View Single Post in: CAST King or Queen Winner is Announced!

Instructor
#32 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 10:59 AM
Default application
Was going to leave this until after uni tomorrow. But Im not feeling sleepy, so I got cracking - really not my best work though :\ Funny how things always look better in your head, isn't it? :p

Basically, my plan was to work with a modern design, and use the CAST to create an eclectic look which I so love. Unfortunately, my rooms were alittle too small to look good "from a sims point of view", and the sheer amount of windows takes away from the eclectic look. Oh well, I shall do better for the next round.

Onto the first screen:

Living Room

Basically my color scheme was black and white. I used slightly different shades of the granite floor, which you cant really see in the picture, and then all my patterns were made black and white using the CAST. I used alot of black laquered wood - Japanese style And I also liked the look of the chrome finish. I used it on my laps and also on my couches. I added some texture with the stones (which took forever to CAST. I stole the colors from another a few stone textures), and added in two shag rugs.

Study/Den

Okay, so my idea here revolved around the concept of suspended garden beds. They looked great in my head... not so easy to translate into The Sims. So as 1 of my 3 pics, I included a side-on view; so you can see wtf is going on.
Decore wise, I kept with the eclectic theme, with black woods, chrome and a luxurious wallpaper.

Well that's what happens when you're on your own and you're alright at letting nice things go