Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th May 2010 at 12:02 AM
Children
What are your thoughts on children? Cute? Disgusting? Annoying?
Do you want to have children?

I think they're adoooooooooorable! I just want to squeeze them till they pop! But I'm not a big diaper changer.. I have a really, really sensitive stomach. But feeding them is fun.. Until they drink a little too fast and throw up on you. >.< I've been spit up on by my little sister. ):
^_^

I want to have children..
Well, I'm pregnant, but, it's so surreal right now. o.O

MySpace<--Neopets<--Call me Paige.-->Twitter-->Facebook
Her eyes alight with passion anew
Like the meadows glittering morning dew,
Burn deep into my heart & mind
Like a Summers day her beauty shined.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 11th May 2010 at 12:09 AM
I don't like kids.

Congratulations though...

Oh, by the way, is that you in your avatar? It's really pretty.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th May 2010 at 12:17 AM
O.o Thanks.

Of course it is me in my avatar. Thank you.

Scholar
#4 Old 11th May 2010 at 12:19 AM
I was just wondering seeing as your eyes are brown there, but in the pictures you posted in the Picture Thread they were blue.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 11th May 2010 at 12:19 AM
Congratulations!

I have never been maternal and whilst I think kids can be funny and sweet sometimes, I also can't help but focus on the (many, many) times when they're annoying! I don't want kids. I don't know what to do with them, but they always seem to be drawn to me. I think it's like that thing with animals; if they sense your fear they will pay you attention!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th May 2010 at 12:25 AM Last edited by Paige-Kitty-Grace : 11th May 2010 at 9:10 PM.
I got brown contacts. XD

Forum Resident
#7 Old 11th May 2010 at 3:49 AM
I've been caring for children for over 5 years, so I certainly like kids. I appreciate my quiet time though!

I would like to have one child. Maybe two. I just don't like splitting my attention - I'd like to focus on just one child to love and care for. I used to dream of having 3-4 children, but a year or two ago I learned I had a disease that will make it very difficult to conceive. So, I've grown used to the idea of only having one.

Even if all goes well, I don't plan on having children for 8 to 10 years (26 to 28 years old).

On a side note, I *love* thinking about baby names. Delaney and Luke are currently the front runners, but others up there are Elizabeth, Layla, and Landon. In 10 years they'll be completely different, I'm sure.

Nightly
"...because as you know, Betty is the God of Arm Hair."
Theorist
#8 Old 11th May 2010 at 4:07 AM
I don't like kids. I get awkward around them. I don't know what to do or how to entertain them or anything. I certainly don't want any, God no! The whole idea of pregnancy and childbirth completely repulses me. A baby should not fit out of a hole that small. D:

However, I do like devising silly baby names. I have a list of stupid ones I'm going to suggest to friends. "Tulip" and "Daffodil" and stuff like that. xD

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Scholar
#9 Old 11th May 2010 at 4:44 AM
^Congratulations Paige

I love kiddies and they seem to like me, which helps, Lol. I look after them often and can't wait until the day where i can call myself a Mummy ... not for awhile yet though i might add! haha.

Georgie. Aka Geah
Flickr × MTS Yearbook
27.11.08|17.12.08|24.06.09|06.06.10|24.07.10|19.11.2010
Kia Kaha
Test Subject
#10 Old 11th May 2010 at 4:51 AM
Oh, I love children. Most kids are really sweet to me. What I don't like is when they get super clingy, but if they were my own kids that would be entirely different. Clingy is good when their yours I think. I've never had any kinds so I wuldn't know for sure.

Anyhow, I think kids are great! =]

“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” - Howard Thurman
Mad Poster
#11 Old 11th May 2010 at 5:39 AM
I am neutral. I get along with kids very well as I am child at heart. I really want a kid down the line, me and my husband constantly talk about it, but like I said I am wee bit immature right now and I mentally not prepared.

Children are made pretty easily, but it is having a right minds set, that's what's challenging.

Congrats Paige! My step mother is supposed to deliver very soon(twin baby bros, woot!) and my best friends wife is giving birth next month, and my other firend is 4 -5 months into it XD So yeah, I am odd one out.
Theorist
#12 Old 11th May 2010 at 8:00 AM
Having children is probably the one thing I'm certain about in life. Quite a few people I went to school with are starting to have babies now, but I'm thinking it'll be more like in ten years time for me!

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."
Mad Poster
#13 Old 11th May 2010 at 8:21 AM
...kill them with fire. NOT REALLY!

I don't like kids at all. They're smelly and always sticky. Also, I don't want to spend my life raising someone else. My life is my life. I might change my opinion when I grow older, but at the moment, no kids ever.
Rubric Wrangler
#14 Old 11th May 2010 at 12:22 PM
I mostly like kids. I don't really know what to do with them, but everyone I know says I'm great with them. I'll probably have one or two (let's hope my Sims tendency of 'MOAR KIDDIES' isn't some subconscious desire of mine!)

I like watching parenting shows (particularly "Supernanny") to analyse the parallels to dog training, which is how I learned psychology. My kids will be raised using positive reinforcement and negative punishment (not, like, spanking or yelling. That's POSITIVE punishment), just like my dog! :D

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Scholar
#15 Old 11th May 2010 at 2:07 PM
Ewww, little monsters. D:

cherrycherrycherryboomboom.

