very patriotic towards Canada...he has white hair with red streaks (great candidate for messing around with CASt)! The other is his friend (eventually wife) who is a bit of a tomboy, she'll probably have at least the good kisser and lucky traits. Then I'll try to move them into a good house and have them explore Sunset Valley! It's going to be so fun. I'll probably put both sims up on the exchange too! :D

I think this game will improve greatly with EPs. Things like pets and weather will be much better with the seamless neighborhoods, maybe the map can even be expanded to include multiple towns!
#31 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 12:27 AM
Kyle, that sounds not so great. I still am going to buy it. Did you notice if there were any supernatural creatures like aliens, vampires, etc?

I am first going to make a Joker sim, what else?
Mad Poster
#32 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 12:32 AM
I only played just about 5 hours( my friend needed a turn XD) So i did not notice any aliens or any supernaturals.

it is my opinion so maybe you guys will find it much better then I did :D
Theorist
#33 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 12:38 AM
Well, we can make a sim's skintone be any colour we want so for the aliens that's a bit of a workaround. In The Sims 2 I never got aliens the normal way, I just made my own kind of aliens by using custom skintones of unusual colour so it's nothing new to me.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 12:40 AM
I'm going to make a preppy sim and kill it. :o

Hurr Durr, Derpity Derp Derp.

Quote:
Due to the disturbing amount of children on cycles being run over in the streets of Riverview and Sunset Valley, it has been deemed necessary by the town councils to impose a national speed limit.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 12:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Captain THPS4
Well, we can make a sim's skintone be any colour we want so for the aliens that's a bit of a workaround. In The Sims 2 I never got aliens the normal way, I just made my own kind of aliens by using custom skintones of unusual colour so it's nothing new to me.

oh yes, I did not mention that, but there are few colors to chose from, if I remember right the extra ordinary colors were blue and red. there is a scrol bar and you can make it however dark you want too :D
Zombie Socks
Original Poster
#36 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 2:29 AM
I think I'll make a BJD simself, (I always wanted to be a living hunk of plastic!) then I'll let it be retarded and let it and it's strange quirky (fated-to-die) friend scoot around for a while. Then a will find new and exciting ways to kill sims. Perhaps I will name the friend EA...

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Mad Poster
#37 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 2:46 AM
What's BJD?
Zombie Socks
Original Poster
#38 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 2:50 AM
Ball Jointed Doll. They're so lovely! *sighs*
http://www.minimode.com/BJD/BJD.jpg

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Mad Poster
#39 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 2:52 AM
AHHHH! Too Shiny! *shields eyes from porcelain shinyness*
#40 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 3:33 AM
WWW, THAT IS GREAT!

I definatly find the many ways to kill sims.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 3:51 AM
I prefer death by starvation. I'ts SO Funny
Mad Poster
#42 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 4:00 AM
I like drowning myself.

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Mad Poster
#43 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 4:19 AM
#44 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 4:28 AM
Who doesn't?
Mad Poster
#45 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 4:32 AM
Lol
Mad Poster
#46 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 4:34 AM
VoD: what episode is your signature from?...And is she referring to hyenas?
Forum Resident
#47 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 5:14 AM
I made my decision long ago, I flat out refuse to buy it. I'm sick of maxis leading us along and watching us spend rediculous amounts of money for expansion packs that either have little new content, or content they deliberately removed from the original game just so they could make us spend more money. maybe i'll consider it when the complete collection comes out, that's what they did with Sims 1, and I bet they'll do it with Sims 2 pretty soon.

I no longer make sims, if you wish to contact me through this site it is highly unlikely that you will receive a reply.
#48 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 5:44 AM
Yep, the babies are Lou and Bud the hyenas and its from Harleyquinade, I think thats how its spelled.
Theorist
#49 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 6:18 AM
ooh oh! When I get it I am going to make 4 sims 3 girls and 1 guy 2 of the girls are going to be uber ugl and the guy and the other girl really pretty... and then when they finally all move into the mansion which I am thinking of in my head the 2 ugly girls will lock the pretty guy and girl in a room with 1 bed and 1 wardrobe filled with lingerie (not sure if you can do all of this) then I'm going to make the ugly sisters set that room on fire and then watch the do beautiful sims die with no way out *evil laugh*

(I'm not actually quite certain that you can do any of that... but I shall try)

After they die the 2 ugly ladies will get plastic surgery to make them look uber buber pretty then they will have a bitch fight and rip each other limb from limb and then a random famous guy will just randmly pop up and remove his clothes while pooring a ring of petrol around the fighting girls then set that alight then smash the petrol thingy on one of the girls then they will blow up with melting plastic EVERYWHERE!!! Then he will jump in then i will get everyone in the town to jump in then no one lives happily ever after...

THE END!
Unsocialized Homeschooler
#50 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 7:29 AM
wow......

If this game didn't cost money, and my laptop could handle it I'd so buy it.

Page 2 of 4