Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#26 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 9:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lindali365
I don't look forward to my birthday as much as I look forward to others' birthdays. Mine isn't until mid-January, my son's is January 1, and my partner's birthday is mid-October. I'm still trying to figure out what to get him this year. He's tough to buy for in that if he really needs or wants something, he buys it himself. I've got to THINK! *loudly* He could use a really great birthday gift this year.

I'll have to remember to tell him that he's not yet old enough to qualify for a Birthday Greeting from the President of the United States. That should make him very happy (just because of the age thing, not that he doesn't like POTUS).

@lindali365 maybe you could take him out to dinner somewhere he really likes as a surprise?
Hope all good with you both
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 9:47 PM
@Thranduil Oropherion - Taking him out to dinner is a great idea. Thank you! We haven't been out for a meal together in ages it seems. Good food, a little vino, being served and not having to clean up. Excellent! I'll do that and buy him some of his favorite treats and put them together in a basket, wrap it in cellophane and add fall-colored ribbons. And I'll make his favorite cream puffs too.

Next year it would be so perfect if we could travel. He takes the week of his birthday off and we're overdue for some vacation time away from home. Ireland would be wonderful. I've never been and he hasn't been there in about 30 years. His ancestors are from Ireland, one of the closest leaving for America soon after the 1916 Easter Rising/Rebellion (maybe immediately after, or during, he may have been involved in something). In our dining room we have a framed photo of him and his parents when they were in Tyrrellspass. We still have the travel notes M's mother wrote down each day they were in Ireland (tours, traveling, hotels, architecture, etc.).

Sorry for rambling on, I do that from time to time I appreciate you, so thank you much!

Page 2 of 2