View Single Post in: LotAdjuster 2.8 (Updated Jan 31, 2010)

Test Subject
#468 Old 25th Dec 2009 at 7:17 PM
Default Compatibility with custom filename prefixes
Moin folks,
I haven't played TS2 for about a whole year (was more busy with working on a BTTF Mod for GTA:VC, but am now again for a week. I now had the wish to adjust the size of a lot, so I updated this tool to the newer version and ran it, having run into two problems:

On the list of neighborhoods mine didn't appear, so I chose browse and navigated manually to the file WAABS_Neighborhood.package and then chose my lot. Finally I configured how to enlarge and started the progress. But the LotAdjuster returned an error to me and said the lot was unoccupied and couldn't be modified.
But it indeed is occupied.

So I ran a batch renaming tool and replaced the prefix WAABS with N004 and retried -> Success: LotAdjuster showed that neighborhood in the list and the lot could be changed.

Now to my question:
Is there any possibility to make the tool compatible with custom prefixes in future? Cause for better organization I like to give them easy recognizable names (my nhood in this case is called Waabs) and the game has obviously no problems with them (but if I remember correctly, SimPE does).

Greets, SimSanta1992 aka. Mini-Me

If I was able to use img-tags here, you would see my personal 275px × 42px signature...