Dreamwidth
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 11th May 2010 at 2:14 PM
Me and children don't quite mix. They freak me out, I have no idea what to do with them. I have only babysat once, and I don't want to do that again, ever. I do want my own kids, though, later. Much, much later, I want to get other stuff done first.

Don't you wanna fly so high above the clouds and trees,
Learn a thing from birds and bees ,
See the morning rise over the ocean up ahead?

tumblr|lastfm
Mad Poster
#17 Old 11th May 2010 at 4:03 PM
I like kids, I have a job babysitting at the moment, and I would probably like to have kids in the future. And also to Paige: Congrats! :D

Happiness is anyone and anything that's loved by you.

My name is Jessica, but I answer to Jessie, Jess, Candiiee, Candy and Cand. :P
Instructor
#18 Old 11th May 2010 at 4:15 PM
Congratulations Paige!

I only like my own kids. Before I had my daughter I swore I would never have children and when I found out I was pregnant it was very difficult to come to terms with(because I didn't like kids and because I was only 17). I had actually booked a termination, but I couldn't do it. She is 6 now and gorgeous and sometimes when I think about how close I came to not having her its scary. I also have a 17month old son now as well. I have no regrets and want one more. Motherhood appears to agree with me. :-)

I still don't like other people's children though!

^_^
Mad Poster
#19 Old 11th May 2010 at 6:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by schitzwa
Congratulations Paige!

I only like my own kids. Before I had my daughter I swore I would never have children and when I found out I was pregnant it was very difficult to come to terms with(because I didn't like kids and because I was only 17). I had actually booked a termination, but I couldn't do it. She is 6 now and gorgeous and sometimes when I think about how close I came to not having her its scary. I also have a 17month old son now as well. I have no regrets and want one more. Motherhood appears to agree with me. :-)

I still don't like other people's children though!

Ha! That's me and my husband! We hate other kids roaming around and we always grumble when we see them. My husband is strictly no no about kids right now, but he does not mind having conversations about them and is actually very enthusiastic when we discuss them We also say, we will only like our kids, because every one else seem so immature and unmannered you know? XD

Did any one else's spouse act same way when it came to kids? XD
Mad Poster
#20 Old 11th May 2010 at 6:41 PM
I'm 14 so no spouses, LOL, but I would totally want a load of kids. I'm adopted so I don't know my heritage except it's German, and my bio-mum's dead, so I'm all for having at least five or six kids just so they don't feel lonely about only having adopted siblings like I do. :P

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Mad Poster
#21 Old 11th May 2010 at 8:40 PM
I like kids- they're funny, they're sweet, and they really do say the damndest things. However, I'm not too fond of babies, as paradoxical as that may seem. I do want one or two children of my own, but I plan to have a very demanding career, and I'm not going to stop working to become a stay-at-home mom. While it does suit some women (my mother, for example, went from being a high-profile court reporter to a stay-at-home mom), the most important thing to me is my career, and while I will love my children with all my heart, I can't imagine a scenario in which I would turn my back on writing or book-editing.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Mad Poster
#22 Old 11th May 2010 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zinthos
I don't like kids. I get awkward around them. I don't know what to do or how to entertain them or anything. I certainly don't want any, God no! The whole idea of pregnancy and childbirth completely repulses me. A baby should not fit out of a hole that small. D:

However, I do like devising silly baby names. I have a list of stupid ones I'm going to suggest to friends. "Tulip" and "Daffodil" and stuff like that. xD

lol i totally agree with you! I mean in science/health class they say the population of Americans are decreasing, have they ever thought that what they're teaching on the reproductive system has anything to do with it? XD

Oh and about your names... how about Gidget and what was the other name Erikka told me... ah bugger i forgot it! Oh and my math teacher was pregnant and her last name is Rose and we were talking about having her name her girl Tulip Lily Rose XD or Benjamina (which would be after the guy in my class- Benjamin).

Rise above hate. Love one another. Be kind.
I am INACTIVE on MTS
Come find me on GoS and tumblr:
TS2 Blog
TS4 Blog
Alchemist
#23 Old 11th May 2010 at 9:35 PM
I don't like children. I've always told myself that it's career first, then children. If at all possible, I'd like to not have children but if my partner wanted any, I would have one or two. Obviously not anytime in the near future, as I'm 16 and have a lot of things to do before I have children
Theorist
#24 Old 11th May 2010 at 10:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NintendoLover13
lol i totally agree with you! I mean in science/health class they say the population of Americans are decreasing, have they ever thought that what they're teaching on the reproductive system has anything to do with it? XD

Oh and about your names... how about Gidget and what was the other name Erikka told me... ah bugger i forgot it! Oh and my math teacher was pregnant and her last name is Rose and we were talking about having her name her girl Tulip Lily Rose XD or Benjamina (which would be after the guy in my class- Benjamin).

The only sane name on the list is Esmeralda. Clopin is on there, obviously, and there's stuff like Petronella, Nightingale, Humming-Bird, Rhododendron, Chrysanthemum, and Sparrow.
I feel sorry for anyone that asks me for baby name ideas in the future.

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 11th May 2010 at 10:45 PM
I have a love/hate relationship when it comes to kids (blame my little sister) . My mom asked me once if I was planning to give her grandchildren, I was like yeah 0-1 and I'll be in my early to mid 30s.

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .

Page 1 of 3