A more detailed procedure for lot terrain texture swap/exchange/else...
1. Open simpe
2. click on the "HEX" tab
3. open or drag the lot package file into the top right Resource List box. The left top left box will show the Resource Tree contents (categorised file types in a package file) while the top right Resource List box will show the files in the file type chosen at the (top left) Resource Tree box.
- 3b. choose "Lot Texture" (LTTX)(4B58975B) from the Resource Tree (top left) box
- 3b2. just check if only "Lot Texture" files be shown.
4. Either 4a or 4b routine (in this procedure note, I chose "desert" as the desired)
- 4a. right-click --> add --> browse to the lot terrain texture template --> choose the desired terrain type --> select the xml file of the wanted --> open/add it
- 4b. as depicted in lotterrainswap001.jpg, @ the terrain texture template folder --> choose the desired terrain type --> select the xml file of the wanted --> drag it into the top right Resource Tree box of the simPe
- the newly added file without a save will have their infos shown in Italic style to make them stand out from the original files.
5. A suggested way to view the HEX interface: ( a way I personally find useful)
- 5a. check the "unsigned Dec" (HEX-DEC conversion)
- 5b. check the "Highlight Zeros"
- 5c. check the "Show Grid"
6. Select the original Lot Texture file (coz we may need the gather the W and H values. Surely, if sure about these values, we can skip this step and move on to step 8).
7. @ offsets 72 and 76 in DEC (0x00000048 and 0x0000004C in HEX), note down the values of Width and Height respectively.
8. Delete the original Lot Texture file (the only infos were gathered in step 7).
- How? Right-click at the file @ the top right box of simPe --> select "delete"
9. Select the newly added Lot Texture file
10. Select offsets 72 and 76 in DEC (0x00000048 and 0x0000004C in HEX) by taking turns
11. @ Byte, replace the value with the values gathered from the original Lot Texture file.
12. Click "Commit"
13. Save the package file.
This guide is for every interested readers who want to switch a lot terrain texture.