Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
View Poll Results: Where's the first place you'd look to download Sims 4 rooms?
Lots & Housing section
1055 43.01%
Build section
588 23.97%
Somewhere else - comment below!
99 4.04%
I'm not interested in sims 4 rooms, I just wanted to answer a poll
711 28.98%
Voters: 2453. You may not vote on this poll

Site Helper
#51 Old 1st May 2015 at 1:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kimmy365
How to download mods? I know it explains it to you but i need it explained more clearly

Which game? Sims 2, 3, and 4 are all different. (And Sims 3 is different depending on whether or not you have patches or an EP later than Ambitions.)
for Sims 2, try This link: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...Fracking_Idiots
Sims 3: Patch!. (Ok, the link I will post also says to patch, so that is a bit redundant.) http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...ght_Dunderheads
Sims 4: I don't see an Idiot's Guide for Sims 4, but I found this: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...p:TS4_CC_Basics It seems like it should be reasonably clear. I don't play Sims 4, so I can't be any more help with it, but if there is something in the article that you need to have explained you can send me a PM and I'll see if I can help you figure it out.

(And questions like this should really be in their own thread. )

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 2nd May 2015 at 1:30 AM
Default The point of uploading rooms... or anything to MTS
Quote: Originally posted by Grijze Pilion
I don't entirely get the point of rooms. Shouldn't they just be uploaded to the Gallery? I can imagine Lots being on here, just for the vastly superior documentation and the ability to link to CC et cetera, but since rooms are here, I'm indecisive.

1) I find that MTS is vastly easier to search than the Gallery is IMHO.
2) Unless E.A. has changed the Gallery since I last looked (definitely possible) they don't warn about downloads containing CC
3) MTS is much faster to load than the Gallery (on my PC)
4) I'm on MTS for other downloads that the Gallery does not handle anyways
Test Subject
#53 Old 2nd May 2015 at 2:57 AM
i'd think it should be under lots/housing and sub-categorised as rooms.
Test Subject
#54 Old 2nd May 2015 at 5:59 AM
sims home page
Test Subject
#55 Old 3rd May 2015 at 2:46 AM
Rooms are technically part of the lots and housing, so I think I'll jump on the bandwagon and say they should go under Lots & Housing > Rooms. It just makes sense, you know?
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 3rd May 2015 at 8:13 PM
the first thing i look at and check is if there are new outfits i can download for my sims

hello everyone and have a great day
Field Researcher
#57 Old 3rd May 2015 at 9:36 PM
Personally, I use the room function with several different kinds of proposals:
1. To save a small room edge of some special building constructions as an universal building part of my lots creations later.
2. To share a favorite room of my created houses. (Although I tend to share a whole house, do I find that a nice room has its own attraction. It is just like different kinds of magazine: there are magazines of indoor design; there are magazines of architectures.)
3. To sort my no CC items and CC items, so that I can find a single item of them quickly. (I really need this kind of room, because it takes so much time by me to find a object in that not really good sorted Sims 4 catalogue. Furthermore, I find it will be practical, if the creator, who uploaded a set of CC objects, will upload a CC room with only the objects of that set or that series of sets. I have sorted some rooms for myself in this category. You can find this kind of examples under my origin id BLUMENRUI.)
I am agreed with Lots and Houses/rooms. Or change it as Rooms and Houses/Rooms.

I'm searching for every new idea to deal with the Sims! To me this game's just like a tool. One can change and create everything he/she wants!
Test Subject
#58 Old 3rd May 2015 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
I think they should be put under lots in a sub section.

I like this idea
Test Subject
#59 Old 3rd May 2015 at 11:09 PM
I think they should be put in a subsection under Lots & Housing, as Rooms are installed in a similar way to Lots (i.e Tray files)
Test Subject
#60 Old 4th May 2015 at 3:37 AM
they are in build mode in the game. If you were listing this category in mod the sims, I would check in build first but, lot's and housing would be my second guess.
Test Subject
#61 Old 4th May 2015 at 6:23 PM
I would look under Lot's and Housing! It would need something under there that said Rooms maybe!
Test Subject
#62 Old 4th May 2015 at 6:52 PM
In my opinion, they should be put into a whole new section (as this would be easy to encode into the website) listed as Finished Rooms or something similar. To place them under another category would only clutter up that other category. Once people learn how to create finished rooms, I am pretty sure you would have hundreds of listings and until then, you will have a few people who will own that category.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 4th May 2015 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
We've had a few custom rooms for Sims 4 uploaded, so we want to know: Which part of the Downloads section do you think they should be in?

maybe the where is not really the issue. I guess most people might probably try to get them from the section that has the word "room" in its name - like "lots & housing AND ROOMS" or maybe "build (INCL. ROOMS)" or something like that ... dunno - just sayi'n. I also believe that no matter what the result of the poll is, there will always be people who are going to complain that rooms should be somewhere else ^^
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 5th May 2015 at 2:35 AM
I rarely download houses or rooms here at all honestly but if I were to, I think "rooms" should be given its own category "Rooms" and placed under "Builds"... bcus a room isn't really a "Lot" in my opinion, it's an addition, an add-on... a build and someone "built it"... If I were to get technical (which I think I already have lol), a "Lot" is actually a plot of land, a house sits on a lot, sooooo... yea. I'm just sayin. lol
Test Subject
#65 Old 5th May 2015 at 3:21 PM
I think definately the build mode... i was so dissapointed, when i saw that there are not even "half walls"...
In general the buildmode is very poor, so i would appreciate more of that kind of stuff...
Test Subject
#66 Old 6th May 2015 at 8:53 PM
I would go to the build section and it would be great if there was a sub section there for rooms
Test Subject
#67 Old 7th May 2015 at 10:21 AM
Suree..... idk
Test Subject
#68 Old 7th May 2015 at 1:40 PM
cool site love it
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 7th May 2015 at 11:21 PM
Not interested in Sims4
Test Subject
#70 Old 8th May 2015 at 12:26 AM
One person mentioned that rooms should only be uploaded to the gallery, though lots should more likely be uploaded here because you can describe them better and you can link to CC, etc.

The same would be the case with rooms. Many people who use CC, will use it in the individual rooms, and they would like to be able to describe things better, also.

At any rate--my vote would be for the BUILD category, as they are, indeed, "styled rooms" to be added into a lot you are building. They are not, in fact, a completed lot, and shouldn't be billed as such. I would automatically look in the BUILD category first, personally.
Test Subject
#71 Old 9th May 2015 at 5:04 AM
Well hello i do play have 3 generations Sims, S2, S3 and now S4. But play the most the Sims 3, the reason is easy its just awesome. The Sims 4 looks nice and CAS, the easy build mode alone. But gameplay and free building is just boring, checklist after checklist its sadly more like playing an RPG with Jobs Quests if you get what i mean.
Ah and i didn't look for Sims 4 CC building stuff just yet, i did looked for Sims CCs but thats all.
Test Subject
#72 Old 9th May 2015 at 9:32 PM
download
Test Subject
#73 Old 10th May 2015 at 2:40 AM
good and i like it
Test Subject
#74 Old 10th May 2015 at 6:28 PM
I'd prefer a sub-category for rooms.
Test Subject
#75 Old 11th May 2015 at 2:27 AM
Thanks for download