View Single Post in: CAST King or Queen Winner is Announced!

Forum Resident
#47 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 10:49 PM
Yep, what a beginning. There are already so many great entries I’m quite ashamed to post too. Thanks for the idea and the hosting, I love decorating so it’s a MUST DO to me. This contest is gonna be so much fun!

All right, so, this is my application:

The basis decorating theme is how I like it, modern, cluttered to try to have a reality feeling into this (although I still really do need moar clutter) but like the others I went outside my comfort zone by using (trying at least) CAS tools and playing with colors and patterns far more than usual.

The living-room is simple and elegant, not too messy since it’s also the place where guests are received. The green theme is throughout the room to provide a relaxing spirit. The natural theme is also conveyed by the paintings and patterns.

Here is the living-room main area (night):

Another view of it featuring the center of the room, the fireplaces, who add a warm feeling to the room (day1):

Finally, the back part of the room (day2):

The study is meant to be warm and playful, with warm tones of course . I tried to let you see everything but 3 shots is not enough for the small details. So I’ll tell you instead. Here’s a night shot of the painting corner. There are also comfy couches for your sim to read books from the bookcase or pose for the painter (night):

Then, a shot of the relax area of the study with a bed used as a couch where they can lie down when work is getting too hard and they need a break. At the left, a useable coffee machine allows them to take a coffee break (I tried to add cushions on the bed but found no way of doing it, sorry) - (day1):

Finally, the desk area, viewed from the couch (day2):